FAQ update needed

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Hew Keenaxe

FAQ update needed

Post by Hew Keenaxe »

This is what is listed in the FAQ section from the home page

What are the system requirements for Illarion?
Operating system:
Windows 98/ME/2000/XP/Vista/7
Linux Kernel 2.4.20 or newer
MacOS X 10.4 Tiger/10.5 Leopard/10.6 Snow Leopard
Solaris 8/9/10 (only 32 bit)
Graphics card:
16MB memory, driver with OpenGL support
CPU:
500 MHz and better

A Java 1.5 runtime environment or higher (preferably 1.6 as 1.7 is not officially supported yet)

Windows Vista does not support the free graphics standard OpenGL by default. Therefore Illarion will not run with the graphics drivers included with Vista. With a better graphics driver from your graphics card manufacturer including OpenGL support, everything should work.

This is what is listed in the General forum - Very Big Update (VBU): Q & A.....now buried on the second page

"What are the System/Hardware/Connection requirements for the VBU Client?"

The system requirements of the new client will be comparable to the current one. Depending on the resolution you expect the client to run at, the requirements may be higher or lower than the requirements of the current client. The new client should run on low spec netbooks, however, for convenient performance, a graphics driver with dedicated memory and OpenGL support is recommended. A 700MHz CPU will not result in a lot of fun with the client. 1.5GHz are recommended at least.

The new client will require Java 1.6, the older 1.5 version will no longer work. This also kills the support for Windows 98, Windows ME and MacOS X 10.4 Tiger. Solaris is now supported as 32 and 64 bit. 32MB memory is not enough any more due the massive increase of graphic resources. 64MB is a minimum, and it's okay if part of that memory is shared.

Even more detail than this should be included, but this should at the very least replace the old.
I have enough trouble running this game with a system twice the requirements. I hate to think of the trouble a new player would go through trying with a system that meets the old.
Llama

Re: FAQ update needed

Post by Llama »

Hew Keenaxe

Post by Hew Keenaxe »

Great linc Llama
Still should be available from the main page
Hew Keenaxe

Post by Hew Keenaxe »

And still not changed yet I am being told it is my PC that is the reason I have trouble playing this game. And i have 2x or more what they ask for. You need to revaluate your requirements of PC performance needed.
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

Please look at the system requirements at the download page:
http://illarion.org/illarion/us_java_download.php

Your computer has a single core CPU that is considerably below the minimal requirements.
Hew Keenaxe

Post by Hew Keenaxe »

Thank you Nitram
Finally some information I can use.
Now I think I know how to fix the problems.
Hopefully