Opinions on the 3 faction towns

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

themonk

Opinions on the 3 faction towns

Post by themonk »

I have only checked out Runewick and Cadomyr and I must say Runewick is enchanting im seriously considering moving my character (Gurk) there, even though Cadomyr is more lively with people.

Whats all your opinions?
Last edited by themonk on Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fooser

Re: Opinions on the 3 faction towns

Post by Fooser »

The other two are better atmospherically in my opinion but Galmair is a better fit for my character, so I don't plan on moving yet
Rincewind

Post by Rincewind »

I know myself. Sooner or later I will end up with a char in each town. Each of them provides a uniqe feeling and different athmosphäre. - They are amazing.
Nalzaxx

Post by Nalzaxx »

A town!? Ha! I am a free man!

But somehow I still have to pay a huge tribute to no-one.
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

If you left a faction and still pay taxes, please report so on mantis.

I think it is too early to make up one's mind about the factions. Just feel free to explore them all and experience the differences!
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

Briefly seeing all three towns but spending most of my time in Galmair, I am a little partial to it. At first I thought it wasn't as nice looking as the others but the ease of use, places to explore including underground along with the atmosphere has me coming back for more.
Salathe

Post by Salathe »

I LOVE the factions. I love having to go to different places to get different things. I love that I find certain people certain places. Sure it's a hassle, but it was executed amazingly. And that there seems to be an equal amount of people in each faction is quite surprising as well.
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Salathe wrote:I LOVE the factions. I love having to go to different places to get different things. I love that I find certain people certain places. Sure it's a hassle, but it was executed amazingly. And that there seems to be an equal amount of people in each faction is quite surprising as well.
You should be in galmair, noob
Salathe

Post by Salathe »

I have all I need in Cadomyr ;D
Qeewee

Post by Qeewee »

Galmair I havent checked out yet, though I get the feeling mostly villains, dwarves and smiths are there. Doesn't give smiths a lot of choice though I feel on where to settle, unless they want to travel a lot with their heavy work.

Cadomyr is pretty much the perfect place for fighters, it's great fun for the adventerous characters and it seems to be highly populated with players. The lack of resources though, is dreadful to most crafters. I've met most english players here so far, and had some fun roleplay. The way the npcs speak of women, makes me think of albar, though with a queen in charge, its a funny combination. The deserty area and priests of Bragon makes me think of Kumdah. I really like this town, though;

Runewick I personally love. It's perfect for crafters (except smiths and glassblowers I guess), with so many resources handy. It has the cozy atmosphere greenbriar had, unless you are in the castle building thing, or the golden bridge, which gives the atmosphere of mighy arrogant mages, and I suppose the foresty part of it also gives the atmosphere of Tol Vanima. Also it has a wider area than the two other towns that is safe for monsters, which suits peaceful characters a lot more as well as those that roleplay children. Sadly this area isn't as populated as I'd wish, and most of the small population that I have seen RPs mostly in german.
Flux

Post by Flux »

I disagree on the fighter part, with the current system I would never think to start a fighter in any town other than Runewick.
Qeewee

Post by Qeewee »

Flux wrote:I disagree on the fighter part, with the current system I would never think to start a fighter in any town other than Runewick.
I didn't mean the start with fighting peaceful critters then move onto fighting hostile monsters part of it, the whole skilling thing.

I just meant it has mostly monsters, more people, less resources to be harvested. So mostly a place for adventurers and warriors, fighting for honor, nobility and the queen. The RP atmosphere, not really the skilling part of it.
Thargon

Post by Thargon »

I'm wondering what towns are allied with what major powers in the main land. Albarians, Salks and whatever else.
Ufedhin

Post by Ufedhin »

Galmair ,Galmair ,Galmair, here you can mine more gold ,iron and copper than you can shake a stick at,you might starve to death or get eaten by beasts or devil's but hey you will die rich ! :D
Galmair is the town for me.