VBU First Impressions

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Qeewee

Re: VBU First Impressions

Post by Qeewee »

Second impression I guess: Even though people are too excited about the new engine to stop and really RP, Im definitely hooked once more just by the few RP events Ive had. Can't wait for fighting to get sorted out, and for people to settle down enough to care about RP more like a certain few has :D
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Now for some fun .... economics.

I'll preface by saying "it's only been a couple days it will probably get better but there are still some concerns" ...

Gathering tools (ex. picks) break rate is balanced very well. Crafting tools (I used crucible and tongs) break crazy fast. And all the tools cost 20 silver a pop from NPC's. Yikes. If you need to go to another town to get the tool it costs 20s for the tool + 20s for a two way teleporter trip. Yikes x2. 10s per teleporter use is a little rough.

Overall it's a little painful right now, haven't really turned a profit on anything. The prices are very very high. I realize you can sell things for higher as well but I feel the prices have gone up disproportionately high compared to the increased profit you can make. NPC's sell tools for a lot and buy your stuff very cheap. Not many players are buying because they made new chars or didn't bring much money. It's hard to find tools and materials for the same reason so you end up having to buy them from NPC's.
Qeewee

Post by Qeewee »

Yeah hope that will change in a few days. Probably will be better when they sort out the selling system, how you can't sell certain resources to merchants that say they buy them(has been reported to mantis, both in german and english it seems). Though I feel right now merchants eat up too much of peoples coins and is a bit too much of a money drain, which will prolly be good to have soon and then in a few months will be too little of a money drain and we will "need" another inflation. :P Economy, huh?
Llama

Post by Llama »

Yeah tools break very quickly considering how much you pay for them.

My crucible-pincers lasted 100 ores if I remember correctly. That said the crafting system makes tools very easy and cheap to make for a reason. So when players supply the tools (and even a 0 skilled carpenter can make his own tools) - its not really that bad.

Towns with no smith/carpentry might have some large issues though - I hope the tools are cheaper there.

But yeah, buying from NPCs is best left for emergancies.
rakust dorenstkzul

Post by rakust dorenstkzul »

Just looked at Cadomyr palace on the minimap.

Heh.
Hew Keenaxe

Post by Hew Keenaxe »

Love the new online-player list
Po Will

Post by Po Will »

Other than getting used to the movement and getting vendors to sell too me; looks and feels brilliant. And even then, the merchant issue's likely me being daft and doing something wrong :lol:

Great job lads and lassies :P

Edit:

On the point of the cost of tools and what have you, I wouldn't call this a real problem. It leaves plenty of room to undercut the NPC merchants and really enforces buying from players. Of course, you need an even market of supply and demand. Say one person corners one specific nitch market; aye they'll be rolling in it for a while. But then, people ought to ignore that and just work to dismantling said hold.

Economy, easy if you just work :wink:
Juliana D'cheyne

Post by Juliana D'cheyne »

I love everything about the game but the chat. I realize "enter" is just an extra click or two but still prefer not to have that one bit of effort more in order to roleplay. It could be due to when busy using the mouse to move things, it is more difficult to stop this in order to press enter, roleplay, then press enter again to continue what you are doing. Perhaps it would have been easier if there was an alternative way such as clicking on the chat screen with the mouse, who knows.
Elijah

Post by Elijah »

My first impressions were:

Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

Since most have had a "first impression" I am going to lock this topic as being old. Achae