Thanks

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Llama

Thanks

Post by Llama »

Sure its a bit rough around the edges, but there seems to have gone an extreme amount of work into it, and there's a lot to explore, lots to see and lots to do.

So. Thanks.
rakust dorenstkzul

Re: Thanks

Post by rakust dorenstkzul »

You guys all rock.
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

Hugs for all that volunteered their time. It shows...thanks!
Arvemor

Post by Arvemor »

THANKYOU!
Hmong Cai

Post by Hmong Cai »

everything is so AMAZING.

just haves to get used to moving with my mouse now. >.<

:lol:
Valen Tiercelion

Post by Valen Tiercelion »

Quite nice indeed :). It feels like a whole new game! Leveling seems to be quite difficult though, and dying rather easy. But I definitely like how the monsters are spread out now, it really makes the map come alive.

Partying and experience sharing is possible, and they already add an additional teamplay dynamic which the monsters seem to hint at. Improved offensive and defensive abilities along with easier skill gain due to partying could also prove interesting.
Last edited by Valen Tiercelion on Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Flux

Post by Flux »

Partying and sharing experience IS possible. A monster can only attack one person at once, but several people can get skill points from attacking the monster. Getting a "party" is part of roleplay.

One big change in the VBU is that you can no longer just walk into some haunted crypt as a newbie and expect to be able to hack your way through mummies. You should fight some things that won't fight back first if you want to fight alone, or find friends to team up with. A good place to find them are in the forests near Runewick.

We now have monsters that are 4x as powerful as a single character could hypothetically be. You probably won't see them any time soon, but you can see the point - the game is best played cooperatively. It will be extremely difficult for lone players to try and solo dungeons now.
Aldan Vian

Post by Aldan Vian »

Flux wrote:Partying and sharing experience IS possible. A monster can only attack one person at once, but several people can get skill points from attacking the monster. Getting a "party" is part of roleplay.

One big change in the VBU is that you can no longer just walk into some haunted crypt as a newbie and expect to be able to hack your way through mummies. You should fight some things that won't fight back first if you want to fight alone, or find friends to team up with. A good place to find them are in the forests near Runewick.

We now have monsters that are 4x as powerful as a single character could hypothetically be. You probably won't see them any time soon, but you can see the point - the game is best played cooperatively. It will be extremely difficult for lone players to try and solo dungeons now.
Is it intentional for the random wandering dwarves and such near Galmair to be ALMOST as strong as a single character with very high levels? its hard for weaker characters to do so much as step outside at the moment.
Ufedhin

Post by Ufedhin »

All the hard work shows its just great! :D
But i will add that my once quite experienced dwarf will not be fighting a bandit again anytime soon, these one's be magnitudes more powerfull than the old ones.
I will not be going for any country walks for the near future.
Rhianna Morgan

Post by Rhianna Morgan »

Thanks to everyone, as soon as I figure out how not to be too stupid for this game, I'll enjoy it! You did a great job! :D
Flux

Post by Flux »

Aldan Vian wrote:
Flux wrote:Partying and sharing experience IS possible. A monster can only attack one person at once, but several people can get skill points from attacking the monster. Getting a "party" is part of roleplay.

Is it intentional for the random wandering dwarves and such near Galmair to be ALMOST as strong as a single character with very high levels? its hard for weaker characters to do so much as step outside at the moment.
I just looked at the dwarves and I agree, they need balancing. They have mid skills, but the problem seems to be their attributes. I think this needs another look.
Aldan Vian

Post by Aldan Vian »

Flux wrote:
Aldan Vian wrote:

I just looked at the dwarves and I agree, they need balancing. They have mid skills, but the problem seems to be their attributes. I think this needs another look.
Thank you. On another note, you guys did an awesome job! The new environments are gorgeous, and after the bugs are smoothed out a bit I feel that this will really bring new life to the world of Illarion.
wolfsword

Post by wolfsword »

Retlak

Post by Retlak »

This is like a completely new game and I think it is absolutely fantastic. I really love the features, I spent hours trying to do a quest yesterday in the mummy crypt and had to get others to help me out, met some funny huge Orcs.

I noticed skilling is way way harder even from level 0, and the death penalty is great, no longer a ridiculous penalty of losing all your hard earned skills and items, degrading all worn item quality is a great touch and having to fork out a mass of money for repairs is a great touch.

I'm enjoying exploring everywhere, off i go to do some more!

A huge thanks for the developers time on this project.

Matt
Velisai

Post by Velisai »

Also a big thanks from me to everyone who made this update possible.
Salathe

Post by Salathe »

Retlak wrote:This is like a completely new game and I think it is absolutely fantastic. I really love the features, I spent hours trying to do a quest yesterday in the mummy crypt and had to get others to help me out, met some funny huge Orcs.

I noticed skilling is way way harder even from level 0, and the death penalty is great, no longer a ridiculous penalty of losing all your hard earned skills and items, degrading all worn item quality is a great touch and having to fork out a mass of money for repairs is a great touch.

I'm enjoying exploring everywhere, off i go to do some more!

A huge thanks for the developers time on this project.

Matt
Skillgain is bugged currently.

But dear god do I love this game so far. I'm playing it way more than I have time to. Spent the morning treasure hunting with a friend, and even though the treasure we found was stuck behind a wall, it was still a ton of fun. I lost about 80 silver coins to gambler in Necktie Inn. It's awesome to see a neutral depot! There is just SO MUCH WORLD!!!!

I know there are still bugs and movement/combat is clunk, but dear god its fun.
Flux

Post by Flux »

Skillgain isn't "bugged", I saw this written in Mantis and it's nonsense. There's two things that prevent skillgain right now:

One, it's now based only on successful actions. If your shield is crap/nonexistent and you fight monsters more skilled than you then you will only parry the minimum 5% of the time.

If you wear heavy armour and fight monsters more skilled than you, you will only dodge the minimum 5% of the time.

And the easy monsters like mummies hit you at like a third of a rate you hit them, and you hit them like 70% of the time.

So 70% of the time you fight, you're learning attack weapons, and only 30% of the time is anything giving you the chance to learn off it by attempting to hit you, multiplied by the chance to learn dodge with heavy armour on, 1.5% chance, then you can only learn parry if you fail to dodge, so that becomes 0.04925% chance to learn parry, so you will learn those skills much slower.

Then we have this new system whereby the more time you spend skilling and not roleplaying, the harder it is to skill, and the more you roleplay and don't skill, the easier it becomes to skill.

And then we have the fact that skilling is too slow in general.

Nothing is "bugged", it's just unbalanced.
Qeewee

Post by Qeewee »

So all minor complaints I might have aside, you all did a brilliant job. Thanks. :D
Ufedhin

Post by Ufedhin »

How to say thank you? to those who selflessly created this awesome new game .
Im totaly hooked :D.
Qeewee

Post by Qeewee »

Ufedhin wrote:How to say thank you? to those who selflessly created this awesome new game .
Im totaly hooked :D.
Selflessly? They get to play it themselves with all of us! :D Though yeah really, it's great that they took the time of their free time and did their best to make this and still are struggling to fix bugs and make it as close to perfection as possible ^_^ It's nice to see all the progress on mantis!
Flux

Post by Flux »

Can I just say:

Thanks to the players.

When updates used to be done that would bring a new feature, we'd have a lot of moaning about how it ruined the game. With the vbu, obviously we've had a few complaints, but that's to be expected, but overall the playerbase has been hugely positive, understood that a lot of the new systems haven't had a lot of people in and about to test them fully so things are going to be buggy or unbalanced, and generally reacted extremely well to having their island destroyed and a whole new place.

So thanks a lot to you guys, for being such good sports. I know the change has had its problems, but you really took it in your stride. So thanks.
Leon Demelii

Post by Leon Demelii »

Words cannot express it.

This is truly the greatest gift, everyone that made it possible... You are wonderful people with the biggest hearts and SO MUCH patience.

Thank you so much. I am truly more in love with this game than I thought possible.
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Flux wrote:Can I just say:

Thanks to the players.

When updates used to be done that would bring a new feature, we'd have a lot of moaning about how it ruined the game. With the vbu, obviously we've had a few complaints, but that's to be expected, but overall the playerbase has been hugely positive, understood that a lot of the new systems haven't had a lot of people in and about to test them fully so things are going to be buggy or unbalanced, and generally reacted extremely well to having their island destroyed and a whole new place.

So thanks a lot to you guys, for being such good sports. I know the change has had its problems, but you really took it in your stride. So thanks.
Word.
Kugar

Post by Kugar »

Love you guy's so much I might need therapy after this.
PurpleMonkeys

Post by PurpleMonkeys »

I haven't said anything so far because I've been speechless. You're all sexy beasts, every one of you.
Llama

Post by Llama »

PurpleMonkeys wrote:You're all sexy beasts, every one of you.
You haven't seen GM Flux then...
Qeewee

Post by Qeewee »

Llama wrote:
PurpleMonkeys wrote:You're all sexy beasts, every one of you.
You haven't seen GM Flux then...