How should we roleplay the change?

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Arvemor

How should we roleplay the change?

Post by Arvemor »

What is the lore behind the map changing? When everyone does finally switch worlds, do we pretend nothing happened? Or should we acknowledge that things are different?
Achae Eanstray

Re: How should we roleplay the change?

Post by Achae Eanstray »

considering some of the quests leading up to the VBU I don't see how a char can ignore some of the changes. :D
Valen Tiercelion

Post by Valen Tiercelion »

Or just play a dreamer and have him believe nothing happened :)

| Oh, we'll see, we'll see :lol: :wink:
V
Last edited by Valen Tiercelion on Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

Obama has won a second time - change is for real this time :P
Arvemor

Post by Arvemor »

Unfortunately I haven't been able to be online lately... plus quests are never on when I am... Could someone fill me in?
Morbius

Post by Morbius »

This one here's after a quick summery I think. Admittedly I have no idea what's going on either in regard to RPing the VBU... and might also appreciate such a summery. >.>
Flux

Post by Flux »

I don't understand the question.

It's not like the world mysteriously completely changes and everyone pretends it didn't. There'll be quests that make it very clear what happens.

You just roleplay like you roleplay.
Jeisa

Post by Jeisa »

I had assumed that something would happen to Gobaith that would make everyone flee to some new island. That could explain why items will be left behind, magic doesn't function the way it used to, some races are missing, and some people didn't make it while (hopefully) there's an influx of new characters! But whatever happens, I'm sure it'll all be explained so that we know exactly what's going on.
rakust dorenstkzul

Post by rakust dorenstkzul »

The real important question is, will the place be named Nitramia, or Estraliston?

Edit: I don't know how i didn't catch this

Estrailia.
Thargon

Post by Thargon »

Morbius wrote:This one here's after a quick summery I think. Admittedly I have no idea what's going on either in regard to RPing the VBU... and might also appreciate such a summery. >.>
I'll try and explain from what I understand whats has been happening and correct me if I'm wrong. and don't read this if you don't want to know.

Gobaith is going through a tough time with a plague that has somehow appeared on the island, from what one of my characters have heard is that it was spread by two people digging around in the burnt up library. Gobaith is also going through some sort of religion Crisis where people are comparing the two groups (5 and the 11) and saying one is better than the other. And just recently some preacher that just got banished from the island spoke of a prophecy that the return of the 5 will be bad for the island as they are dissatisfied with how we worship them.

So it seems the island is doomed so we'll vacate it and start afresh is that what your after Morbius?
Teflon

Post by Teflon »

Thargon wrote:And just recently some preacher that just got banished from the island spoke of a prophecy that the return of the 5 will be bad for the island as they are dissatisfied with how we worship them.
He did not say that. He claimed that the 11 are dissatisfied and will not protect anyone against the perils caused by the 5, who do not care about anything or anyone during their return. But this was his opinion. If they actually do or not... well, FOI. ;)
Morbius

Post by Morbius »

I think I understand what's happeneing a bit better now, thanks Thargon. So huge plague is making everyone run away to another island, killing some, and making room for lots of new characters and stuff. *nods*
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

rakust dorenstkzul wrote:The real important question is, will the place be named Nitramia, or Estraliston?

Edit: I don't know how i didn't catch this

Estrailia.
Sadly, I could not press this through. I overheard the world we'll be playing in will be called... Illarion.
Qeewee

Post by Qeewee »

Yeah but he said the place not the world, like our current island is Gobaith? :P
Will it be named "New Gobaith" ? :o like New York and New England and all that? :3
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

So and so city/town whatever located on Illarion. Illarion as the mainland.
Qeewee

Post by Qeewee »

O_O Mainland? I might actually play with the VBU :o