Ingame Interferences

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Sir Gnar

Re: Ingame Interferences

Post by Sir Gnar »

rakust dorenstkzul wrote:
Sir Gnar wrote:

I love this game, the players, and all the hard work from the staff & developers that go into this to game regardless of fault I have found with the few. I just need to keep it real and call BS on the GM complaint link. It might have done more for me to click my heels rather than that link.
I once got banned for implying Aegohl was a bad artist.

Firstly, thats hilarious. Secondly, it still seems a bit more logical than my banning. Water under the bridge though, i'm IG and still green. Life is good. :mrgreen:
Valen Tiercelion

Post by Valen Tiercelion »

I privately call them "the untouchables".
The lowest caste in Hindu India? :)

However I too have found the average Illarion GM to be ban-happy. By this, I mean pulling the trigger after hearing and considering only one side. Perhaps there isn't much for many GMs to do and they leap at the chance to feel like they are useful. Even when that only means being useful in the limited sense of acting as the private vendetta tool of certain players.
Damien

Post by Damien »

In Illa, the server logs every action and every word of every player and account. Before banning someone, the staff checks these logs. They can see exactly who breaks server rules and when and where, but they have to look for it.
When i was in the staff, which was a few years, bans were definitely justified and the only ones being banned in a "ban happy" way were players who were known to repeatedly break game rules or behavoiur rules, and cannot be talked to. Even then, their logs were checked to come to a final decision, which was done as a group decision.
Since i think that the staff did not change that habit, you can be pretty sure that bans are usually not unfair in illa. Those who were banned, especially several times, do have to think stuff over and change their habits. Or really read through game rules, behaviour code and rp guide a few times. Definitely. :wink:
Leomar

Post by Leomar »

If you want to complain about a GM desicion go and talk to a CM, that what these people are there for.
S'rrt

Post by S'rrt »

Damien wrote:Those who were banned, especially several times, do have to think stuff over and change their habits. Or really read through game rules, behaviour code and rp guide a few times. Definitely. :wink:
Good idea. Valen, here's a few you should see:
http://illarion.org/illarion/us_rules_2.php#realism
http://illarion.org/illarion/us_rules_2.php#emotes
http://illarion.org/illarion/us_rules_2.php#ooc
http://illarion.org/illarion/us_rules_2.php#gms
Leon Demelii

Post by Leon Demelii »

Valen Tiercelion wrote:
However I too have found the average Illarion GM to be ban-happy. By this, I mean pulling the trigger after hearing and considering only one side. Perhaps there isn't much for many GMs to do and they leap at the chance to feel like they are useful. Even when that only means being useful in the limited sense of acting as the private vendetta tool of certain players.
I don't think you understand that the rules apply to you as well as the rest of us. The GM's are not ban-happy. That's you in denial about your wrong doings. To be honest, I'm surprised you are still here. If you don't like it, there are plenty of other games out there for you to troll! :D :D