Ingame Interferences

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Valen Tiercelion

Ingame Interferences

Post by Valen Tiercelion »

What do you do when your role-play is interrupted in game? What if the interrupter is intent on displacing you from the roleplaying scene altogether? This ranges from people slashing non stop at your character ( when it is clear they aren't bringing down your health ) to people who insist on attempting to ghost you upon sight.

Is it one's duty to appease the ego of every interfering ego player? I don't think so. In fact why should you have to play with everyone? Time is limited, and don't you have a choice? It is extremely boring to interact with certain people due to the repetitive and shallow nature of their behaviors. "Do what I say or be pwned by my uberpged skills which are aha yes higher than yours!" or "Fear and tremble at the thought of the endless hours I spent squinting at little animated blood splashes and clicking desperately at the sight of my falling health bar" are rarely interesting.

Since these people would hound you incessantly if you stayed, I have often just walked away and stopped playing for the day. Apparently, this is more common than I thought, and I know of at least one other person who is wondering, so what would you do in such a situation? Is there a better way to evade the ego player and resume your roleplaying easily?
rakust dorenstkzul

Re: Ingame Interferences

Post by rakust dorenstkzul »

If you're being hounded, a !gm might be in order. You might also with to PM one of the CM's.

http://illarion.org/community/forums/me ... up&g=11501
Ufedhin

Post by Ufedhin »

Well i was not going to comment on this but i feel i must.To be honest how can you post this topic?can you honestly think your character Valen is the victim .
Your character insults , mocks , treats other characters with disdain, totally disregards warnings ,town laws ,drives other characters to violence against your character then you log off if you can before your ghosted.This being a fantasy medievil world where "softly softly "dont come into it, you reap what you sow,It seems you have driven another character to want your head "oh dear".
While i have no troubles with such a character in game as Valen is,if you as the player logs off rather than accept the in game reaction of others then you really have nothing to gripe about .
Its not surprising your attacked on sight by some.

To make it short if you play a "pain in the ass" then take your medicine when its given.
Funny that.
Valen Tiercelion

I play a likable character as many good aligned chars will attest to, but what does it matter if you are personally unable to appreciate a character?

How does that entitle you the player to be a nuisance in an ooc way?

A figurative question btw, Ufedin, since none of this wasn't directed at your dwarf unless you choose to take it that way :)
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

Sorry....I can't quite understand what you are asking. By your "roleplay being interrupted" you are saying another character is correctly roleplaying a ban on yours that was dictated by a town? Or are you saying the PLAYER has interrupted your roleplay oocly?
people slashing non stop at your character ( when it is clear they aren't bringing down your health )
You are protesting the game of Illarion is PVP?

If your char has another character.. not player... attempting to "ghost on site" is this because your character has gone against an in game ban? Are you protesting the ban.. protesting the roleplay...protesting that your char should be exempt from that type of roleplay?
why should you have to play with everyone? Time is limited, and don't you have a choice? It is extremely boring to interact with certain people due to the repetitive and shallow nature of their behaviors.
I am assuming/hoping you meant character rather then player in this sentence?

Because this is a roleplay game and no.. you can avoid those in certain towns by simply going to another town. Your char is only banned in one town and for a certain time I believe.. is this correct? Keeping in mind the game's code of conduct. http://illarion.org/illarion/us_rules_1.php I am assuming you are concerned related to actions against your char by another char in game... if these actions are against the rules of the game definitely contact a GM.

If this is specific to your character only perhaps discuss with a GM by PM? Or is this a general question regarding expected consequences in the game?
Ufedhin

Post by Ufedhin »

:lol: Yes maybe some like Valen.my dwarf does not! for reasons we both know.You must undestand not all characters are sweet natured and forgiving.
Just as an example: when after Valen still refused to be responsible for his actions and was roll played into a situation where he could not run away you then logged him off.
This is not exactly an ability of your character so its ooc play,the way my character played this example was that you hid somehow,my dwarf would still see Valen's guts hanging out :D but obeys the laws of the towns and states. And quite frankly after that my character will ignore Valens existance unless provoked .

However i can see how this sort of carry on could drive some to just attack you on sight ,i would not consider that ooc but another characters hatred of Valen and his amazing ability to dodge whats owing (an' ingame response to address your ooc play maybe?),what im saying is do you consider your own actions aswell before complaining about others?

I realise your post is not directed at Ufedhin, but i chose to use this chance to show you your own ooc play and how it could be the source of your troubles.

Come an have a beer in Silverbrand :twisted:
Valen Tiercelion

Well, those are some good points minus the gut hanging part :)

It might help to note though that giving the option of run or die is really not giving much at all. After all, I thought we are here to have fun and role-play rather than show off our pointer key maneuvering skills. So when that happens more than a few times, I'll admit I have gotten bored and decided to stop playing. I have tried to run off at least a screen away before doing so though, which I think is reasonable.

It's hard to expect people to stay in game when there are just the options of running around aimlessly while being chased, getting ghosted only to be blinded by an hours long bulls eye, or squatting somewhere in the wilderness talking to a tree. And these are essentially the options when some players decide to ban you in game for whatever they considered to be a misdeed. Thus, the question that remains to be answered is: what to do about in game interferences such that everyone will be able to have the most satisfying and even enjoyable experience possible?
Samantha Stoneridge

Post by Samantha Stoneridge »

Valen Tiercelion wrote: when some players decide to ban you in game for whatever they considered to be a misdeed.

This is a role-playing game. The town has laws, which are posted. When these laws are broken, it has punishments for said violations, which are also posted. It could have been worse, there used to be a jail. Imagine being locked in a cell alone for days or weeks on end. The jail was closed to encourage a bit more RP. Just like in real life, if you do not want to be punished, do not break the laws.
Valen Tiercelion wrote:It's hard to expect people to stay in game when there are just the options of running around aimlessly while being chased, getting ghosted only to be blinded by an hours long bulls eye, or squatting somewhere in the wilderness talking to a tree.

Your char also has the option of collecting the requested resources and having his ban lifted. That is completely in your hands. Just my two copper.
Grokk

Post by Grokk »

It ought to be acknowledged that, in the current state of the game, being banished from Troll's Bane is effectively no different than being locked up in prison. In both cases you are reducing the chance that the player will find roleplay to what might as well be nil. People threw a tantrum over the use of prisons and had them removed from the game; banishments should also be employed with caution for the same reasons that were raised.

I'm not going to pretend that I know anything about the actual IG circumstances surrounding the sentences, but a ban that lasts for a minimum of 2 RL weeks and then continues beyond that point until the fine is paid could be seen as excessive. The ultimate effect of it is to prevent a character from being played for at least half a month. And when they actually do log in, it requires the player to play the character in a particular manner (gathering the resources).

With that said, everything that Samantha wrote above is valid. Characters who are caught breaking the law (or blamed for doing so) need to face consequences.

The problem is that the punishments that are most commonly used are those which punish the player at least as much as they punish the character they play. The sacrifices demanded of the player of the criminal in relation to the penalty will almost always outweigh the losses suffered by the player of the victim. An ideal punishment should affect the character. The character should suffer. It should discourage the character from offending again. But it should absolutely not discourage the player from roleplaying another crime or dampen their desire to play the game.

Before imposing one of the traditional penalties, why not try cooperating with the other PO? It seems fairly clear from his posts that Valen would prefer some alternatives. Why not offer him some?
  • -Have his character walk around with his hands shackled for two weeks.

-Require his character to serve his time within the town guard, directly under the watch and command of one of the soldiers.

-Paint his character red and give the citizens permission to shout abuse at him.

-Make his character act as a serving wench in the tavern, where the patrons will be free to throw food at and pour drink over him.

-Throw his character into the arena, and make him fight for everyone else's amusement.
Those are just a few examples off the top of my head. I'm sure others can think of plenty more. Each of those punishments would arguably have a greater impact upon the character than a short-term banishment would. Most importantly, every single one of them allows the player of the criminal to continue roleplaying while serving the punishment. Not only that, it encourages roleplay amongst the people around him also. The punishments could be scaled alongside the severity of the crime, also. Rather than a perma-ban or KOS order, what about enslaving the character or removing a digit or limb? You could even let the player of the criminal offer some suggestions himself.

Of course, there will still be situations where a more traditional punishment is the only option, such as where the PO refuses to cooperate, or possibly where the character runs away or reoffends, or where the character has simply proved so incapable of abiding by the law that it would make no sense for them to be allowed to remain within the town. But I think the overall game atmosphere would benefit from not having the automatic reaction to a crime be to simply remove the player of the criminal from the roleplay.
S'rrt

Post by S'rrt »

Without touching any of the accusations that have obviously been directed toward myself and my character, I will have everyone know that I've taken a good hard look at how "strict" I am with my guard-roleplay.
Fianna Heneghan

Post by Fianna Heneghan »

I totally agree that the punishment to the character should be carefully considered so that the player doesn't lose motivation to log in. That's not very productive. I think the punishments Grokk suggested are great ideas and would be fun to play. I'm in support.
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

I did not read the whole thing, only the first post.

First of:
Roleplay lives from interruptions. If new characters join what ever situation your characters are in, the thing keeps being interesting. This is the way the whole thing is intended. Else new players couldn't join the the roleplay. This of cause only works if the experienced roleplayers don't just ignore the new ones.

If a player buggers you not with roleplay but with any other engine based action you should react on this as well. By asking him to stop or by knocking him over. That is up to you.

How ever if a player is annoying you without breaking any rules directly: Ask the community managers. They will try to improve the situation.
If the players break the rules: Ask the game masters and watch their fury raining down on your enemy. :wink:

Nitram
Samantha Stoneridge

Post by Samantha Stoneridge »

The Magistrate was simply following the recommended punishments laid out by the Council. She might have worked with Valen, considered some alternatives. But every time she even attempted to speak with him, he would ignore her, run away, and log off. The char has made no attempt to appeal the ruling. Captain Leon let him go after finding him breaking ban for the third time and told him he should seek Samantha out to discuss things. Samantha has received no visits or even doves since then. Also, this was not the char's first time breaking the law, so the punishment was a bit stiffer. He was given time in the pillory for the other crime.

I consider Samantha a fair character, when she's given something to work with. You cannot run from every attempt to have a conversation, log off and then complain about not having any roleplay. In any event, the two dwarven weeks has passed. The character needs only to pay the resources. If there is an issue with that, he can contact Samantha and try to work something out. She has already altered Hew's punishment to suit him a bit better. As long is a request is made (respectfully) Samantha will always consider it.
Oxi

Post by Oxi »

The importance of punishing a character not a player has rightfully been acknowledged. Perhaps it should also be acknowledged that playing a town guard or another official well is not easy, and is certainly not appealing (I should know having spent the past year or more trying to coerce players/victims into such roles); those players shouldn't be punished either through constant criticism. It requires a certain tolerance and dedication to play a character trudging through Bane day in day out. Sometimes it is infuriating not to get to roleplay somesignificant event in your characters life because they are needed as guard/other official but providing some structure around which other characters can function is crucial. Can you really have exciting criminals / trouble makers without that backbone?

The players that have been involved in governing Troll's Bane recently gave considerable thought to moving away from imprisonment and permanent bans. We were all against punishing players, not least because some of us had seen the damage it could do. The punishments such as an hour or two in the pillory having rotten fruit thrown at you were chosen specifically to give roleplay opportunities. As a player with mostly crafter characters I would argue resource collection as well can spawn some great roleplay situations. A short ban during which resources are intended to be collected is hardly excessive for an extensive list of crimes when a character has already spent time in the pillory for previous offences. Sounds lame but take your time to consider how you would play the opposing role.
Kyre

Post by Kyre »

It appears that some are unfamiliar with the creative punishments worked on by the present government of Trolls Bane with the sole objective of everyone NOT to discourage RP and to punish the char not the player and mention outdated ideas of the previous town laws. Just so we are all on the same page am providing the link for the current ones. http://illarion.org/community/forums/vi ... =5&t=36412 @Grokk, more ideas are always welcome Thanks!

However as @Samantha pointed out these are always up for change and interpretation including working with other chars. There are two judges. The "high judge" which can see a "criminal" for more serious crimes or even when requested does nothing BUT creative punishments.

Basically I am inserting this not to address the original post but some remarks mentioned at a later time and to reassure those that try tirelessly to RP a certain character in the town that is easily subject to ridicule and misinterpretation.. i.e. guards and judges .. you all do a great job of remaining in character with your roleplaying and it has been a pleasure for Kyre to have seen you.

PS S'rrt.. that sigh when William made the wall in the hospital was priceless
Hew Keenaxe

Post by Hew Keenaxe »

As the PO of a character that frequently breaks the law and causes general hate and discontent while in town, I feel that I should give my own two coppers....

Other than a recent ghosting that I thought was handled poorly, I have to say that I have thought the treatment Hew has received as a result of his actions has been fair and just.
I truly believe that the PO the characters Hew has harmed or annoyed have reacted in a believable way towards him.
As the PO Hew, I always expect that trouble may be on the way when he enters town, even if Hew doesn't understand this.
As Samantha mentioned, this last sentence he received asked for Hew to gather 1000 leather and 100 branches before his ban can be lifted. Hew asked the judge, IG, to let him gather fur instead of leather do to him not being welcome in any town and would be better off in the woods.(( the real reason? I just hate chasing pigs :wink: )) This request was granted. It is still a hefty fine but as Hew has a long history of causing trouble and breaking bans, entirely fair.

Hew has been ghosted several times do to his actions, and I as the PO expect it to happen from time to time. Hew has even been hunted (probably by being seen on the online list ) near every time I logged him on. While this is probably not how things should be done, I dont really mind. It brings a RP opportunity for me. As far as the last ghosting is concerned, I voiced my complaint and moved on. Shit happens.

Even when playing an objectionable character, try to co-operate with your fellow players. I think you might find that fun RP can be had, even if you are getting your arse kicked for being a bad boy :)
Thargon

Post by Thargon »

I play one of the Town guards and perhaps this was aimed towards me aswell. I've been reading the post and have finally decided to comment.

I think you'll find that the actions of a guard are obviously going to be violent towards a criminal who assaults a guard then runs only to return to the town and not expect to find a guard still in town and yes he will hound you till you leave because that's what guards do, they remove trouble. perhaps you should put yourself in my shoes and me in yours. would you just ignore the criminal and waltz off? I don't think so..

If this ruins your roleplay with a few certain characters well tough bikkies I know I for one gave you many chances to just Rp it out before resorting to engine because of the lack of emotes coming back to me. I find ctrl clicking a rather dull way of sorting things.

Yes it is a game but it also based on real medieval life with some fantasy twists if you do something another person doesn't like such as break law expect consequences. You can't play the villain who commits crime one day and hopes everyone forgets it the next. I think it's great that if you steal from someone you don't instantly get banned from the game you just serve a sentence and continue on.

I also agree that some of the punishments are pretty extreme and take people away from the Rp seeing as this game is small.
though the collection of resources is also a great way to train up your skills and a good excuse to pg them.
Valen Tiercelion

Creative measures sound great, but how about not playing your guard as all seeing and all knowing as well? After all, costumes can get pretty creative too :)

For chasing, why not be more disciplined about setting a limit to how long and far you will chase for? As we know, the game doesn't control for stamina, but that's no reason to go on a keyboard marathon.

Finally this really wasn't directed at anybody in particular, but it would be great if the way the game is played could be improved, and I felt compelled to speak out on behalf of everyone who might have had a more enjoyable experience.
S'rrt

Post by S'rrt »

Right. I think I've just about had enough of this.
Valen Tiercelion wrote:Finally this really wasn't directed at anybody in particular
Yes it was and it was painfully obvious. From the top:
Valen Tiercelion wrote:It is extremely boring to interact with certain people due to the repetitive and shallow nature of their behaviors.
My thoughts exactly. You know what's also boring? Breaking game rules. Also, want to talk about things being repetitive and shallow? It looks like someone wasn't there to see this certain elf repetitively escape situations without any justification at all. Not caring about the offered RP, complaining about the events not catering to your character and cherry-picking whose stuff you go with and whose you ignore isn't shallow at all, is it?
Valen Tiercelion wrote: "Do what I say or be pwned by my uberpged skills which are aha yes higher than yours!" or "Fear and tremble at the thought of the endless hours I spent squinting at little animated blood splashes and clicking desperately at the sight of my falling health bar" are rarely interesting.
Is that how you would talk to a police officer? "You're just telling me to do stuff because you have better chances at winning in a fight, it's because you want to bully!" Actually, I totally think you would just ignore a cop trying to tell you what you have done wrong and what he wants you to do in order to obey the law, and start shouting about oppression and whatnot.
Valen Tiercelion wrote:I have often just walked away and stopped playing for the day.
Thank you for admitting you have broken the game's rules.
Valen Tiercelion wrote:Apparently, this is more common than I thought
Actually no, people running away from situations just because they don't like how it's turning out for their character is quite rare.
Valen Tiercelion wrote: Is there a better way to evade the ego player and resume your roleplaying easily?
You know what? You're interfering with my RP. Mhm. Yes you are. You're making it extremely difficult for me to carry out the exact plans I've laid out for my character, why would you do that? This is my game, what are you trying to do, bring some change to it?
Valen Tiercelion wrote:I play a likable character as many good aligned chars will attest to
How far do you think a Guard Captain is from this "good alignment", hm? I guess you're going to tell me that that's different somehow, that his opinion doesn't matter. Sounds a bit too much like cherry picking opinions again. You really need to ask yourself "Will I be able to deal with the consequences of my character's actions?", the action which in this case is breaking the damn law.

Valen Tiercelion wrote:How does that entitle you the player to be a nuisance in an ooc way?
If you're referring to me pointing out the unnecessity of your emote "Valen turns away from the pathetic scene" then maybe you should take that finger and turn it 180 degrees, to point toward yourself. If you can't see the irony there, perhaps it's not me with the ego. Now that we're on the topic, ignoring others' emotes and logging away from conflicts is hardly being nice or in-character.
Valen Tiercelion wrote:It's hard to expect people to stay in game when there are just the options of running around aimlessly while being chased, getting ghosted only to be blinded by an hours long bulls eye, or squatting somewhere in the wilderness talking to a tree. And these are essentially the options when some players decide to ban you in game for whatever they considered to be a misdeed.
Your character brought it upon himself, there's no one else to blame. This isn't all a single player's evil scheme to oppress and bully Valen. The thing that baffles me is that if your character honestly, truly thought he didn't do anything wrong, he sure didn't try to do a damn thing about it. Captain tried to talk to him? Run away. Magistrate? Run away. Resources? Ignore them. Doesn't that sound like a likable character's way of getting out of the mess they got themselves into? Didn't think so.
Valen Tiercelion wrote: but how about not playing your guard as all seeing and all knowing as well?
This.. This was the last straw for me. Are those your only suggestions for why he gets spotted often? Because I thought it'd make sense that one of the very few defenders of the town would spend a lot of time in the said town, watching over it. No need to be all-seeing to spot the elf among two humans either and there is not a single instance where S'rrt has had "eyes on the back of his head". Not once. Anyone can ask for the log file from myself and Valen and we can confirm that.
Valen Tiercelion wrote:After all, costumes can get pretty creative too?
If you get in your head later to complain about someone recognizing your character despite him wearing a flimsy hood and a different shirt/robe, there's not much anyone can do about that. Asking for other characters to be blind AND deaf for your sake is going a bit too far.
Valen Tiercelion wrote:For chasing, why not be more disciplined about setting a limit to how long and far you will chase for? As we know, the game doesn't control for stamina
"The town's border" is a pretty disciplined limit in my opinion. It would be doing a poor job letting a crook run away while still in your area of authority. Stamina isn't controlled indeed but Captains usually aren't too flimsy when it comes to pursuing people. Another thing; it's funny how you bring up ignoring stamina when your character is the one springing up and going back into action after being revived as a ghost/from a near-fatal injury. Even the most powerful and oldest characters are able to display a bit of modesty, or should I say egolessness, in this field.

Some players can be helped but they have to be able to admit their mistakes first. The game will never get better for you simply because your standards are just too high, they're asking others to lower theirs. Unless you find compromises and actually immerse yourself into the character in order to realize the concept about actions and consequences, this is going to be a very difficult and unsatisfying experience for you.
Grokk

Post by Grokk »

If you ever have an issue with the way another player is interacting with your character, try speaking to them about it.

Chances are, when you feel that another player has done something wrong, they are going to be completely unaware. You are not going to change anything by keeping your problem to yourself. The other player isn't going to suddenly read your mind and realise that they've done something to upset you. The behaviour that is upsetting will just continue, and you will get more angry. Trying to use some sort of IG action to affect them (such as performing one of those ridiculous part-OOC emotes) isn't going to make them take a look at their actions. It is simply going to make them pissed off too. So will bringing a thinly veiled attack against them on the forums.

Let the other player know of the issue you are having, and try to resolve it like reasonable, mature individuals. If you can't, and the problem persists, contact a GM.
Fianna Heneghan

Post by Fianna Heneghan »

The number of people posting their counter-complaints should make the original poster take another look at his play style and see where he can improve himself. Everyone else seems pretty willing to compromise.

That said, the town of Trollsbane has come a long way in terms of punishments for in game crimes and things have gotten a lot better. That doesn't mean there isn't still room for improvement. With so few people playing, a banishment from town isn't just a punishment for the criminal PO, it's a punishment for everyone playing the game.
Kyre

Post by Kyre »

Having been here awhile I can honestly say.. Illarion the game is a great leveler. I have seen posts complaining "every time I get in game I can't find anyone to roleplay with" Yes.. it is not exactly how things "should" work in the game but seems to be how they wind up a lot of the time.

If a player finds their char with less and less roleplay opportunities as time goes on, they MAY want to look at their own roleplay for the problem. If they have no problem finding roleplay when their char is in game..I would say whatever you are doing, go for it as long as it is within the rules of the game. :wink:
Hew Keenaxe

Post by Hew Keenaxe »

Valen, I think you should just let this post die and quit your complaining.
I say this after our last encounter.
Hew caught you sleeping (AFK) so decided to rob you.
Asked for a silver, you said you didnt have one. So Hew put his sword up at your neck and demanded you drop your bag so he could look though it to see what he may want. You respond that you dont have a bag. I examine you and see only two swords hanging from your belt, but then later you drop a fish as an offering. Where did it come from? Then Hew asks for your armor if you dont have anything else. After it is clear you will not comply he hits you a few times, then lets you retreat a step and makes his demands again. You refuse. So Hew resumes the attack. You try to emote that you deflect the blows but them Hew turns you into a bloody mess. So what do you do? OOC ((lagging )) and log off.Hew waits for ten minutes for you to log back on but you dont. What you did was log off to escape. Now here is the thing. Had you just surrendered a coin or something, Hew would of left you in peace. After combat started had you surrendered the same would of happened. Had you pushed it, Hew might of knocked you down and tried to disarm you and take a sword. Had you refused that , only then would you have been sent to Cherga. Try to RP not run. Until you can, quit complaining. The only reason I even RPed holding you up was because I caught you AFK. SO Hew was able to get the jump on you. Had you caught me AFK, I would of allowed you to rob Hew, even though he is stronger. You would of had the jump on him. Its just RP, nothing you cant recover from. You might even have fun.

Also I noticed you logged back in immediately after I logged Hew out.
Valen Tiercelion

You're taking things a bit too personally I think. The game was lagging, and I had just gone to do something else. Really no offense was intended. Sorry you had to wait, but that's the way it goes. If you want a rerun, then come on back again. If not, I'm sure there'll be other chances.

Response to the below: Hew, if you will insist on taking offense then that is unfortunate, but your choice. I have nothing further to say towards that.

Well, Damien, elves should not be too strict or dogmatic I think. Maybe your character Damien is just an old fossil who has in spirit become more dwarf than elf. They say old bones do make for rigid specimens after all. Perhaps it would help if you shook yourself up now and then - I think you can make the stretch.
Last edited by Valen Tiercelion on Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:37 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Hew Keenaxe

Post by Hew Keenaxe »

Your character was moving faster than mine and your text was coming back in a timely fashion. You were not lagging. And what of the bag? The bag I as the PO cannot see but my character plainly can? Stop the excuses.
Thats all for me. I dont really care what you do or say from here on. If any of my characters just pass you by, you know why.
Damien

Post by Damien »

With different characters, i have seen the char Valen been played in different ways. For one, the char seems to provoke every authority it gets in contact with, up to the point of insult. Given that it's an elf, well, that of course ain't too fitting. Perhaps a young halfling or human works better to the image of a troublemaker. The char often appears more funny than silly, but it also happens to appear the other way around. Just from what i've seen.
I've also seen the char attack other chars without much reason and quite surprising. The overall opinion of the people around was : It's a newbie, he'll learn it, and perhaps he just misclicked. Well, that was some time ago.
But still i think that a player who "happens" like that is one who would be the least one complaining about being ctrl-clicked. :lol:

That may sound a bit negative. But i think the player can RP and he might get the whole thing after a while if he just turns down the bored-lawbreaking-stuff or cttrl-clicking.
Sir Gnar

Post by Sir Gnar »

~ Not to beat a dead topic to death but I just wanted to say that only once i think in almost 5 years of playing were any of my chars attacked for absolutely nothing. Even then I was still able to walk away had my char been able to hold his tongue and not talk back at the obviously higher skilled char. I never get attacked IG unless my char decides to be mouthy or tries to get into the pecking order. If your char is mildly friendly you will make 10 friends IG before an enemy. But an 'IG interference' sounds alot like just an interaction that you aren't in complete control of.

On the other hand my main char is usually considered more of a bully type and has been in trouble for confronting other chars that have caused problems to him and been punished OOC for being stronger. But in my opinion if you get got then you got, got. The strong win, and in an ambitious world of warriors and magicians its not alway going to be fair. It should always be fun IG but not always fair. I love the idea of being ambushed by bandits along the road or somehow spontaniously finding myself not in control. Whether my char would get away, just robbed, or even clouded i could enjoy the scene. I used to always bring along another char when i took large mule loads to the orc cave in case of ambush, even though they cant take my mule depot through engine use they can through RP & it just seemed more fun to pretend. I don't really see how its possible or fair to ignore a situation IG because it doesnt favor your char. Somedays your the bird and somedays your the worm.

If it really becomes that big of a problem just let a GM know, they have no problem punishing players whether the complaint is valid or not.
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

Sir Gnar wrote:If it really becomes that big of a problem just let a GM know, they have no problem punishing players whether the complaint is valid or not.
Luckily, we have GM complaint for that.
Sir Gnar

Post by Sir Gnar »

Jupiter wrote:
Sir Gnar wrote:If it really becomes that big of a problem just let a GM know, they have no problem punishing players whether the complaint is valid or not.
Luckily, we have GM complaint for that.

Ouch! Yeah, unfortunately after weeks of complaining & finally getting a couple CM's who actually took the time to review the problem in agreementment with me. I couldnt get the offending GM to respond. So, I finally found the 'report a GM' page but no response was given until I tracked down the receiver of GM complaints in chat and asked why he had not responded to my lengthy emails. He said English isnt really his language so he really couldnt be of help. Glad we have the GM complaint system, its flawless.

Like I said Valen, just report the PO to a German GM, they will ban them with or without reason & are above approach so you are golden. I privately call them "the untouchables".

I love this game, the players, and all the hard work from the staff & developers that go into this to game regardless of fault I have found with the few. I just need to keep it real and call BS on the GM complaint link. It might have done more for me to click my heels rather than that link.
rakust dorenstkzul

Post by rakust dorenstkzul »

Sir Gnar wrote:

I love this game, the players, and all the hard work from the staff & developers that go into this to game regardless of fault I have found with the few. I just need to keep it real and call BS on the GM complaint link. It might have done more for me to click my heels rather than that link.
I once got banned for implying Aegohl was a bad artist.