VBU Q&A Revisited

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

GolfLima

Re: VBU Q&A Revisited

Post by GolfLima »

Danke für die schnelle :lol: , wenn auch niederschmetternde :cry: Antwort.
kitmubet

Post by kitmubet »

where is northen skeleton forest by the way ??

and by all accseible do you mean all depots whereever it is?

and by few day does it mean 5- 7 days? hoping it is seven

i thought to post this to newbie area but i think here will be a better place
Lillian

Post by Lillian »

kitmubet wrote:where is northen skeleton forest by the way ??
Have a look on the map. There you can find the skeleton forest south west of the southern forest. http://illarion.org/general/map_of_gobaith.jpg
kitmubet wrote:and by all accseible do you mean all depots whereever it is?
Yes. Every depot a character could have accessed during his time on Gobaith will be present.
kitmubet wrote:and by few day does it mean 5- 7 days? hoping it is seven
More than seven. Even the main devs have families and celebrate christmas :wink:
GolfLima

Post by GolfLima »

now i´m totally confused.
there is no "northern skelleton wood" to be seen on the map (http://illarion.org/general/map_of_gobaith.jpg)
:arrow: assuming this wood is near the northern wood
Zot

Post by Zot »

Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

I have no idea how the final quests will roll along. But where your character is when we move over to the new maps does not matter. We will move every character, no matter its location on the map to the tutorial island of our new maps. So you don't have to stand next to the depots in order to be transferred. :wink:

----

Ich weis nicht wie die letzten Quests ablaufen werden. Aber wo der Charakter steht wenn wir auf die neuen Karten wechseln ist völlig egal. Wir werden alle Charakter auf die Einleitungsinsel der neuen Karten transportieren, unabhängig davon wo der Charakter auf der alten Karte war. Ihr müsst also nicht neben den Depots stehen um auf die neuen Karten zu kommen.

Nitram
Rhianna Morgan

Post by Rhianna Morgan »

Wahrscheinlich dämliche Frage, aber ich muss sie leider trotzdem stellen: Ich bin an den Ort gegangen der in den oberen Karten eingezeichnet war, kann aber keine Depots finden? Kommen die noch oder bin ich blind? xD
Zot

Post by Zot »

Da steht ein Telporter der euch zu den Depots lässt, sobald wir euch Zugang dazu gewähren.
nathi

Post by nathi »

Rhianna Morgan wrote:Wahrscheinlich dämliche Frage, aber ich muss sie leider trotzdem stellen: Ich bin an den Ort gegangen der in den oberen Karten eingezeichnet war, kann aber keine Depots finden? Kommen die noch oder bin ich blind? xD
An Nordmarkern prallt Magie eben ab, selbst schuld ;-P
Rhianna Morgan

Post by Rhianna Morgan »

Pfff... wir habens all die Jahre sehr gut ohne hingekriegt, und ich sags dir... wenn die Welt untergeht, dann ist es die Schuld von diesen ganzen drecks Spitzohren und Stabschwingern! ^^

Scherz beiseite, Blindheit oder Blödheit bzw Schlechtinformiertheit meinerseits?
nathi

Post by nathi »

Ich tippe auf Blindheit ;-) :
Zot wrote:Da steht ein Telporter der euch zu den Depots lässt, sobald wir euch Zugang dazu gewähren.
Rhianna Morgan

Post by Rhianna Morgan »

Alles klar ^^ sry, war es also die Blindheit :D
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

Bags within bags will be empty when your character is transferred with the VBU so don't store any items in bags that are in your character's inventory.
pharse

Post by pharse »

Achae Eanstray wrote:Bags within bags will be empty when your character is transferred with the VBU so don't store any items in bags that are in your character's inventory.
Zu deutsch: Aus technischen Gründen werden alle Items in einer Tasche, die sich in mindestens einer weiteren Tasche befindet, gelöscht. Also Taschen in Taschen werden nach dem Update leer sein! Ihr solltet daher alle Taschen aus anderen Taschen entfernen und auf die "oberste" Ebene legen.
Elan Ravenwing

Post by Elan Ravenwing »

I fully and wholeheartedly agree with Flux. If absense of magic ruins your character's ability to defend themselves, perhaps investing time into making friends was more important than training spells. We reap what we sow.
Ezor Edwickton

Post by Ezor Edwickton »

...So...No more Gobiath then?
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

Ezor Edwickton wrote:...So...No more Gobiath then?
No more arguement if Gobiath or Gobaith.. how many actually still pronounce it Gobiath? :D

For your information and related to the VBU, item loss on ghosting is to be changed...item loss upon death won't happen with the new/updated game. Until then, be cautious as usual especially if your char is already carrying the items you wish to take to the VBU. Remember you can access your depot before going, so continue to enjoy the quests saving important items in your depot for a just in case..and have fun!
Ezor Edwickton

Post by Ezor Edwickton »

No, I mean will there be no more Gobiath/Gobaith after the VBU? No more Trollsbane? All relevant rich history? Sounds like we are all going to be on the mainland. Is there permanent?
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

Yes.. we are all going to be on the mainland. So... when a char disappears it may have to indicate either a different part of the mainland or visiting an island.

Further discussion of the VBU and the mainland is here: http://illarion.org/community/forums/vi ... 91#p664991
Ayumi

Post by Ayumi »

Newbie question (literally): With Illarion being in the process of transfer into the new version and essentially everything is sentered around leaving Gobiath, is it worth creating a new character?

I can see two main reasons to wait the week or two until VBU truly hits:
1) There really is nothing to do on the island right now. After all, the cities are all kaput.
2) I would miss out on the opportunity to use the brand new shiny VBU character creation system. Which sounds worthwhile.

Oh, and also, what times are usually peak hours? I understand that the player base on this game is exceptioanlly small, but surely there are more than 2 online at a time eventually.
Banduk

Post by Banduk »

Ayumi wrote: Oh, and also, what times are usually peak hours? I understand that the player base on this game is exceptioanlly small, but surely there are more than 2 online at a time eventually.
see http://illarion.org/statistics/en_histo ... layers.php
Zot

Post by Zot »

I wouldn't bother making a new char before the release of the VBU. The server will be down from 12.27.2012 until the first/second january.
Djironnyma

Post by Djironnyma »

There are normally more players from germany online. the "problem" is that the most chars of active german players already left the island in reason of doom ;)
Hew Keenaxe

Post by Hew Keenaxe »

Check the online logs, most are english.
Qeewee

Post by Qeewee »

That's in the middle of the night for germans though, then there are usually many americans online, and few germans.
Ayumi

Post by Ayumi »

Thank you all for the helpful replies, looks like I'll just hold off until next month.
Ezor Edwickton

Post by Ezor Edwickton »

New screens are up on the main page! They look great!

Please don't tell me we've regressed as far as actually quantifying our skills...
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

Ezor Edwickton wrote:Please don't tell me we've regressed as far as actually quantifying our skills...
Let's face facts: what is the difference between showing numbers and some strange colours? Right. You don't have to use paint anymore to get your actual skill.
Anon of D'Athen

Post by Anon of D'Athen »

Is there any out of game version/summary of the big events that led up to the VBU?
I've been getting bits and pieces of the happenings, but have generally been unable to get ig to participate and learn what was going on.
PurpleMonkeys

Post by PurpleMonkeys »

Gods go Grr. Gobaith goes Boom.
Summarized.