Illarion in 3D!!!

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Kranek

Illarion in 3D!!!

Post by Kranek »

Jau, richtig gelesen!
Ich arbeite an einer Version von Illarion in 3D!

Wie? Ganz easy: MineCraft 8)

Ich baue die komplette Insel nach. Da ich bisher mit Screenshots etc. arbeiten musste, kam ich nur sehr langsam voran...aber das wird sich ändern ;)

Hier mal erste Fotos:
https://plus.google.com/photos/10725609 ... 3044793729

Ich werde euch hier auch über den Fortschritt auf dem laufenden halten.
Außerdem nutze ich diesen Thread zur Selbstmotivation ;)

Warum ich das mache?
Weils mir Spaß macht ;)
Außerdem habe ich nicht immer Zeit für ne gute Runde Illarion...wegen 15 Minuten logge ich mich nich ein. Das langt weder zum skillen noch zum rollenspielen...aber n Haus oder 2 krieg ich in der Zeit gebaut ;)

Wenn mir jemand helfen will, einfach melden. Ich werde jetzt erstmal die Küstenlinie nachbauen, dann hat man Anhaltpunkte für die Siedlungen etc. Und dann kann man ja wunderbarerweise nen Server mieten ;)

~Vicke~
Flux

Re: Illarion in 3D!!!

Post by Flux »

It would be much easier to write a script that converts illa mapdata to minecraft data.

Illa map data has tiles data, and item data. Let's call the floor number n, for which the ground (the overworld/oberwelt) floor has n==0.

First you'd make a Minecraft map file which would be pure ground from the 0th floor down, empty up from there.

You'd dlmread (or stream in .NET or whatever you use) in the tiles.txt for the nth floor. With this you'd set the (x,y,3n)th elevation coordinate minecraft blocks to whatever tile that is. So a grass tile would equate to a grass minecraft tile etc.

For water it'd be more difficult to distinguish between a river and the ocean. You could do that by examining nearby tiles but you'd likely make lakes into bottomless water pits. However, for the most part I think it'd be easier just to make it so if it reads water, it'd set water all the way down to the bedrock.

Then you'd read in the items.txt from the nth floor files, and depending on the item it read in it would yield different results. For instance, say you're reading any object 30, 31, 32 or 33, you'd want this to create a standard brick wall. Therefore for these object ids, you'd set it to write the (x,y,3n+1)st and (x,y,3n+2)nd coordinate floors to walls. Say it was object 321, you'd spawn a chest at (x,y,3n+1). say it was 724/725, you'd set (x,y,3n+1) to a crafting table.

Then you'd iterate through, repeating for e.g. the (n+1st) floor.

So, for example, if you started at n=0, you'd be settings the tiles (x,y,0) to the floor, then (x,y,1) for small objects and (x,y,1)&(x,y,2) for large objects, then the first floor the tiles would be (x,y,3) and its objects would be (x,y,4) and (x,y,5).

You'd also have to write something such that if two items occupy the same space it would stick the second one on top of the first one, rather than overwriting it.

I'm not familiar with how minecraft processes map data, but I believe it's raw editable in the same way that illa's map data is from text files, so it would probably be about 4/5 hours' work tops to write a script to fully convert illa map data to minecraft data.

I'm busy making my android game right now (Press release), but if I'm bored and find some spare time in the coming week I'd be happy to write a script for it. Sounds fun. The only issue is whether that's a problem with the illa team, because obviously.. it is their map data. It's not in my place to go converting it to Minecraft data if they don't want that. But if they're cool with it I'm happy to do it.
rakust dorenstkzul

Post by rakust dorenstkzul »

It's very nice, i built the library in Dwarf Fort. I'll upload a screenshot when i get the chance.
Kranek

Post by Kranek »

Flux: Creating a script could really help. It could take the informations about the groundtiles and set them as the 0-levelblocks of the minecraft map. from that base i should have no problems to create the buildings etc.

The rivers etc. should be 1 block deep for the beginning, sometimes there are caves below the rivers, so you can not make it water til you hit bedrock...

i hate my lousy english -.-
Qeewee

Post by Qeewee »

You are using bukkit for different useful plugins right? I don't think this project will work out well otherwise , seeing how many griefers are about. :P
Kranek

Post by Kranek »

Right now its Singleplayer ;)

If i start to get it on an online-server, i will use bukkit, of course
Qeewee

Post by Qeewee »

If the script thing Rose spoke about doesn't work out, or until then if you keep working on the project before getting any answers on that, mods like the voxel box or world edit plugins makes world editing a lot easier. Just in case you aren't using it.
*goes back to reading all the other new things on the forum*
Flux

Post by Flux »

I'll get around to it eventually. I'll probably do it in matlab actually considering it has an awesome dlmreader. Bit busy polishing my guis right now though.
Damien

Post by Damien »

...multiplayer that one !
I might get minecraft when you do that.

Perhaps it gets even better with that stuff:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zcm8xD0MRIM
:lol: