Downtime / Abwesenheit

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Applesauce

Re: Downtime / Abwesenheit

Post by Applesauce »

This sounds like a polite divorce to me.
Samantha Stoneridge

Post by Samantha Stoneridge »

:lol: More like an amicable trial separation. It always is with Illa... I always return, rejuvenated, full of hope, and ready to make things work this time.
Azure Lynch
Galmair

Post by Azure Lynch »

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo<takes deep breath>nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

OK good luck have fun. Does this mean the forums took or just ig?
S'rrt

Post by S'rrt »

Going home to Finland for a couple of weeks on the 18th to spend Christmas with family. Probably won't be able to play until January.

If I don't make another post before then:

Teflon

Post by Teflon »

Similar situation here! I am not playing Illarion until January. Will check pms and forum from time to time though. Take care!
Kamilar

Post by Kamilar »

Away for a couple of days. Back by New Year's.
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

Won't be around much from Jan.2nd to Jan.9th. May be able to check forum occasionally. Not sure how much time I will have to play.
Annabeth

Post by Annabeth »

Responding badly to some new meds. Will try to be there on time for certain quests but otherwise I'm dead for the next few days.
Fooser

Post by Fooser »

Coming back over the summer was probably a mistake, so I am going back into previously scheduled retirement, maybe some of the pointless drama will be over now
Mephistopheles

Post by Mephistopheles »

Kyre

Post by Kyre »

Kyre won't be around for a couple of days, am pretty busy, hopefully later in the week.
S'rrt

Post by S'rrt »

I'm sure some of you have seen my topic "IRL and lack of presence in game world" so this post was bound to be made. I haven't decided on the IG reason for S'rrt's low activity yet. I just don't know about a lot of this, you guys, but I'm trying my best.
Annabeth

Post by Annabeth »

Block of text for the specially interested, TL;DR summary at the bottom.

Related to the current discussion going on in the general forums, and maybe a bit overdue but I first now seeing peoples viewpoints realized a need for this.
Right now I'm not of the physical or mental(due to my long endured sickness I have no motivation to exert myself right now, despite having recovered to a degree physically.) state to play a faction politician like Annabeth.
I will do my best as I have to do a monthly event, and attend anything I deem important (Mas, high court) for such a character not to miss.

As I do not know for how long I will remain like this before I recover fully, I would have my character step down from her position were there suitable candidates. However with the low population in Cadomyr, the queen GM has not even been able to find a suitable third noble (Like the plan was for there to be). So I figure one semi-AFK faction lead character is better than just one fully operational one in total. Think of it as having 1.5 player leaders in Cadomyr for the now I guess? Although with my absence I will also be out of the loop for the most part, so Ssar'ney and the queen will obviously have the heavy say in things despite Annabeths position.
Just to be safe though, I had Annabeth announce two people of her house that can act in her stead.

I will still answer to PMs. And otherwise I just pray Ssar'ney keeps up the good work in keeping Cadomyr active as a noble on his own (Your effort is not ignored by me just because my character hates your characters guts, Q-wert! :D)
And maybe Cadomyr will soon be populated enough that another long term player that the queen GM deems suitable for the third noble role comes along?

Either way, I will be back and recovered sooner or later. Should the situation change appropriately before then and two new candidates for enoblement in Cadomyr come along, I will of course have my character step down from her role. (Though it would be a shame to waste the graphics of the desert fox banner, so I hope whomever one day replaces Anna when that time comes ends up taking over her house instead of making a new one :P )

Feel free to PM me if anyone has any inquiries about my semi absence from the game that I did not answer here, or any confusion about what I wrote here as while I pride myself in my English, it is not my first language so communication errors happen. I also assume Silverwing agrees with my viewpoint here, and I do intend to meet at least the in game requirement of the monthly event that was announced a while back, but if he would prefer to just have one faction lead character.. Well.

TL;DR:
Gonna be away until I feel better and motivated. Anna can still be reached by PM or on court day.
Rincewind

Post by Rincewind »

I'm away for more or less 7 days.
Annabeth

Post by Annabeth »

Too early to say for sure but from the looks of it I am getting better.
May just be having a few good days though.
If I suddenly go inactive, see the above downtime message I guess?
rakust dorenstkzul

Post by rakust dorenstkzul »

Should probs make it official here.

My interest in Illa has waned for the time being. I'll be back before long however, I always am.
Kugar

Post by Kugar »

Gone fishin'.
S'rrt

Post by S'rrt »

Visiting Finland for a short time, might log in occasionally but will be mostly busy.
Alyssa El'anir

Post by Alyssa El'anir »

This is my farewell. I won't go into depths about why I'm leaving the game, and hell, too few of you would even care.
To those of you who do care, you know who you are, and I will miss you despite my decision to leave.
And no Rakust, this is not a "bye Galim" I'm afraid. My characters and I really are leaving. http://i.imgur.com/sqZA8dX.jpg
Though yes, you are one of the people I will miss.

Either way.
The player of: Annabeth, Arya Isilra, Kira Lathai, Rievira and Ka'siik signing off for good.

I hope anyone who reads this can have as many years of fun with this game as I've had these past eight years.
Farewell.
GolfLima

Post by GolfLima »

by Alyssa ... we will miss you ...
Athlon

Post by Athlon »

Ich schließe mich Jerem an
es war eine schöne Zeit und vielen Dank das du dich immer bemüht hast auch Deutsch zu verstehen und zu reden .
Caldarion

Post by Caldarion »

Sucks for the game I guess.

Your chars sure were a benefit for the game.
Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

Have been sick for quite some time now. Therefore my recent absence. I hope that I'll be better soon, though.
Sammy Goldlieb

Post by Sammy Goldlieb »

Many have noticed, I have nearly no time for illa at the Moment. But be back asap
Q-wert

Post by Q-wert »

I'll be visiting old friends of mine from the 5th to 28th of May.
Dagbladden
Location: Direkt hinter dir, den Stift in der Hand / Staight behind you, pen in hand

Post by Dagbladden »

Probably no Internet with suficcient speed for the next 4 weeks.
So far no newspaper as well.
Katharina Brightrim
Cadomyr

Post by Katharina Brightrim »

Away from 17.6. to 23.6.
Samantha Stoneridge

Post by Samantha Stoneridge »

Working from home on the weekends to offset the 12+ extra hours I'm working at the second job, and therefore need to make up at the full time job for a couple weeks. When I do have the time, I don't have the energy to get IG. Things might calm down next month.
Kugar

Post by Kugar »

Too busy with work etc to log in. I don't have a timescale of when I'll be back, but maybe if something that interests me happens I'll pop on.
Mephistopheles

Post by Mephistopheles »

Until the abuse and nonsensical crap dies down, I'm taking a break.