Something on the tree planting again.

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Golwenor

Something on the tree planting again.

Post by Golwenor »

I'm really sorry that I have to make this topic, but the thunderstorm here did not allow me to post, before the old topic was locked.

Could you now, that it seems all is done about the treess, disable their natural death along with the digging out aswell, if somone was grieving with planting all those trees, I guess he could now go in the opposit way and simply cut and dig out the roots.
Furthermore I think this empty eyesore, what is mainly the plain just south of the trollsbane mine, could really need some trees.
Estralis Seborian

Re: Something on the tree planting again.

Post by Estralis Seborian »

Digging out roots and dying trees will be deactivated with the VBU.
Golwenor

Post by Golwenor »

Yes , but untill then you gm's had alot more useless works on your hands , or his the VBU just about to come, like in two weeks?
Athian

Post by Athian »

Question could have been answered by reading the the former topic rather then making a new one. Keep in mind you can always send a PM to the staff instead to ask questions if you find them pressing.
Respen

Post by Respen »

I also wanted to make a comment on the topic of the most recent news post.

I can certainly understand disabling a game feature because it is easily abusable. However, I do not necessarily agree with removing such a feature entirely because there are players who will abuse the feature within the community. I know that the community for this game is rather small, but I would imagine that removing the problem players from the community and game would solve many more problems than those presented by one potentially abusable feature. This community and game does have rules which abusing such a feature would break. Not enforcing what rules you have will end up causing more problems in the end for the community than removing potential spots for abuse within the game (which is also important).

I would much rather it be said that such a feature is being temporarily disabled until it can be fixed so that it is no longer as abusable. Whether such a fix will take a while does not matter as much as the fact that it will eventually be worked on.

That said, I rather liked the idea behind planting new trees in addition to being able to cut them down. Since it was mentioned that the VBU would not have plantable trees, I was wondering if relatively minor map modifications like the recently removed tree planting would also no longer exist.

One of the very interesting aspects of this game is the feature that players can play a great role in changing the in-game map. I find it worrying that some parts of this feature are being removed completely instead of reworked.
rakust dorenstkzul

Post by rakust dorenstkzul »

Respen wrote: but I would imagine that removing the problem players from the community and game would solve many more problems than those presented by one potentially abusable feature.