Change Skeletal Forest back?

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Kyre

Change Skeletal Forest back?

Post by Kyre »

Is there some pressing reason why a swarm of skeletons are added to the demons at the skeletal forest? Having tested it for awhile and comparing with when they were not there, I prefer the skeletons not be there.

I think the swarm: 1. reduces any chance for roleplay if meeting someone there, it being almost impossible to do much besides avoid the skeletons. 2. reduces the "usual" places to go and train even when NOT meeting someone.
Athian

Re: Change Skeletal Forest back?

Post by Athian »

Most simple reason is probably the sleep-farming. The reds area is the sort of place where you could literally just half pay attention and you'd be fine, there was minimal challenge but high reward. I'm guessing the additions were a way to up the difficulty and make the area more...skeleton forestie, two little reds is kind of light in a haunted forest. I do agree that there might monsters in that area, they are less dangerous and more mobile obstructions.
Kyre

Post by Kyre »

Perhaps add a couple more reds, a beholder or two, take away some of the rewards however to make that many skeletons and mummies, number alone is difficult for a mage char, or at least this one.
Velisai

Post by Velisai »

I like it very much the way it is now and even had a little RP between waves of skeletons there. Beholders however, aside from being prime candidates for the most boring and annoying monsters in the game, don't fit into the place at all.
Alexander Knight

Post by Alexander Knight »

I agree with Vel. I loved the non stop action and the "battle" RP.
Kyre

Post by Kyre »

Isn't it too much now like the skeletal forest above it?
Athian

Post by Athian »

Its kind of is really except for the whole "field trigger" thing. I wouldn't have minded more reds as opposed to a dozen weaker things.
Alexander Knight

I guess but then 1 fighter and 1 mage can clear it in seconds. Where as currently the mage cannot cast a spell unless far away.
Athian

Post by Athian »

Alexander Knight wrote: Where as currently the mage cannot cast a spell unless far away.
If you mean the skeletal mage that incorrect. No changes have been made to any monsters. If he's not casting then its either luck or because there is an obstacle in his way.
Uhuru

Post by Uhuru »

My preference would be to remove all the stuff that has been added (whites and mummies), add two more red warriors and a male drow warrior to lead them all.
PurpleMonkeys

Post by PurpleMonkeys »

Athian wrote:
Alexander Knight wrote: Where as currently the mage cannot cast a spell unless far away.
If you mean the skeletal mage that incorrect. No changes have been made to any monsters. If he's not casting then its either luck or because there is an obstacle in his way.
Pretty sure he means a player mage has a hard time of it.
Alexander Knight

Mhm!
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

The red ones need their minions. Its only natural. :wink:
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

Wrong board.
Morbius

Post by Morbius »

I do think that area of the skeletal woods was due for an update, and I like the idea of all the new and shiny rp opportunities it gives. As far as stopping sleep-farming... adding a few skeletal demon mages and demon skeletons would have kept it manageable for mages, but still presented the necessary challenge to stop sleep-farming. At least that’s what I think.

Actually...there’s a room with something like that in the desert dungeon I think, with lots or reds that is. Not the HUGE room past the wraiths either. Another one somewhere... go have a look! :D
Zot

Post by Zot »

Hi,

since i was the one who added this spawns i'll wirte a few sentence about this topic.

I think i added them during mas, don't remember exactly anymore though.

However I though the new monsters would add a little bit more fun in this forest, cause i saw many mages/fighters staying there waiting for the respawn of the red skeletons, which is actually boring.

In total there are 9 skeletons and 5 mummies, with a spawnrange of 20x20 tiles (which is quite a huge area) and a rather long respawntime of 3-5 min, or something like that.

As for the proposal to add other monsters, I didn't add other red skeletons because they are quite strong and there are sometimes people who lurk them into the citys, which isn't a nice welcome for a newbie.

And of course there are already other places where you can find red skeletons (drow cave, graveyard, demon land (or what ever you call it)).

Peace,
Zot

P.S. The spawns will be changed with the VBU anyway.