Profile Ratings.

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Robert_Thwaite

Re: Profile Ratings.

Post by Robert_Thwaite »

Looking for more feedback if anyone has anything to say...
Grokk

Post by Grokk »

How does a profile rating system improve Illarion?
Robert_Thwaite

Post by Robert_Thwaite »

I never said it would improve the game nor would it break the game.
All i am saying is that some people have concerns about the current profile rating system and we are willing to change it but seeing as it is a community site and something aimed at the players they should be given the opportunity to give their thoughts.
Kyre

Post by Kyre »

I don't believe the rating of profiles has much effect on the over-all quality of them since people have posted they vote with different objectives in mind. A system of a simple "like" without anything negative would suffice to let people know if their efforts are acknowledged with the profiles, a small number may mean there is room for improvement.
Miriam

Post by Miriam »

If people take their time to read and evaluate a profile, they'd also take time to give more than one vote.
-> If where were more options to rate, than the thoughts of the profile rate could be expressed better, and the profile owner can see it on the profile and knows what he could improve.

Suggestion:
By adding some more details to the profile (by using rating system).
So the one rating the profile can tick sentences like:
(positiv feedback)
- I'd like to meet your char ingame
- Nice background stoy/descrption/picture
- ect.
(improvement sugeestions)
- Maybe you should write more about you char's background stoy/descrption/oicture
- I thing I've read this somewhere before ... Deja vu?
-ect.

The range would go from 0 to 1. Instead from 1 to 10.
If profile raters choose one of those answers, the answers will be summed up.

Do you think making the rating more detaild could improve profile rating?
Quinasa

Post by Quinasa »

Miriam wrote:If people take their time to read and evaluate a profile, they'd also take time to give more than one vote.
Here's where most people fail. A lot of people don't even READ the profile. They will look at the available image, if there is one, and give the profile a rating based on the image or even on whether or not they themselves like the character or player.

I vote to have the rating system (not the profile pages) taken away permanently. I don't think profile rating benefits Illarion in any way, and if people want to take the time to read a character's profile then they're going to do it, with or without a rating system. I understand that many people put a LOT of effort into their character profiles, and that's fantastic. But we should be putting in that effort to get our characters' stories out there and generate interest in them, NOT as a popularity contest.
Skamato

Post by Skamato »

Miriam wrote:If people take their time to read and evaluate a profile, they'd also take time to give more than one vote.
-> If where were more options to rate, than the thoughts of the profile rate could be expressed better, and the profile owner can see it on the profile and knows what he could improve.
/sign

I like this idea to have mor options!

Vote the pictures
Vote the story

Also some idea....
A german char have only a german story, a english player can't vote for him....

And some better rate sys...
We test ist.... give a new char 4-5 10 points.... then there came ONE person who give them profil 0 points....
And then the person have only 4-5 points????
I can't belive it....

Some little ideas from me :-)

Skamato
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

Velisai wrote:
Grokk wrote:Remove it. That'll solve the issues.
QFT
QFT²
Lord Arcia

Post by Lord Arcia »

Whoever wrote Cedric Demelii's history...It is awesome. While not the most detailed history, it is fluid and very dynamic. Not too much filler. Nothing but cold, wet flesh. Alive and refreshing.

I love it.