Translation Assistance Needed

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Robert_Thwaite

Translation Assistance Needed

Post by Robert_Thwaite »

Hello all,
During the time i have been assisting Vilarion with the website there have been a number of changes made and i am looking for somebody to assist me with English - German translation.

I have opted not to use Google Translate as it is rubbish in my opinion.

If anybody is willing to assist please let me know

Thanks
1d20

Re: Translation Assistance Needed

Post by 1d20 »

Just makin' sure, you want to translate from English to German, correct?
Vilarion
Developer

Post by Vilarion »

Correct :D
Miriam

Post by Miriam »

I have some questions:
What kind of text should be translated? Is it difficult to understand?
Is there a lot of text to translate into German?
Is there a deadline?
Robert_Thwaite

Post by Robert_Thwaite »

Hiya,

Estralis has kindly offered to assist me in the translation but if anybody would like to see the General FAQ that is currently in progress they can see it at http://www.grumpy-old-dudes.net

As i said it is a work in progress and one of many to come so any input would be appreciated
Miriam

Post by Miriam »

What are the system requirements for Illarion?
Was sind die Systemanforderungen für Illarion?

Operating system: Windows XP/Vista/7, Linux, MacOS Graphics card: 16MB memory, driver with openGL support CPU: 500 MHz and better A Java 1.5 runtime environment or higher (preferably 1.6 as 1.7 is not officially supported yet) Windows Vista does not support the free graphics standard openGL by default. Therefore Illarion will not run with the graphics drivers included with Vista. With a better graphics driver from your graphics card manufacturer including openGL support, everything should work.
Betriebssystem: Windows XP/Vista/7, Linux, MacOS Grafikkarte: 16MB Speicher, Treiber mit openGL-Unterstützung CPU: 500 Mhz und besser ein Java 1.5 runtime environment oder höher (bevorzugt 1.6 da 1.7 noch nicht offiziell unterstützt wird) Windows Vista unterschtützt den freien Grafikstandart openGL in seiner Standarteinstellung nicht. Daher läuft Illarion nicht mit Grafiktreibern die in Vista vorinstalliert sind. Mit besseren Grafikteibern deiner Grafikkarte vom Hersteller, die auch openGL unterstützen sollte alles laufen.

Where can I download the game?
Wo kann ich das Spiel runterladen?

On the Download page of the website. It will then download and install Illarion. You will be prompted to choose a directory to store your character relevant data. It would be advised to store them in a folder you can easily find afterwards.
Auf der Downloadseite der Webseite. Dort kannst du Illarion herunterladen und installieren. Du wirst gebeten ein Verzeichnis zu wählen, wo deine Charakterdaten gespeichert werden. Es ist ratsam sie dort zu speichern, wo du sie gut wiederfinden kannst.

Why does downloading take so long?
Warum dauert das downloaden so lange?

The client is 35MB. With a slow connection, this might take a while to download. From time to time, the installation stalls for a while but please be patient, the download will continue automatically. Use the time and read the forums and other FAQs
Der Client ist 35 MB groß. Mit einer schlechten Internetverbindung kann dies einige Zeit in Anspruch nehmen. Ab und zu kann die Installation anhalten, bitte habe Geduld, der Download wird aurtomatisch fortgesetzt. Nutze diese Zeit und lese im Forum oder andere FAQs.

Why isn't the game starting?
Warum startet das Spiel nicht?

If the game is installed and launched correctly but fails to start please check the Support Forums for any known issues
Wenn das Spiel installiert und korrekt gestartet wird, aber nicht startet, besuche bitte das Support Forum um nach bekannten Problemen zu suchen.

How do I log into the game?
Wie logge ich mich ein?

Once you have created your character Here you need to log onto the client with the relevant characters name that you want to play (Names are case sensitive) and your account password
Nachdem du hier einen Charakter erstellt hast, musst du im Client den Namen (Bitte achte auf Groß-/Kleinschreibung) des Charakters, den du spielen willst und dein Password angeben.
I tried translating the first part. I didn't spellchek it, maybe someone else can help me doing so, please?
Or I try doing an other time, whem i'm feeling no so tiered. . . xD
And I don't know the german expression for 'case sensitive'. I know what it means...
Haben wir ein Wort dafür auf Deutsch? Mit fällt nix ein. ^-^"
Last edited by Miriam on Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Velisai

Post by Velisai »

Wörtlich lässt sich 'case sensitive' nicht übersetzen. So oder so ähnlich kenne ich den Hinweis: (Bitte Groß-/Kleinschreibung beachten.)
Miriam

Post by Miriam »

Danke für den Tipp! Ich bau es dann so ein. :)