Blogger, interactive version!

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Po Will

Blogger, interactive version!

Post by Po Will »

Hey Illarionites,
Anyone of you, who have a blog can help us by publish article’s about Illarion (we would write them for you so it would mean nearly no work!). All you need is a not total dead Blog with some readers.
The first article would be about Illarion as development project. Later articles would be about the VBU/ Illarion as Game.

Just write us a PM if you would help Illarion with publishing articles on your blog

thanks, dji

~~~~

Hallo Illarionspieler,
all jene unter euch, die ein Blog schreiben, können Illarion mit der Veröffentlichung von Artikeln helfen (da wir sie schreiben würden bedeutet dies fast keinen Aufwand). Alles was ihr braucht ist ein mehr oder minder aktives Blog mir ein paar Lesern.
Der erste Artikel würde sich um Illarion als Spiel-Entwickler Projekt drehen. Spätere Artikel würden dann Illarion als Spiel bzw. das VBU thematisieren.

Schreibt einfach einem von uns eine PM wenn ihr Illarion mit der Veröffentlichung von Artikeln helfen würdet.

Danke, dji
Anyone interested? :)
Po Will

Re: Blogger, interactive verison!

Post by Po Will »

Estralis Seborian wrote:Dear all,
I compiled a little diagram that shows you why promotion is vital for a game like Illarion. It shows the number of registered account in a week over time in green and the number of abandoned characters over time in red. Registered accounts are all active accounts that are not banned and not an obvious bot. Abandoned characters are all characters that logged in for the last time during the week in question, are neither banned nor got deleted. Note that an abandoned character may belong to a player who is still active and that a player can have several characters.

What you can see: The number of registered accounts each week goes down and down. We had a enormous peak in summer 2006 that correspondes with the drop of the application system. The next one who asks to reintroduce said application system should print out this diagram and slap himself with it ;-). After this big peak, until the begin of development of the VBU in summer 2009, we had a fair number of 100-150 new accounts each week. Meanwhile, the number of registrations goes down each day. We are down to less than 40 new players each week. This has nothing to do with any ingame event or similar, people simply don't join Illarion anymore due to whatever reason. Parallel to the number of new accounts you see the number of abandoned characters that seem to correlate with each other. There is always a peak in abandoned characters shortly after a peak in registered accounts. This can be interpreted as players that check out the game and leave immediatly. However, the ratio between registered accounts and abandoned characters got worse and worse; less people join and the number of people leaving (=abandon their characters) stays rather constant. People always leave a game like Illarion, but these days, too few join to keep the balance. While the developers work on the red curve - improving Illarion in a way that more people stay - the promoters have to work on the green curve.

Make more people join! Only when both aspects are dealt with we can turn the tide!

As we can clearly see, we need help with pulling the characters and players IG.

If you run a wee blog, and feel kind enough to give us a wee bit of publicity, that'd be ruddy fantastic.
Go on...
You know ya wanna.. :mrgreen:
The Returner

Post by The Returner »

Hey, Hey Will, Hey.

Version, bro. Version. :P

I've been considering making my blog live again.....
Quinasa

Re: Blogger, interactive version!

Post by Quinasa »

Indeed. I have a blog. I've mentioned Illarion there a few times before, so I'd definitely be willing to post about it again. And again and again. :D
Leon Demelii

Post by Leon Demelii »

I say, get me a Illarion car bumper sticker and a giant banner-flag and I'll do the rest.

Just a suggestion. :mrgreen:
Anne Roy

Post by Anne Roy »

Leon Demelii wrote:I say, get me a Illarion car bumper sticker and a giant banner-flag and I'll do the rest.

Just a suggestion. :mrgreen:
I agree. But I want a t-shirt too!
Po Will

Post by Po Will »

The Returner wrote:Hey, Hey Will, Hey.

Version, bro. Version. :P

I've been considering making my blog live again.....

Hey, no correcting the insomniac guy at 36 hours :P

Now, if only we had monies to actually make these things Po Le :lol:

Seriously though, if anyone wants to preach the goodness of the Illa fai..game, and you want to show examples of whats-what. We're trying to get screen shots, banners and whatever else you ask for.
So yeah, start el blog again, and we can helps y'all out :)
Leon Demelii

Post by Leon Demelii »

Give me the donation address. I'll help out lmao :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I can send some sweet screenshots if you all want. Actually, I'll help with whatever I can. Let me know!
Po Will

Post by Po Will »

Any screen shots anyone feels shows the game in a good light, is always a screen shot we want :twisted:
Honestly, if you have 'em we wants 'em :)
Po Will

Post by Po Will »

Leon Demelii wrote:Give me the donation address. I'll help out lmao :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

!

Donate!
:P
wolfsword

Post by wolfsword »

Why not use some of the conv's that been posted around? Some funny ones thrown in with sad conversations or even super dramatic ones, just to show what the community is since (at the moment) there isn't a lot to show graphically.
Olaf Tingvatn

Post by Olaf Tingvatn »

i donated 10 euro... i wish it was THAT simple to join the EV team to and sorta pay 10 euro a year, something that i can afford easily..since Norway is not part of the EU that is :) how's that double A coming along, eh? *nudge, nudge, wink, wink* say nou mo'aa, say nou mo'aa.
Vilarion
Developer

Post by Vilarion »

Olaf Tingvatn wrote:i donated 10 euro... i wish it was THAT simple to join the EV team to and sorta pay 10 euro a year, something that i can afford easily..since Norway is not part of the EU that is :) how's that double A coming along, eh? *nudge, nudge, wink, wink* say nou mo'aa, say nou mo'aa.
It is quite easy to join the Illarion society (even if you are outside the EU or in the US or in Australia or in any other country): Fill out the form, scan it and email it to aragon@illarion.org. Players not from Germany can easily use paypal for the annual fee.
Olaf Tingvatn

Post by Olaf Tingvatn »

Vilarion wrote:
Olaf Tingvatn wrote:i donated 10 euro... i wish it was THAT simple to join the EV team to and sorta pay 10 euro a year, something that i can afford easily..since Norway is not part of the EU that is :) how's that double A coming along, eh? *nudge, nudge, wink, wink* say nou mo'aa, say nou mo'aa.
It is quite easy to join the Illarion society (even if you are outside the EU or in the US or in Australia or in any other country): Fill out the form, scan it and email it to aragon@illarion.org. Players not from Germany can easily use paypal for the annual fee.
i do not have a scanner nor a printer, why is it not allowed to do with donation and paypal as it is with joining the V.E. club? one click and you're done. i COULD print it out at work, but then i would have had to send it to you via mail..as in paper cuts and postage stamps.
Vilarion
Developer

Post by Vilarion »

It is a legal thing. You can of course print it and send it via mail, or use a digital camera for scanning (you can borrow one from a friend if you don't have one).