Promoting!

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Po Will

Promoting!

Post by Po Will »

Why hello there.. because that doesn't make me sound creepy at all.. Anywho!

As y'all likely noticed, we're doing a bit of promoting, and of course its an open project to all those who wish to help the game/site that you all love to play. But, we need certain things for said promotion. People to look over sites, and write up something positive and alluring about our slice of Eden. We need people able and willing to make banner's and the likes, again to lure ye auld newb. Then there's the other ways you can think of promoting the site, that we've not even thought of yet.

Honestly, if you have ideas, and thoughts or simply one off little projects you've got on mind, apply to the group, and leave your Illa related work in the Media promotion thread. A hell of a lot easier, than PMing me or Dji with the work, and more useful in case anyone else feels like advertising Illa on their webpages.

PS: Yes, I know the fact that its view-only for non-remembers might seems a bit daunting, but its simply to keep things in order and simple for little ol' me - I joke, but you get the picture -. Again, nothing's stopping you from joining 'team', nothings stopping you from helping in your own little way - if you have the time -. So with that, I throw this to the dogs of war to tear apart like a cow in Jurassic Park :lol:
Bellringer

Re: Promoting!

Post by Bellringer »

Wait until after the VBU my good man. People will be confused otherwise.

I'll return around then, no doubt along with many other exiles.
Djironnyma

Post by Djironnyma »

The main promotion work will start adter the VBU, indeed. But before there are 2 things to be done,

1.) Build a group/network to promote, so we can start rigth the day the VBU comes.
2.)Promote for searching Devs, which help tat the VBU comes :D
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

3.) Collect and create material such as banners, texts, screenshots and videos (new client)
4.) Identify sites, methods and media for promotion (forums, websites, social media, print media, conventions, whatever)

Waiting isn't really helpful, preparing is helpful. And as Dji pointed out, even at this moment, interested developers should be attracted. Any new developer can speed up the release date and hence, shorten the time until player promotion can be done at full throttle. If the VBU is released and a promotion campaign is started just then, valuable time will pass before any action can be taken.
The Returner

Post by The Returner »

Be Pro-active, not reactive!

I might start up my blog again with some illarion related content. If I have time or energy I might put together a basic banner package if anyones interested.
Po Will

Post by Po Will »

The Returner wrote:Be Pro-active, not reactive!
Exactly, sitting about and waiting for the VBU to come is half-assed and simply put - lazy.
Estralis Seborian wrote:3.) Collect and create material such as banners, texts, screenshots and videos (new client)
Waiting isn't really helpful, preparing is helpful.
Once more, exactly. I've had a few people say that they were interested in ccreating said materials. So, if someone like Turny started up his blog again, at least he'll have some new stuff to show off. Again, waiting for the VBU is helping anything folks :P