Why is Trollsbane so dead!

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

themonk

Why is Trollsbane so dead!

Post by themonk »

When i first joined illarion Trollsbane was heaving with people, even a few gnomes doing an auction, I moved house and didnt get internet for few months, when i returned people seem to gather near the workshop not the town square and it seems very quiet. The characters that are around are awesome but bane seems to not give the impression of a busy, bartering market full of thieves and guards, many different races. Bakers and chefs, smiths and woodworkers etc.

It saddens me :C
Taiah

Re: Why is Trollsbane so dead!

Post by Taiah »

Maybe just got in game the wrong time but some seem to have been moving away from the town for their RP also.

http://illarion.org/community/forums/vi ... =1&t=35270
1d20

Post by 1d20 »

Illarion has been very quiet since a while now.

I guess most players either have lost interest or are waiting for the VBU.
themonk

Post by themonk »

wont we be able to continue with our charaters after VBU
Aegohl

Post by Aegohl »

Yes. There's no plan for a wipe.
1d20

Post by 1d20 »

I doubt there will be a wipe (although I personally really want one) but what I meant is, they lost interest in the current illa and are hoping the VBU will bring new things that will make the game interesting for those who already explored everything.
The Returner

Post by The Returner »

People who have explored are rare. There are people ive seen and talked to IG and OOC who didn't even know where half the stuff on the current map I've been to, even was.
S'rrt

Post by S'rrt »

EDIT: This message was aimed toward a post that has been deleted.

I highly disagree. Generating conflict doesn't absolutely require in-game skill but it absolutely requires good RP. I come back to Illarion daily even if there aren't conflicts because that's not necessarily all the game has to be about. Then again it's about what keeps each person drawn to the game which is subjective.