GAME EVENT - Pirates Life for Me

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Nomos

GAME EVENT - Pirates Life for Me

Post by Nomos »

‘Take up yer arms ya scallywags, today we spill the blood of the Scianto and ‘er crew!’ Bellows the Capitan. The men are already armed and ready to fight, hanging fast to ropes and side rail of the ship as it closes in on the Elven pirates. You tremble, hand gripping tightly at an old sword, knuckles white. One week as a pirate and now your first raid you feel nervous, excited. A tough and leather skinned hand claps you on the shoulder. ‘Hold fast lad.’ He says sternly. ‘This is ya test ah metal for sure it be, leme tell ya why before yah jump tha’ rail and fink we dealin’ wif soft belly sailors...’ He goes on to explain.

The seas of Illarion have long been the hunting ground of pirates, while vast land armies play their game of chess across the land, the seas are for the most part, free for all who dare her. The Maroon Islands and the many that fill the Albarian coast provide many a pirate crew and their boat safe haven and base. Amongst the many who choose this life are men and women of all races, none more so noted for surprise in such a role, the female as Ork, Shebangbang. A savage pirate captain who rumoured to have got her name not from the fear of those she raided and robed with her giant wooden club, but from her own crew. That however is another story.

This story is about two ships, the Scianto and the Marie and their captains, the elf Volorance know as Vance by his crew. A handsome elf as many are but he loves his fine looks, dressing in the finery of stolen robes and hats to match and the human Tweekest, a man of rugged appearance shaven head who dresses much like the rest of his men. Both met and became friends after the bloody battle of the bay. A savage day for Albarian navy men who set out cull the pirates only to end up bettered by their foes and vanquished. A pact was made between these men of salty sea and steel sword to work together and share all. For a time both men and their crews prospered.

That was until the day a floating chest was found, inside it was a mirror old and tarnished. That night sat on the sandy beach, faces glowing with the orange hues of fire light something happened as the elf stared into the mirror. An argument followed and the clash of steel between the two before the Elven crew made off. As sun rose and poured its light onto the camp of the pirates captain Vance and his ship was gone, the chest and mirror to. Tweekest lay bandaged and recovering from his wounds.

‘Now, tha story is set an’ ya know the past, Tweekest angry an’ bitter gave chase an’ in time did catch up with Vance. Tha present, tha now as tha two ships turn ta face each other is upon us. Tha future lad is up ta you!’

------------------------------------------------- EVENT RULES ----------------------------------------------

There are two pirate ships that need a crew, two captains that need you to fight for them. Do you have the nerve to fight with you crew mates to the death! Only one crew can win, you as the players will decide it.

To keep it fun and fair, all players who wish to play must created a new character just for this event with the following rules:
  • Pirate name.
    Human race
    Knight, Paladin, Ranger, Barbarian kits ONLY.
    Attributes can be set by you.
    NO tiny or huge avatar extremes, keep the size and weight in keeping with racial lore.
    Characters can be made at anytime before the event BUT they are NOT to be PG’ed or used to skill up or RP with on Gobiath. They are after all on board the ship out in the sea. The aim is for all players to have a good fun and fair bawl. This is not a show of technical game knowledge prowess.
All meet at the Trollsbane Arena on quest data and time. One team will be turned into elves and the other will stay human, all will then be beamed to ships ready for the play. IF there are not enough players, one ship will be human the other will be NPCs.

All ghosted chars will be dead and not revived/must be deleted by player after event
All ghosted chars are encouraged to stay on ship in the role of dead and dying but MUST move if blocking access.
All chars must be newly created for this, chars maybe created before but will be excluded if skills have been raised/PG'ed
All players/characters are still subject to the Illa game rules and responsible for keeping atmosphere BUT this event is pure game engine driven. RP and emotes are encouraged but the game engine will decide the outcome of fights.

Details, rules and times maybe subject to change.

You the players make it what it is, make it fun and fair and lets enjoy something a little different.

------------------------------------------------- EVENT TIME ----------------------------------------------

SUNDAY 10th April 1800 GMT

(This time and date has been chosen to allow the majority of international players a chance to play.)
Djironnyma

Re: GAME EVENT - Pirates Life for Me

Post by Djironnyma »

cewl idea!

and sry for the 2 deleted posts, that was before it was decide to move this topic :oops:
Po Will

Post by Po Will »

Sounds great! :D
Vitoria

Post by Vitoria »

ÜBERSETZUNG:

Zwei Piratenschiffe die eine Mannschaft brauchen, zwei Kapitäne die euch brauchen um für sie zu kämpfen.
Habt ihr die Nerven mit euren Crewmitgliedern Seite an Seite zu kämpfen bis zum Tode!
Nur eine Mannschaft kann gewinnen, ihr die Spieler könnt dies entscheiden.

Um es lustig und fair zu halten müssen alle Spieler die mitmachen wollen sich einen neuen Char für dieses Event erstellen mit den folgenden Regeln:

1. Piratenname
2. erstellen eines Menschenchars
3. Ritter, Paladin, Waldläufer oder Barbar Starterpaket. NUR AUS DENEN AUSZUWÄHLEN!

Die Atribute könnt ihr selber auswählen.

Keine zu kleinen oder zu großen /übergroßen Charaktere erstellen. Bitte haltet euch an die Größe und das Gewicht der Rasse Mensch entsprechend.
Der Charakter kann vor dem Quest erstellt werden ABER die Charakter dürfen nicht vor dem Quest dazu genützt werden um sie zu skillen oder mit ihnen pg zu betreiben auf Gobaith.
Die Charakter befinden sich nämlich auf einem Schiff weit draußen auf dem Meer. Somit können sie nicht auf Gobaith vorher schon herumlaufen!

Das Ziel ist es das alle Spieler ihren Spaß haben und das der Kampf fair bleibt.
Das Quest dient nicht dazu mit einem geskillten char sich zu beteiligen und allen zu zeigen wie toll man ist, alle haben die gleiche Chance und alle sind skillmäßig gleichgestellt.

Treffpunkt ist bei der Trollbane Arena zur entsprechender Zeit und Datum.
Eine Mannschaft wird dann in Elfen Chars umgewandelt und die andere Mannschaft bleibt Mensch.
Alle werden dann nach und nach auf das Schiff teleportiert. Sollten nicht genügend Spieler zugegen sein wird ein Schiff mit der Menschenmannschaft besetzt und das andere Schiff mit NPC`s besetzt.

Alle geghosteten chars sind tot und sollen auch als solches gespielt werden. Sie dürfen auf dem Schiff bleiben müssen aber in der Rolle eines toten gespielt werden. Se müssen sich bewegen wenn sie im weg stehen.

Alle Charaktere müssen neu erschaffen werden für dieses Quest, alt erstellte Charaktere werden nicht zum Quest zugelassen.
Für alle Spieler/ Charakter gelten die herrschenden Illarion Spielregeln und ein jeder ist verantwortlich für eine gewisse Atmosphäre im Spiel sorge zu tragen.
Dieses Quest dient dazu zu kämpfen und am ende als alleiniger Sieger dazustehen.
Emotes sind erwünscht ABER bitte keine Emotes wo ihr nur vorgebt zu kämpfen.

Details, Regeln und Zeit / Datum könnten sich ändern.
Ihr die Spieler sollt eine gute Zeit haben die Chance nutzen mal was anderes zu erleben. Haltet es fair und unterhaltsam.

--------------------------------Start des Events -----------------------------------------------

Sonntag 10th april 19.00 Uhr
( dieses Datum und die Zeit wurden ausgewählt weil es der Mehrheit ermöglicht daran teilzunehmen.)
Alli Zelos

Post by Alli Zelos »

*crosses fingers* Hope I can make it! :D

Question: If a character is not killed, are we free to play her/him in Gobaith?
Orioli

Post by Orioli »

Alli Zelos wrote:*crosses fingers* Hope I can make it! :D

Question: If a character is not killed, are we free to play her/him in Gobaith?
Answers I got to that question were along the line of "read the rules". So i did that and the answer it seems to be "no".
However, I think no one will care if you recreate that character you use and then play that in Gobaith. I also hope that I can make it. :)

Whoa I am wrong, on second read there is no rule making us kill a character what survives.. :D Kewl!!!!
Nomos

Post by Nomos »

If the character does survive I see no problem in them appearing on Gobiath. I am sure there could be a good reason for why they where no longer on ship. That said I would hope all the surviving crews (if any turn up) don’t just jump ship for land.

This is a very experimental event, who knows if any of you will survive for long :p
Alexander Knight

Post by Alexander Knight »

Make for land me mateys!!
Copper Dragon

Post by Copper Dragon »

Nomos wrote:If the character does survive I see no problem in them appearing on Gobiath. I am sure there could be a good reason for why they where no longer on ship. That said I would hope all the surviving crews (if any turn up) don’t just jump ship for land.

This is a very experimental event, who knows if any of you will survive for long :p
Humm, so no killing yer maties and taking off with the ship? :roll:
Hey, it's just a thought. *stab* Alright, who's next? *stab* Now where is that treasure map? :wink:
Nomos

Post by Nomos »

Starts now
Po Will

Post by Po Will »

Come on folks! :D
Djironnyma

Post by Djironnyma »

Arrrrr!
Po Will

Post by Po Will »

Djironnyma wrote:Image

Arrrrr!
Why's all me rum gone? :lol:
Cheers for the event Nomps, was a blast :)
Nomos

Post by Nomos »

Feedback, questions and thoughts most welcome!

Thank you all for your chars and atmosphere, was fun to see you all!

The plan changed slightly due to lack of players. No big thing, we just had a more npc Vs fight then PvP event. I hopw you all had fun and it was not too slow.

As for your chars. You have a few options.
1 Leave them on ship to log in and play when you like, the sea is in my blood! ( I will tidy the map up around the boat so you can play with your imaginaion on ship.)
2 Jump ship for gobiath, the sea and salt has you craving for dry land. ( let a Gm know and they will move you to the Island.)
3 Delete the char.

For poor dead Binx, thank you for your good play and staying around to give the crew that bit more of a story! Much appreciated. If you wish to be a pirate again, make a new pirate char!

I would love to carry on the story of the Marie and her crew when i have time or should any other GM wish to have some fun with pirates. So with your feed back and any ideas you might have, next time should be better!

Thank you all again,was fun.
Po Will

Post by Po Will »

Keep the Char's on the boat sounds like an idea. (for me personally)
Makes a nice wee side game from the usually business of ol' Troll bane :)
JGruesome

Post by JGruesome »

Binx here. It's funny, I was speaking to a friend of mine, and I told her if anyone died, it'd be me. Well, as the fates had it, I was struck down during the height of my pirate career. Fun all the same.
Fianna Heneghan

Post by Fianna Heneghan »

I thought the event was lots of fun. It was well thought out, the map looked good and it definitely wasn't slow. I was surprised we only lost one crew mate, but Binx was a good sport and the funeral at sea was a nice touch.

Three cheers for Captain Tweekest! *raises her bottle of rum*
Anon of D'Athen

Post by Anon of D'Athen »

I'm sad I missed this. If something like this would be hosted again, I'd make an effort to attend.
Maybe a different setting if you want to mix things up. Mountain pass with merchant train (guards) versus bandits, perhaps.
Thanks for doing something like this, mate.
Nomos

Post by Nomos »

You missed that too, already done player played wagon train gaurds Vs player bandits :p But there is always something going on somewhere around Gobiath I am sure good things are yet to come!
Alli Zelos

Post by Alli Zelos »

I missed it :( Stupid hair appointments.

Honestly, my priorities aren't that messed up. It just worked out that canceling an appointment for a pirate battle is not the best excuse. :? If only others would understand us!