minor changes and big problems

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Lennier

minor changes and big problems

Post by Lennier »

Like lots of you have noticed, there are some more lights now. That was me.

In thinking about the really good lighting feature, i got the idea (I was not the first, no), that darkness only can be good as well we also have some lights in same place. So i placed lights in all cities and important locations, so that you all, but inspecial newbies too, get a good impression and ability to play this game in ingame night.

Sadly in same moment i did this, i caused lots of problems. You ready know, that the cellars of Troll's Bane can not be reached since a while. I do not know why. New Problem, the same thing also happened with Silverbrand and the dungeon of Kumdah now. We do not know why. After a day of checking all mapfiles we have no idea about this problem. But to save our ressources to release the VBU sooner and not later, we handle this problem pragmatically: We will do nothing. No mapupdates anymore as long as the VBU is not released. I only can work manual ingame now. So changes are limited very strictly.

I thank the players of Silverbrand for their patience, that they have accept the new temporary solution :wink:

If you find more "important" places that need some lights, call me.
Nomos

Re: minor changes and big problems

Post by Nomos »

Ahh thats a shame, I had already done the lights in Silverbrand and all was working fine and looking nice. Good work on the rest of the towns though, looks great.

Sorry to the Dwarf players for the monster hunt quests. Posponed indefinitely.