Magierzauber // Magespells

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Zot

Magierzauber // Magespells

Post by Zot »

Liebe Magier,

aufgrund der neuen Gruppendungeons wurden bei den Zaubern KEL RA, KEL HEPT, KEL YEG, MES PEN, MES PEN DUN, MES PEN SIH und MES PEN SIH DUN die automatischen #me entfernt. Bitte vergesst nicht in Zukunft selbst passende #me zu schreiben und passend zu RP´n.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear mages,

because of the new group dungeons the engine generated emotes after the spells KEL RA, KEL HEPT, MES PEN, MES PEN DUN, MES PEN SIH and MES PEN SIH DUN have been removed. Please remember to write fitting emotes yourself when using those spells in the future.
Evan Ross

Re: Magierzauber // Magespells

Post by Evan Ross »

Thank you!
Whomever decided this is a god!
Korwin

Post by Korwin »

Could you do the same with KEL RA QWAN and KEL HEPT QWAN? I find those among the most commonly used (rapidly).
Aldan Vian

Post by Aldan Vian »

Thank you thank you thank you thank you THANK YOU. It was awful when I couldn't even see my character because of spell spam.
Zot

Post by Zot »

Die Autoemotes der Zauber KEL RA QWAN, KEL HEPT QWAN sowie JUS PHERC QWAN wurden auch rausgenommen.

The engine generated emotes from the spells KEL RA QWAN, KEL HEPT QWAN and JUS PHERC QWAN got removed as well.

ImageFlux is a troll.
zda

Post by zda »

i found out that when speaking ancient and you cast one of the spells it leaves a space.
Brian Stubbs: [anc]
Brian Stubbs: [anc] KEL RA
just thought i would let you know
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

The issue will be fixed during the next server restart/reload.
H.Banestone

Post by H.Banestone »

Thank you very much for changing this.
Why were auto emotes even put in for spells?

1. They're very annoying and cover the view and already narrow chat bar.
This is easily exploitable to disrupt opponent's player's vision OOC, and is probably part of why mages can be so annoying if they cast in town, it interrupts conversations.
2. They give people a warning in advance what a mage is doing, putting mage at disadvantage.
3. From RP perspective, they limit a mage player's creativity in describing what their magic looks like, and kind of put everyone into the same box. I thought that description of what my magic looks like is my job as a player to begin with.
4. From combat perspective, they make a mage not need to emote, where as other classes (archers, swordsmen, wrestlers) need to spend time typing emotes and concentrate on typing. (though this is fairly well negated by pre-saved emotes)

But they're still kind of a bother. Personal opinion, of course, but I don't need to know that someone's hands become indistinct every time they teleport. The visual effect of teleportation is fairly intuitive already. Same with walls, flames, or any spells.
I'd say remove spell auto-emotes altogether, or maybe shorten them to something concise, like "casts a magic spell", "teleports", "creates a wall", or "creates a flame" for the anoyance sake.
Zot

Post by Zot »

The emotes will be gone with the VBU.
Morbius

Post by Morbius »

I think it's be great if we could somehow save our own emotes into out own set of spells, for example. "Mr magic pants: Kel Ra." He can save an amount of text that will be brought up if he so choses to save one, resuslting in: "Mr magic pants casts a towering pillar of flames from the earth that engulfs his foe." Probably more suitable for Kel Ra Qwan Dun, but whatever, hope you get the idea. Any thoughts?
Nalzaxx

Post by Nalzaxx »

Mr magic pants casts a towering pillar of flames from the earth that engulfs his foe.
Mr magic pants: [anc] RA IRA ANTH QWAN
Mr magic pants casts a towering pillar of flames from the earth that engulfs his foe.
Morbius

Post by Morbius »

Alright, point taken. :lol:
Orioli

Post by Orioli »

Ooo Mr magic pants is such a stud!!
Thrym

Post by Thrym »