Ingredienten bei Magieeinsatz

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Tialdin

Ingredienten bei Magieeinsatz

Post by Tialdin »

Bei meinen langen überlegungen, ob das Magiesystem zu heftig ist,
wie ja häufiger diskutiert und der Überlegung, dass Magier einfach nichts brauchen,
da sie nicht einmal Essen kaufen müssen.

Erscheint es mir sinnvoll, dass Magier für den Einsatz von Zaubern
Ingredientien (verbrauchen oder zumindest) in ihrer Tasche mitführen sollten.

Beispielsweise für einen Heilzauber eine weiße Stoffbahn.
Für einen starken Heilzauber eine blaue Stoffbahn.

Für einen Feuerball einen Pfeil.
Für den Wandzauber einen Hammer.
Für den Lähmzauber ein Seil.

(große Metallgegenstände wären wohl nicht so angebracht)

Damit müssten Magier immer eine gut sortierte Tasche mit sich führen und
entsprechende Gegenstände irgendwo beschaffen.

mir erscheinen Magier derzeit als viel zu autark und abgekoppelt vom Handel,
dass würde sich damit ändern.
Djironnyma

Re: Ingredienten bei Magieeinsatz

Post by Djironnyma »

Unpraktikabel vor allem wenn man Bedenkt wie viel Zauber es braucht um skill zu erhalten, das steht auch in keinem Verhältnis zu dem was Kämpfer an essen brauchen (Ausrüstung lass ich mal außen vor, die wird zu 90 Prozent gedroopt und ist faktisch wertlos).

Zudem können Magier einerlei kaum etwas tragen und haben durch einen Mangel an handwerklichen Attributen auch keine Möglichkeiten an solcherlei Kram heran zu kommen, vor allem wenn es ihnen an Runen und Skills fehlt um Monster zu killen.

Wir wissen alle das Magie im Moment unausgeglichen ist, aber es ist auch bekannt das dies im Zuge des VBU überarbeitet wird. Im Moment heißts also Füße still halten, damit abfinden und schauen wie es nach dem VBU aus sieht.
Nalzaxx

Post by Nalzaxx »

This is actually something I've suggested to a few people before, and to be perfectly honest, I love the idea. However I have always advocated a two, or even three tier system for magic, that takes advantage of both mana based, and ingredient based magic. The weaker spells would not require any ingredients, they would simply be mana based as they currently are, but they would be weak and of limited use. However for the more powerful spells, ingredients would be required, the rarity of which would obviously depend on the spell itself.

I would shy away from using produced items as ingredients too, and rather use base materials. So for example using a ruby instead of a hammer, or a herb in place of a peice of cloth. That way mages can contribute to the economy, by purchasing raw materials, but are not completely dependant upon it.

Djironnyma is correct in saying that it is difficult for mages to progress to high levels, but it is still evident that once at those high levels, mages are literally drowing under gold coins and rare artifacts. It would be nice to have something more to do, to spend money on, and indeed to work for once that level is reached.
Llama

Post by Llama »

Magic should be given a rework (to a point) post-VBU, so suggestions on this topic are still welcome.

If we want mages to contribute to the economy, how about taking a simpler way - you learn a spell, and then you have an amount of 'charges' on an item (spellbook? scroll?) which degrade by 1 every use. When that reaches 0 it turns into dust and you can't cast the spell anymore.

Obtaining the items could easily be done by selling them from NPCs (NOT the spell iteself, just the 'charges'), or maybe it could be makeable by mages themselves, provided they have access to the raw materials. I would rather have mages run around with "Scrolls of Fire explosion" then running around with 500 rubies. Although that would make killing them VERY profitable.

The current proposal for magic would fit in very well with this suggestion. The higher levels spells could easily be balanced in this manner.
Nalzaxx

Post by Nalzaxx »

But then having to collect the 'Gem of Azure Eyes' from the dungeon of Evilness, a sprig of the 'Holy Tree of Trolls' in the deep forest of darkness and the heart of a 'Rainbow Scaled Minotaur' who dwells within the winding labyrinth of doom to cast the ultimate spell of epicness sounds a lot more fun than, "Buy this scroll from Bob the spellmaker."

Plus it also gives the option to find ingredients out and about on travels and retains some of the 'mages actually cast magic' feeling, rather than mages simply being people who recite premade poems.
Djironnyma

Post by Djironnyma »

i would more like a system in which you doesnt have to use items but where items and other thinks (like daytime, mounth, tile) can boost or weaking a spell.

So you could still simple train but with knowledge and preparation you can be more effective

i once start to wrote a concept for such a system but it was said it would be to difficult to script it :(
maryday

Post by maryday »

Am i right in supposing that this thread is about hieraticallities , or rituals? Or the like..
--- :oops:
Beschaeftigt sich dieses Thema mit Priesterlichkeit, oder Ritualen? Oder Aehnliches..

whub`ee kaaouh!-naah?