Changing Profile Rating

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Llama

Changing Profile Rating

Post by Llama »

Apparently, here's how rating profiles works in illarion:

Person A creates a profile
Person B (friend of A) gives him 10
Person C (doesn't know A) gives him 0 because they think 10 is too much
Person D decides to give a 10
Person E decides to give a 0

And so on and so forth. Since we're effectively always giving maximum or minimum - why not change the way rating it works - by instead letting you declare that you LIKE the profile or DISLIKE it - similar to how youtube videos work. Would give similar results.

Alternativly (or better?) - People tend to vote based on what they think the number should be - trying to push it in that direction - instead of choosing the value itself. So simple solution - only the profile owner can see the ratings.
Djironnyma

Re: Changing Profile Rating

Post by Djironnyma »

To be serious I dont see any use in a "dislike" button. Something like that is mostly nothing but demotivating and i suppose that the most people would vote how they like/dislike the PO or char and not the char-profile.

I would more like just a "like button", similar to Facebook.

And btw my profile is a perfect proof for your theory lama, 111 votes, 5 points :D

http://illarion.org/community/de_charpr ... d=3c69e537
Llama

Post by Llama »

I think I agree with you Dji.

That way peopel can still reward profiles they think are nice - and people who want to feel happy about their profiles will be happy.

To the mantis proposal board!
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

There was a similar request on Mantis: http://illarion.org/mantis/view.php?id=691 No matter what the change, I agree, the voting system is not working as anywhere near an indication of the actual review of a profile i.e. some with no picture but a wonderful elaborate description and story-line having less then a profile with a picture alone. I would like to see a change in the system.