GM Complaints

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Broktan

GM Complaints

Post by Broktan »

Broktan was patrolling Bane's streets when he heard some shouting for help about a thief coming from inside the shop. Broktan investigates and finds a dwarf fighting with a human. The human bolts and makes a run for it, and Broktan chases calling for the guy to stop. The guy doesn't stop and Broktan strikes him with a guard baton (mace) once. The runner is ghosted. You might wonder why I am even mentioning this run of the mill roleplaying scene. But wait, the "roleplaying" does not stop there. The runner proceeds to launch into a drawn out (( )) fingerpointing bitchfest with plenty of vengeful blaming and condemning. The runner still as a ghost smugly announces that he has complained to the GMs in a self-satisfied way. At long last, after extended moaning "O woe is me, poor me, look at me I'm so pitiable!", he finally shuts up and goes to the cross. Only to come back seconds later and start the bitchfest again - this time ostensibly in character. Stefan, Dain, and Rogrim remember that all too well I'm sure.

Long story short: Broktan is now banned. And why? One whiner who couldn't handle an ingame problem maturely.

I wonder whether the GM complaint feature does more harm than good. It seems some whiner likes to abuse it to rag on their fellow players behind their backs and stir up trouble by moaning at GMs. Add to this an overzealous GM itching to punish good players, and you have a recipe for disaster. Why is it that some player has to feel the need to get at back others out of character because of an in character problem? It's such despicable and juvenile behavior that demotivates and drives players away from the game.