Wow Illarion has changed

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Ezor Edwickton

Post by Ezor Edwickton »

I can't remember if Ezor ever married Irania. A lot has changed.
It was oh so close. Then it all fell apart :D

I'm trying to look back at my old logs to get to know Ezor again, but unfortunately the majority of them had been lost in hard drive wipe or something. I only have the very beginning, consisting mosty of early Ezor, with a whole lot of terrible rping, and the last part consisting of nothing of interest. If you have any old logs with Ezor in them, you could send my way, that would be sweet! I'm looking at you Irania. :shock:
Irania

Post by Irania »

I've lost so many logs that I don't even save them anymore. I wish I did have them though! I notice that your grammar and spelling has gotten better!

>.>
<.<

Watch out! It's one of my favourite traits in a player!
Ezor Edwickton

Post by Ezor Edwickton »

I'm not sure if I'm being complemented or made fun of right now. I'll just file that comment away in the 'teasing' category for now.
Quinasa

Post by Quinasa »

I actually have my very first Illa log, and you are in it quite a bit (as well as a lot of OOC talk about Kokomo peeing and some other stuff). Are you on MSN?
Ezor Edwickton

Post by Ezor Edwickton »

MSN??? Like MSN messenger? Do people still use that? :? I haven't used it since high school. I'll look into that and get back to you.
Quinasa

Post by Quinasa »

Yes MSN. Or what's your email?
Irania

Post by Irania »

MSN is my all time favourite for Illa usage ^_^
Quinasa

Post by Quinasa »

It's my all-time favorite for chatting. That's why I made Sarah and Daddy download it. ^^
Setherioth

Post by Setherioth »

Well I just started playing again and this seemed like the thread to post in!

Hello again fellow Illarionites! I look forward to spending some in game hours with you all. It is going to take me awhile to get my bearings, so much has changed. And Ezor, your words brought back fond memories of many an hour in front of Illarion with the deedling music in the background.

edit: Damien! A name I recognize! Glad to see you're still around!
Ezor Edwickton

Post by Ezor Edwickton »

Welcome back! :D And I see your also a fellow Canadian! I'm glad to hear that something I wrote spoke to you. Someone should make up a classical Illarion sound track. It would only have two songs on, but it would be great. I'd play it in the background as I play the game.

Hope you find all the new changes aren't too much for you. I'm just starting to get used to the new Illarion still.

See you in game!
Damien

Post by Damien »

O.o
OMFG. Seth ! Welcome back !
I'm hardly "around", so to say, sloooow intahnet. But i drop by time by time ;)
1d20

Post by 1d20 »

Morbius wrote:
The only way to make Illarion popular now is to make roleplay optional.
Now, if we did that, illarion would no longer be illarion. And i'd quit for sure.
I wasn't suggesting we do!
Tanistian_Kanea

Post by Tanistian_Kanea »

unfortunately, within the last year, illarion has seen a drop of more than 50 active players. thats a good chunk of players.
1d20

Post by 1d20 »

Yeah, the game has gotten boring to play for me, but I can't pinpoint why exactly.

Probably the fact it lost its new, everything has been done and most importantly the dramatic drop in quality of roleplay.
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

Karl, even if you claim you can't pinpoint the reasons exactly, you did it perfectly! Illarion is boring nowadays, not much has changed for quite a while now and players do nothing that matters. Back in the "good old days", kingdoms were founded, mighty guilds clashed and everywhere, you encountered politics. Nowadays, only a small elite invests into the game and the rest complains or leaves instead of carving something new.

For a new/old player (noobold?), Illarion still shows its potential. And when I take a look at the testserver, I see this potential realised (partially). But it is a matter of fact that we lost around three years with little to no advance on the game content front. We have Lua as simple and powerful scripting language. We even have a very simple NPC scripting language, a full functional editor for that language and a fully operational map editor. But still, players hesitate/refuse to contribute to shape the world. So, the time we all have to wait for the big update becomes longer and longer. We're around 10-15 volunteers who work on this update, some just an hour a week, some around 40 hours a week. So, in conclusion, all will be better and the more you help and support us, the faster everything is finished.
1d20

Post by 1d20 »

Make cities decay 50% faster if not cared for, get more questers to come up with small scale (thusly more numerous) quests to random people on the map regardless of oldness/class/etc, get much much more strict on roleplay quality..
Tanistian_Kanea

for me, i'm find i am often restricted in role play to game mechanics (ie, i want to play a lone archer, but i don't have skills to kill a rabbit), it would be great to play mid level _____, but the amount of time it takes to get there and the work is a pain in the ass. i barely have time to role play let alone level #$%&, so i just don't bother. i keep checking back in, to see if things change or if something interesting is happening. sometimes try playing a little bit.
Ezor Edwickton

Post by Ezor Edwickton »

Maybe rp a character who one day will become a lone archer, and now its just him in his early days. I try to never bring in a new character fully developed. I try to start with a simple back story, and give the character certain drives, aspirations, traits and flaws, then let his experience in game shape him from there.
Tanistian_Kanea

it's a pain having a character who is supposed to be 20-30 something, hell even 40-50 years old, and has little more skill than a toddler. in the beginning you can't fight, cook, read, find herbs, shoot a bow, nothing. which leaves you very limited role play wise because if you want to do anything nowadays you have to have the skills to back it up.
Kaja Wolfagen

Post by Kaja Wolfagen »

So many familiar names, scary stuff. Much love!
Valhanian

Post by Valhanian »

Hi Ezor, I remember you from a while ago I think we only met a few times on a character I dont remember the name of, heh. I recently started playing again too (a few days ago) but found I only had the name and password (saved automatically on my comp somehow) of one character I didnt recognise and I couldnt access my login details on the webpage so I just started a new account, I guess my logon got deleted somehow.

Anyway, yeah I noticed a lot has changed too. Its very quiet and sometimes there isnt anybody playing. I remember I used to stay up all night playing and there would be 10 players on at a quiet time and something like 50 at peak times.

Illarion still has its charm though, that feeling that you can do almost anything.
Zahra Fiarai

Post by Zahra Fiarai »

Welcome back! :D
Ezor Edwickton

Post by Ezor Edwickton »

I remember Kaja!

Valhanian a gm may be able to get your account sorted out. Mine was a little bit in a mess when i returned as well. Apparently i had two accounts. I only used one back in the day, but when i returned I just tried a user name and password that I remembered and it was the other one, effectively locking me out of the one with all my characters on.

I don't remember there ever being as many as 50 people online in the time that I was playing. Must have happened after I left. There must have been things always happening everywhere. I guess that makes sense why there are so many abandoned guild buildings and such.
Quinasa

Post by Quinasa »

Kaja Wolfagen wrote:So many familiar names, scary stuff. Much love!
COME PLAY WITH ME. Srsly. New chars are fun!
Aristeaus

Post by Aristeaus »

When i find some time, it would be a pleasure :D

Glad your well
Grunith Shuth

Post by Grunith Shuth »

Hoho! So many old names, indeed! I thought everyone in this forum had left, but apparently I was severely incorrect in my assumptions over time. I've not been around Illarion forever, but I think I might make a return when I find more time. Hopefully, many of you will be back. I can't wait to see what this update will be like. Hope you're all doing well.

Former PO Grunith Shuth, Sevious Helios, Croktin Skullcrusher
Valhanian

Post by Valhanian »

Ezor Edwickton wrote:Valhanian a gm may be able to get your account sorted out.
I dont think I had any characters left after the charwipe. I killed off my main ones as far as I remember and the game has changed so much in the time Ive been away that the character's in game knowledge would be obsolete and would make no sense unless I rp'ed a memory loss or some such thing which has been done before a few times if I remember. I'm happy to just start new so there's no need to waste a GM's time sorting things out.

Oh, and no-one will remember Valhanian because he's new :)
Moirear Sian

Re:

Post by Moirear Sian »

Hi Ezor
Tanistian_Kanea wrote:for me, i'm find i am often restricted in role play to game mechanics (ie, i want to play a lone archer, but i don't have skills to kill a rabbit), it would be great to play mid level _____, but the amount of time it takes to get there and the work is a pain in the ass. i barely have time to role play let alone level #$%&, so i just don't bother. i keep checking back in, to see if things change or if something interesting is happening. sometimes try playing a little bit.
I've been experiencing the same problem. =P

Whenever I try to come up with a new character to get started again, my mind goes blank.

The news on classy new music and what the next client's going to be like are pretty sweet. Definitely going to check it out again when it comes out; maybe even before that if I stop suffering a brainfart every time I want to get started again.
Qeewee

Re: Re:

Post by Qeewee »

Moirear Sian wrote:Hi Ezor
Tanistian_Kanea wrote:for me, i'm find i am often restricted in role play to game mechanics (ie, i want to play a lone archer, but i don't have skills to kill a rabbit), it would be great to play mid level _____, but the amount of time it takes to get there and the work is a pain in the ass. i barely have time to role play let alone level #$%&, so i just don't bother. i keep checking back in, to see if things change or if something interesting is happening. sometimes try playing a little bit.
I've been experiencing the same problem. =P

Whenever I try to come up with a new character to get started again, my mind goes blank.

The news on classy new music and what the next client's going to be like are pretty sweet. Definitely going to check it out again when it comes out; maybe even before that if I stop suffering a brainfart every time I want to get started again.
I am waiting for the system to change somehow too, even though it appears to be a problem to come up with something that works. I just come up with characters that need little skills until then, and have one character I level when/if I have time.

Being for example a fisherman brings a lot of RP if you fish in town, you may encounter a mummy and fight along a stranger passing by, getting to know that person; get a map and go on a treasure hunt if you gather a group of people that actually have the time to ''PG'' their skills and so on.

Though can anyone reveal if it will change somehow with the VBU, or has it been revealed already perhaps?
Ezor Edwickton

Re: Wow Illarion has changed

Post by Ezor Edwickton »

It's neat to see all your old avatars. It's been like 6 years or longer for some of you, don't you change them?