Roleplay outside of trollsbane?

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Thurik Stronghammer

Roleplay outside of trollsbane?

Post by Thurik Stronghammer »

Why does noone roleplay outside of Trollsbane? Silverbrand has no new language dwarves apparently, noone goes near Silverblade castle, I haven't found anyone north or south of TB. Now my dwarf has to go to TB to rp, even though it's not the right rp thing for my dwarf to do, because he hates the trollsbane government :( C'mon people, lets all make some new language dwarves and rp in Silverbrand :D
Zehshirr

Post by Zehshirr »

uh.. NO! :D

I had a new language dwarf in Silverbrand, got bored, started a lizard.

Never looked back.

BE A SCALE FACE!
Thurik Stronghammer

It's a sad day, when lizard people, of all races, have more players than DWARVES! They may as well be human! None of them live in the lizard city.
Zehshirr

Post by Zehshirr »

1st, there is no lizard "city" if thats a city my name is Micheal Jackson, also, we don't live there because no-one is ever there.

No, i don't care if thats hypocritical.

And also, quite a few of us "rp" that we live there even though we hardly ever go there.
Thurik Stronghammer

We call trollsbane a city, even though 30 people live there.
Zehshirr

Post by Zehshirr »

Egh dude.. Zzyathiss has a gate and a temple. Its not a city.

and there are more than 30 people here, citizens and people living here does not make it 30 people living here, sit by the fire place and wait for 4 days, you'll see more than 30 people. GUARANTEE!
Thurik Stronghammer

Done argue-ing.
Zehshirr

Post by Zehshirr »

lol.. this is probly gonna get locked anytime now anyway.
Thurik Stronghammer

C'mon man, you just jinxed my thread! :lol:
Arvemor

Post by Arvemor »

While I understand the predicament, I read somewhere that good roleplay isn't closing off potential storytelling or interaction by saying "my character wouldn't do that." Rather, good roleplaying is thinking a good ingame reason to do so in the first place. Go out and have fun, even in places dwarves wouldn't normally frequent! That makes it more interesting, yes?
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

Actually, there are two answers to this question, a long one and what you can read above. I'd like to summarise the long answer. Briefly, if you compare the number of players online with the number of settlements, you come to a ratio of 3:1 to 2:1. We all know the old saying, the more, the merrier. So, the more players are at one place, the more will join (unless they do naughty things).

But also, when you take a more qualitative approach, the more differences between characters, the more interesting roleplay becomes. There is a halfling town for halflings. They can meet there to talk about cakes. Hooray. How interesting. But when these halflings now get in contact with orcs, humans or even magicians, interesting adventures can be plotted. Not about cakes.

So, basically, people gather at places where there are other, different characters. But also, and now we come to Troll's Bane, they gather where there is what they need. In Troll's Bane, you have depots, NPC traders, even some quest NPCs. What do you have at Zzyathis? And what goods can you trade with NPCs of the Northmark? So, people come to where the action is and that is Troll's Bane. And when you combine all this, you can imagine that Troll's Bane will always have problems to have a unique profile beyond "The town where everyone is".

One might call this a misconception of Illarion. But in the end, the events and history of this game are carved by the players over years, so our characters have to face the situation as it is.

PS: The name of the town was, is and will be Troll's Bane :-P! You should know that...
Illal

Post by Illal »

Why can't we have an adventure about cakes? Cakes are pretty awesome.

And no one would ever suspect them of anything. In fact, every time I ask someone about cake, they insist that there is no cake, that the cake is a lie.

A conspiracy is afoot, I'm certain. We must get to the bottom of this... Is there a cake? And why does it chose to live so secretively? Find out on the next episode of A Sleuth in the Briar!

I'm not sure where that came from.

But really, it's just a matter of seizing opportunity... Or sneaking up on an unsuspecting powergamer. :twisted:
Last edited by Illal on Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Juliana D'cheyne

Post by Juliana D'cheyne »

I know for sure there are cakes.. but am not sure you can buy a journey nor tell the teleporter that you want to go to "Troll's Bane" but know both accept "Trolls Bane" :wink:

PS Some may be outside Troll's Bane because if caught inside are likely to go to jail, however those you may not desire to run across.
Zehshirr

Post by Zehshirr »

Where is this Trollis Bane you speak?

P.s.

Like the cake idea.
Anon of D'Athen

Post by Anon of D'Athen »

Trollsbane: the big pile of, erm... buildings in the middle of the island.
:wink:
CJK
Developer

Post by CJK »

Juliana D'cheyne wrote: however those you may not desire to run across.

Personally, I find several of those players to be the best kind to run into. At least it is never monotonous, and you always have that little prick of fear for your character.

Except when they attack you and steal your shoes. That's less cool. 8)
Thurik Stronghammer

guess I'll make a human character then.
Quinasa

Post by Quinasa »

I have absolutely NO problem finding RP, and I never have to go to Trolls Bane. Just sayin'.
Thurik Stronghammer

Then thou art blessed by the Gods.
Quinasa

Post by Quinasa »

Thurik Stronghammer wrote:Then thou art blessed by the Gods.
Obviously. Have you seen my husband???
wolfsword

Post by wolfsword »

I remember when the Salks took over, it was the complete opposite- lot of people moved to places such as Greenbriar, or any other place besides Bane. Was fun. I loved having Greenbriar full of people (Hobbit or not), was a good change of pace.
Sir Gnar

Post by Sir Gnar »

~ Become an orc & join the clan... I'm IG more than RL... Oh, and the cave is sweet... 8)
Thurik Stronghammer

I read your clan thread and it looks fun to be an orc
Zehshirr

Post by Zehshirr »

it is.. i started an orc today, and woot. Im loving it
orgis

Post by orgis »

Zehshirr wrote:it is.. i started an orc today, and woot. Im loving it
welum oo da' famwy! :lol:
Zehshirr

Post by Zehshirr »

I feel homly now.
CJK
Developer

Post by CJK »

The orcs are indeed awesome. But I never see many orcs IG that I knew... oh, and Orgis, you better be plying an orc again!
orgis

Post by orgis »

I'm getting to it :)
This broken colalr bone is kinda pain though, can't really type that well, or fast :x
CJK
Developer

Post by CJK »

And here i thought you type with your fingers.....
orgis

Post by orgis »

Us scots have powers beyond you're wildest dreams!! :twisted:

But yeah, me left arm is slinged up, and I'm pretty dopey wi' the pain killers :D