Maps of Gobaith!

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

PurpleMonkeys

Maps of Gobaith!

Post by PurpleMonkeys »

Hello there, I didn't really know where to post this so I figured I'd just go here.

Before, I know people have made character pictures for players, and Roleplayed it ingame so that they were payed silvers for the work.. Well, I have made edited two maps of Gobaith for personal use, One showing every creature location and location of interest, the other depicting Altars, Crosses, and Elemental Pillars (Although that one needs a bit of work..). I've come up with the idea that, when my Character that actually knows where all this junk is gets out of jail, that I could RP that he made the maps, and sell them to others, while in OOC I send the player a copy of one or both of the maps, whatever they decide to buy.

Oh, I might also do a little document on the various Caves and such with creatures, maybe a map with NPCs.. I'm not sure yet

So, like the idea? Can I do it? Comment please!
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

That was done before already.

If you want to do this. Just do it.

Nitram
PurpleMonkeys

Post by PurpleMonkeys »

Great, thanks.
Thurik Stronghammer

Post by Thurik Stronghammer »

My dwarf Thurik would like to buy one, he's never seen outside of Trollbane/Silverbrand.
CJK
Developer

Post by CJK »

i think the best way for you to discover Gobaith, is to wander about and explore. there is so much on the map that is best experienced by mistake, or with a friend, or something of the sort. Getting a map before you've been to most of it is like looking at the answers in the back of one of those IQ puzzle books. It takes away so much fun. From what I understand, its things like that which is why GMs lose much of the interest they had in the game as a player. Once you know it all, its almost boring. (yet another prime example of why our GMs deserve so much gratitude for their work. And dont forget the awesome devs either. :wink: )
PurpleMonkeys

Post by PurpleMonkeys »

Bah! You've ruined my evil scheme of wealth and fortune! Bah, I say!
CJK
Developer

Post by CJK »

I know! Tirrend can have people pay 30 coppers to see him drink, and 5 coppers for each mug. that way, they'd see some VERY worthwhile entertainment, and he'd make a fortune.

I'd pay to see it. I remember the 30 bottles of elven beer. :shock:
PurpleMonkeys

Post by PurpleMonkeys »

I thought it was 17 bottles of hard dwarven ale, in a row, then unconsciousness, memory loss, and back to Turtleburgerness
CJK
Developer

Post by CJK »

something like that. But i think more bottles.
rakust dorenstkzul

Post by rakust dorenstkzul »

I thought this thread would be like, us showing off our own maps of Gobaith.
Rincewind

Post by Rincewind »

Rincewind wrote:Image
...one month after start playing illarion. 8)

in southwest you are able to see trolls bane.
north silberbrand - stoneman
northeast Varshikar - sandpeople
east - swamp (i met a troll there and thougt it was a zombie... mostly killed me)
northwest - grey castle

I was so frightened to walk outside, I hired a man who actually walked with me (as a guard) to varshikar.
All in all I think the map is still good and accurate.
Enviyatar

Post by Enviyatar »

:lol: :lol: :lol: