The Green Horror

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

S'rrt

The Green Horror

Post by S'rrt »

Hi everyone. I just wanted to share a video with you that I made with a friend. The reason why I'm showing you this in General is because it somehow reminds me of Illarion's RP. We'd be glad to have some opinions and/or criticism:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCIgR3WSWe4

It was made for a contest on spoonyexperiment.com where people were asked to re-enact the fight with an enemy from the game Ultima III: Exodus. The video shall reveal exactly what that enemy is..

This was one of the winning entries btw and DAMN are we glad:
http://spoonyexperiment.com/2010/09/20/ ... -winner-2/
Youtube version of Spoony's commentary: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBpM9ta5yxM

PS. I'm the monk.
Last edited by S'rrt on Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Netsirk

Post by Netsirk »

wow that video is awesome!!!!! that looked like so much fun to make. Ill be honest at first i thought it was going to be boring...cause you said home made....lol I watched it three times!!!
Excellent Job!

you rocked that monk outfit!
Leva Beliu

A hood on a snout!

Post by Leva Beliu »

Congratulations! That was a great performance. I truly appreciated the crescendo from the third minute and on, the music the, montage, the intensity of the role-playing. Again, congratulations. It reminded me of what I think is one of the best scene from the Lord of the Rings, when Elrond's daughter confronts and dares the wraiths to cross the river that flows into Rivendell.
I guess Leva will be more in awe of S'rrt from now on!
See you IG
LB :P
PurpleMonkeys

Post by PurpleMonkeys »

I shan't touch a blade!
DO EET
:lol: I love it! It's an awesome video.. But you got defeated by the green horror D=
orgis

Post by orgis »

Couldn't find one fault pal. Really good work, quite entertaining (if thats even how you spell the word >.< )) as well :)
Llama

Post by Llama »

The awesomeness of the clip is matched only by the awesomeness of your beard.
orgis

Post by orgis »

huh, kinda reminds me of something I watched on youtube a while back.... :? damn my memory's shitty :lol:
S'rrt

Post by S'rrt »

Thanks so much for the feedback u guise. I know many.. well, all of you are saying it's flawless but come on, we want to improve in case we're doing this again (which is likely) :D

Still, we enjoy getting the positive feedback. Maybe our fantasy buddy cop-couple will return..
1d20

Post by 1d20 »

So why did I just watch a video of two weird guys fighting with grass?
Netsirk

Post by Netsirk »

lol Karl I thought the video in its self was AMAZING but im pretty sure if I had walked up to have a picnic and saw two guys sword fighting with grass and one dressed as a monk I would laugh my arse off.
which made me giggle when i thought about it during the video.
Morbius

Post by Morbius »

Hmm, i thought that was pritty epic. Few more interesting facial expressions would have gone down well :D maybe fight some long grass next time so you can actaully "kill" it, lol. Great work.
Blay

Post by Blay »

That was totally epic :P
And PO Srr't looks cool.
orgis

Post by orgis »

Well, the only thing I could say as to give some constructive criticism... the bouldish guys voice... it just sounded too funny :lol:
Perhaps working on his accent? :wink:
Anon of D'Athen

Post by Anon of D'Athen »

Yeah, other than tall(er) grass and the over dramatized Swordsman's voice,
Try to get a robe that has thicker material, just to make it look more.. period. You know, have it made of wool (Which is nice and useful after the video).
And the other is when using that type of rope for a belt, which I've done myself, it looks better if you braid it in three strands and made the ends kind of ragged.
Other than that, for what it was it was well done. Reminds of me of DnD in a way.
CJK
Developer

Post by CJK »

You........ you.......... look like jesus! I swear! xD

Awesomely epic video dude.
S'rrt

Post by S'rrt »

Hadrian_Abela wrote:The awesomeness of the clip is matched only by the awesomeness of your beard.
Thank you.
Morbius wrote:maybe fight some long grass next time so you can actaully "kill" it, lol.
We wanted to do that at first but couldn't find a good field of tall grass.
orgis wrote:the bouldish guys voice... it just sounded too funny
He likes going over-the-top like that.
ltgmkay wrote:You........ you.......... look like jesus! I swear! xD
You're about the 18th person to say that (even outside this video). Can't be too harmful looking like a messiah, I guess.

Thanks for the advice, Anon.
Elijah

Post by Elijah »

The facial expressions... were mesmerizing.