Sorry.. but this makes me laugh my head off...

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Darkshade

Sorry.. but this makes me laugh my head off...

Post by Darkshade »

heyya guys, long time no post. hanvnt had time for illa for..... forever.

Anywya, was reading stuff in the rp froum and came across some funny stuff from a time long gone. Makes me wanna scratch my eyes out for letting me read something so funneh..

http://illarion.org/community/forums/vi ... php?t=1756

:D:D:D:D:D
Kugar

Post by Kugar »

The RP was sooo much more impressive back then.
Darkshade

Post by Darkshade »

Oh please tell me thats sarcasm. please.

no! really! please!
Kugar

Post by Kugar »

:roll:.
Flux

Post by Flux »

Turny ftw.
Dyluck

Post by Dyluck »

sean wrote:ONE MORE SMART ASS REMARK LIKE THAT TAL AN U CAN KISS UR SKILLS GOODBYE
AND NO WE DONT CUASE WE NO 0 HMTL SO GO SCREW OFF WITH UR KINDERGARTEN FRIENDS NOW AND GO TO NAPPY TIME LIKE UR OTHER POST
We got no HTML... I can't stop laughing here for some reason.
Darkshade

Post by Darkshade »

lolz.. yeah i share that feeling
1d20

Post by 1d20 »

Yeah well at the rate we're going, we'll be back to that stage in about 5-6 months or so imho.
rakust dorenstkzul

Post by rakust dorenstkzul »

IT ISN'T LIKE THE GOOD OLD DAYS
Netsirk

Post by Netsirk »

YOU HURT MY FEELINGS SO IM GOING TO POST IN ALL CAPS AND YELL AT YOU OVER THE INTERNET CAUSE I CANT JUST GET THE FACT THAT THIS IS A GAME AND RL IS MORE IMPORTANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*shakes fist*
Aegohl

Post by Aegohl »

That was before the days when rp was enforced. Illarion was like a jungle back then... and most of the oldies liked it that way. That was before my time, mind you. I came shortly after the drought. The Evergreen Halflings were still stomping about Greenbriar every day and Fooser was an outlaw.

Here's one of my favorites from the olden days: http://illarion.org/community/forums/vi ... ht=misjbar
Damien

Post by Damien »

In fact, that was kinda shortly after when illarion became a bit more popular due to longer maintenance- and server-moving- unavailability on Tibia and after the breakdown of Era online 1. The stuff "really old" players liked was what we did before most of those "immigration waves", which all had positive as well as negative impacts on the community. Mass-PKers like Darkwalker etc. always pissed some people off, even though most PKers i encountered were definitely able to RP, when were in the mood for it - most of those that behaved really "ban-able" badly all the time were kids.

The Illarion "enforcement" history is a tale of change and reaction to change. Rules and enforcements were always done as a reaction to negative changes in the habit of a few or some of its players. Times felt always "better" before another rule became necessary, but that was only because the active people acted more friendly towards each another: even if using a rougher or more childish tone, there was somewhat less bitterness and much less childish intrigues and mean backtalk, and even if progress was extremely slow back then the staff always talked and voted about all type of matters in a majority-ruled way.
The main thing that older players nowadays miss in illarion is the more family-ish atmosphere that the community had back then. We still have a good bunch of that atmosphere at the illarion RL meetings, where many of those "olbies" that do not play anymore since ages still show up from time to time, except for those who have kids now.
To me, most of those that do, and some of those who don't, are known as "friends".
And if old-time-illarion as well as now-time-illarion do have one big thing in common, it is making friends all around the world, and learning the fact that people are people, no matter where on the world we are. The one big lesson we can learn from illarion besides that is that somehow, all we people can somehow get along, if we're just a little respectful and somewhat tolerant, as well as no too greedy or needy ;)

*ilarionificates silly manowar text while banging wild*

Here our players come from all around the world
Waiting in the lag to see the server die
All are logged-in here the event it is there
The lich will kick the ball, bring action to us all

We alone are gaming for pwnage that is true
We own the night to play and fight we're here with all of you
Now swear the cofee-cup's inside will never dry
Stand and play together beneath digital sky

Brothers Everywhere
Toss your mice into the air
We're playriors
Playriors of The iIlla
Like noobs who log and die
Sworn to lag and cry
We're playriors
Playriors of The iIlla...
Netsirk

Post by Netsirk »

I have taken a liking to you =}
Weird for me to actually Like a GM =/
Aegohl

Post by Aegohl »

Not sure if you're talking about me or Damien, but both of us are long-retired from our roles as GMs. We just lurk. =)
Dyluck

Post by Dyluck »

The peculiar thing I miss about those old days is the genuine motivation of the players behind the actions of the characters. As strange as it sounds, what that means is the desire to get more money, get stronger, to "win" or beat your rivals, the competition aspects, and even seeing a bit of the player's own personality behind the character. But this all seemed to fade away inevitably, when the seperation of the OOC player from the IC character grew necessary in response to "fair play" as roleplaying developed.

There was just something about knowing the motivation of the other players and having real goal-oriented characters that made some of the interactions, dealings, alliances, and disputes, all feel more genuine and more purposeful. It felt like there was one big community filled with sub-communities each pursuing actual goals and developing relations/disputes along the way during the actual process, rather than doing everything just for the sake of acting out a performance. It felt easy to keep playing for the sake of a quantifiable goal, and interactions felt more like they were with a real person, whether it was a friend or an enemy.

I also miss when fighting against others felt like an actual competition, where it required strategy and experience from the player. Although things like invisible snipers, 2 shielded mages, and other technical abuses were annoying, there was a sense of satisfaction in being able to use my experience and skills to detect, avoid, prevent, and even overcome such situations. I liked how you could attack by surprise or lay a trap, or even fall into one, and have to actually try furiously to use everything in your ability to kill, survive, or escape, in such situations, without being restrained by too many "non-technical" rules of battle.

But eventually of course, the culture developed in a direction that was more suitable for the "acting" aspect of a roleplaying game, as well as the survival of new players.
Netsirk

Post by Netsirk »

Aegohl wrote:Not sure if you're talking about me or Damien, but both of us are long-retired from our roles as GMs. We just lurk. =)

I twas talking about you but Damien isnt that bad either ;) *pats*
Damien

Post by Damien »

Hmmm.. we could open the society of lurking ex-GMs. :lol:
rakust dorenstkzul

Post by rakust dorenstkzul »

Netsirk

Post by Netsirk »

wow Damien was such a nurb :shock: :D
Aegohl

Post by Aegohl »

When did Damien stop being a nurb? =D
Netsirk

Post by Netsirk »

:o YOU GOT BURNED!

*runs and hides behind Aegohl*
Damien

Post by Damien »

Who doesn't start as a nurb... even in that freakin' RL game ! But you can't complain or ask anyone there cause you don't have that friggin' languague skill yet :P
Netsirk

Post by Netsirk »

I.....dont...understand
Damien

Post by Damien »

RL = that one silly game with both the best graphical solution and realism a game ever had ! But both story and many players reeeally suck all the way down to hell . Most of the community are so full of themselves that they totally forgot what that game's goals really are about, so they keep wasting play time by senseless quarrels, overdone boasting for ego-brushing-purposes and becoming the richest, or they start getting annoyed and grumpy because they can't afford to buy the newest fashion items.
They let you start as baby characters there and you cannot speak nor even walk for a year or two, and the silly skill system they use blocks most of your communication cause the only way you have to communicate with a mother languague skill below 10 is pressing a poor choice of buttons marked "cry", "smile", "giggle", "kick", "senseless babble" and "fart".
Netsirk

Post by Netsirk »

Damien wrote:reeeally suck all the way down to hell ..
LOL I giggled. XD