About using !gm

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Flux

About using !gm

Post by Flux »

When there's no gm about, and you report a bug, it makes it much more difficult to contact you about it.

Rather than !gming when you find a bug, please can you repeat it to Mantis? Or if that's too much effort for you at least post on the forum about it.

I know we already have a sticky about this but it seems lots of people are recently completely ignoring it.

Thanks.
Damien

Post by Damien »

That's because no average game player person wants to learn how to handle the mantis. Such tools are better accepted by pro's who know how incredibly practical those are. people who are inexperienced with such a tool will always prefer simpler methods of input, i.e. !gm, which is quite simple.

Suggestion : Add some "report a bug" - button in the game that either feeds a line of text input into some bug collector thing, or make it at least open a standard browser link with the illamantis-url. The latter might lure at least a few people into trying to figure it out and report there.
Flux

Post by Flux »

It's simple to use !gm, but it's the least helpful thing ever.

They're never at all specific, if we're not there at the time we have no easy way of getting back to them, and we are mere gms, we understand nothing about bugs. You may as well completely ignore the existence of a bug than !gm for all the good it does. As I said, at least post in the forum. Someone else can put it into Mantis from there.
Aegohl

Post by Aegohl »

Mantis isn't any more difficult to operate than this message board.
Damien

Post by Damien »

Of course not, but a user usually uses to use useable use-things he used to know.
Or those that operate with a single mouse-click.
;)
1d20

Post by 1d20 »

Here's how it is:

The devs want the players to report bugs. The players don't care more than that much.

The players aren't satisfied/don't find convenient/don't like using Mantis.

The players are lazy and will thusly not bother to report said bugs until you accomodate them with a simpler way to report the bugs.

"The players" herein is a dirty generalisation.
Flux

Post by Flux »

I just said USE THE FORUM.

Using the forum is beyond NOONE. Post your bugs in technical, and I will then post them to Mantis. Wherein lies the problem?
nmaguire

Post by nmaguire »

where can i find the forum
Damien

Post by Damien »

There does not be a problem, but the truth in Karl's (and mmaguire's) words is : you will always encounter people who are too lazy to log out and use the forum to report a bug. :D
Flux

Post by Flux »

Then they may as well not bother even !gming, because it's useless. It's not worth trying to follow up a vague notification from someone who might not even be logged in when the message is received.
Llama

Post by Llama »

!gm a person with numbers on his head is irritating me