Druids

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Tanistian_Kanea

Druids

Post by Tanistian_Kanea »

Could someone please inform me, the player, of some of the new druid stuff by private message. I have heard of some new potions and stuff around. This is NOT in character knowledge so please don't tell me to find out in game. Also am not looking for anything highly detailed, general stuff only. Thank you
Grim_banned

Post by Grim_banned »

Hello there :)

You are right, no need for find out IG, but there are 2 (?) books at the druid's house next to the Eldan Monastery that will bring a bit of light over the subject.

On the question of mechanics..
You need a kettle, bottles and a crap load of plants. Oh and gem dust to finish potions. What you do is, hold kettle in belt (i know, right?! :P ) and bottle and plant in hand. Shift Click kettle and the plant gets added to the bottle.
Each plant contains 2 different substances, each potion needing a specific combo of those. But those are well kept IG secrets ;)
Tanistian_Kanea

will see what the books contain, if they have what i think than that is all i was looking for
Shandariel el Lysanthrai

Post by Shandariel el Lysanthrai »

And be carefull with the scrolls you will find the same place the books are. Reading them will give you informations about potion receipts, aslong as you are a druid and possessing research, but at the same time it will lower one of your skills. any skills can be lowered by reading them. Which skill will be decided by chance each time.
Tanistian_Kanea

thanks for the warning.
H.Banestone

Post by H.Banestone »

Is it possible to start mixing herbs by experimenting without reading the recipes / lowering skills?
wolfsword

Post by wolfsword »

H.Banestone wrote:Is it possible to start mixing herbs by experimenting without reading the recipes / lowering skills?
Yes. I think some people have made potions (Good ones too) without even looking to the library. Though it'll take longer, of course.
Kevin Lightdot

Post by Kevin Lightdot »

I made a tiny-ness potion all by my self. :P
It's a gnomes revenge upon mankind.

Anyway, it's mostly a lot of trying.
Once you learn what certain elements do in your potions combined with certain gems you can start mixing them up.