lizard's tongue

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Flux

Post by Flux »

Flux's answer: Who cares?
Kranek

Post by Kranek »

Flux wrote:Flux's answer: Who cares?
Bad answer. Would Flux answer the same way to the following question: Do humans have 3 arms?
Flux

Post by Flux »

Rather a fallacious reductio ad absurdum there.

No, but I would answer the same thing to:
Can dwarves have blue eyes?

3 arms = significant.
Split tongue = Play it if you want to, does it matter?
Kranek

Post by Kranek »

He asked, so it seems to matter to him.
"Who cares" is NOT the polite answer he asked for.
"It's open to choose for the PO" would be a good answer from a GM.
At least, that is my oppinion.
Kevin Lightdot

Post by Kevin Lightdot »

Who cares is like the biggest insult ever mens. :lol:
Grim_banned

Post by Grim_banned »

Magdha Tiefenerz wrote:
Grim wrote:Why dont you PM a GM then, instead of opening sensless discussions?
Jupiter wrote:I thought maybe other players would like to know it also. If they don't care for an answer, they just don't have to read it.
Ok, let me rectify... how about asking a GM and THEN posting for all that care to read the decision, instead of opening sensless discussions?
Magdha Tiefenerz

Post by Magdha Tiefenerz »

Well, I like the answer from Flux. Don't get me wrong, I like it if a lizardman is played with a split/forked tounge and lisps and uses a lot of hissing sounds but I think it is nothing worth imposing on a player.
Kranek

Post by Kranek »

Magdha Tiefenerz wrote:Well, I like the answer from Flux. Don't get me wrong, I like it if a lizardman is played with a split/forked tounge and lisps and uses a lot of hissing sounds but I think it is nothing worth imposing on a player.
Kranek wrote: "It's open to choose for the PO" would be a good answer from a GM.
At least, that is my oppinion.
Flux

Post by Flux »

I'm sorry for giving an honest answer, next time I will try:

Split tongues is an extremely important issue to all the staff, we are running an in depth investigation into the past of illarion now and then running a poll as to whether this should be the case, having asked our background experts whether it suitably fits to provide you the perfect answer to your question.

It doesn't matter. It's not worth making a topic about. Just rp that if you feel like rping it. The worst thing is having a load of unwritten rules, so people can start ooc whining at each other for not roleplaying their lizard with a specifically shaped tongue. Why does it matter?
Kevin Lightdot

Post by Kevin Lightdot »

Durrr, people are overreacting.

Jupiter
Developer

Post by Jupiter »

Thanks for your rude and unhelpful answer, Flux. Next time, just say that you don't care to answer a player's question.

Like Kranke wrote: I do care. And not for playing a lizard btw.

Don't worry, I will not bother to ask again.
Kranek

Post by Kranek »

Flux wrote:I'm sorry for giving an honest answer, next time I will try:

Split tongues is an extremely important issue to all the staff, we are running an in depth investigation into the past of illarion now and then running a poll as to whether this should be the case, having asked our background experts whether it suitably fits to provide you the perfect answer to your question.

It doesn't matter. It's not worth making a topic about. Just rp that if you feel like rping it. The worst thing is having a load of unwritten rules, so people can start ooc whining at each other for not roleplaying their lizard with a specifically shaped tongue. Why does it matter?
You didnt get what i wanted to say, did ya?
Velisai

Post by Velisai »

More lolsharks please.
Flux

Post by Flux »

I do get what you want to say.

You somehow think that saying "Who cares?" is an unreasonable response. It wasn't hostile, it was simply stated. "Who cares?" should surely give a clear indication that it doesn't matter, therefore, as you managed to interpret, it is fairly logical to assume that you can therefore play it however you like.

And Merung: If you don't even want to play a lizard, why do you care about lizard tongues? Some weird ingredient in druidry, or do you just want the ability to correct people's "mistaken" rp about their tongues?
Last edited by Flux on Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

Locked.

Please limit replies to constructive, informative and mature posts. If you want to post anything useful, PM me to unlock the topic. For anything else, use PMs.