Helping out

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Arvemor

Helping out

Post by Arvemor »

Hey...I just realised I'm using 3ds max at uni... isn't that what's being used for the update? I'm pretty new to it, but I can model things okay (and I wouldn't be offended if my nooby stuff wasn't used :) )
I haven't really done uv mapping yet or textures, but I will be soon.
What stuff could I attempt to help out with? I really need the practice, so this is something I'm more likely to be reliable with.
Arvemor

Post by Arvemor »

Okay, this took 3 mins to do:

As you can see, it wasn't made by pixar. But these are only going to be textured and saved as images for use in sprites, right? I'm still pretty nooby at this (I think I have a couple of 5-sided polys in there, which will make uv-unwrapping a bitch later), but I'm willing to learn.

*EDIT* Oh look, a bow!Image
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

Arvemor

Post by Arvemor »

Crap...Maya, and not 3ds? I was sure someone was using this for the characters and such...
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

You can use whatever you want, even blender. The instructions are just written down for Maya as example / guideline. If you think you can contribute to Illarion, feel free to contact martin: martin@illarion.org