OOC, Tigers and Bears, Oh My!

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Aerinia

OOC, Tigers and Bears, Oh My!

Post by Aerinia »

Member(s) of Staff wrote:OOC should be avoided generaly. If it can't be avoided (you are showing a program bug to a programmer for instance), keep it as short as possible and do it in a place, where no other characters are roleplaying. Additionally mark your OOC sentences to avoid missunderstandings. Mark them by placing the sentence in brackets or add "OOC: " in front. ( "((If I click here with the mouse, it crashes))" or "OOC: I must leave"). If the OOC talk involves only two persons it should be whispered (add a "#w" in front of the sentence), to avoid interrupting other players.
Not in any way trying to point fingers, play the blame game, start mad chaos or be the overall grump / typical "hall-monitor" type by posting this here as I'm pretty new to this game myself but I've noticed the same people doing the opposite of what's posted above ingame lately, even despite my "please keep announced OOC to a minimum" request. So I just thought I'd just post this as a way to especially remind and prove a point to one particular individual especially who tried to argue with me about it later OOC (despite the fact my char was ignoring that person for a reason) that yes, you SHOULD whisper between two persons and ONLY use it IF YOU HAVE TOO, which clearly wasn't the case to what I witnessed today. I never see anybody use OOC to discuss a bug or anything like that when I do see it. It's especially frustrating when you're trying to backtrack what somebody said to your character and you have to pass through three lines of random and pointless OOC...grr.
Alexander Knight

Post by Alexander Knight »

One gold goes to whoever claims her head :)
Arvemor

Post by Arvemor »

I'm an offender...not in this particular case, but I think she's right. Plus, she has Padme as her profile picture. Whatever she says now carries weight in my mind. Padme rocks...

Oh, er...back on topic. Yes, people often talk about stuff...perhaps because they don't want to wait, to maybe post it on the forums...I've seen a few people go ((OMG)) and ((rofl XD)) when Krazen happens to do something particularly stupid. Not that I mind. It's just the rules.
Llama

Post by Llama »

If you have any problem with people breaking the game rules, you should !GM or send a private message to your favourite GM and they'll look into this.

And Alex, your bordeline OOC unfunny 'jokes' don't really help the situation at all. It gives a bad impression of the game if a new player happened to stumble upon the post.
rakust dorenstkzul

Post by rakust dorenstkzul »

Great thing to do is just keep going on in character, they'll get the hint.
Alexander Knight

Post by Alexander Knight »

Or just "((Cut OOC))". Trust me they will listen. I am a repeat offender on this one due to playing late at night and generally messing about have having a good old banter OOC.

I agree some situations does call for being IC only but others can be just as fun OOC.

Alex Rose, place link to teachings her for good OOC banter
Kevin Lightdot

Post by Kevin Lightdot »

^ Alex fan
Damien

Post by Damien »

OOC happens. To everyone. If it becomes too much of a habit ingame, reminders are necessary. If that still doesnt help, GMs will ban people.
Better to listen to that reminder ! ;)
Jerico Aslaniz

Post by Jerico Aslaniz »

I R LUV DA TITLE.

-Sorry, had to put it. Not many good titles these days for stuff like this! :D
Wyrda

Post by Wyrda »

The titles my favorite part too. ^_^