How many of the magic teachers are still active?

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Milo Bottoms

Post by Milo Bottoms »

I rather like the idea that it is difficult and takes time to learn magic. The fact that one must find a player to teach you was one of the things that attracted me to this game to begin with. Also the fact that most of the ingame content was mainly player generated. Very different from others where you pop into the world with magic pouring out of your fingertips. Nothing more annoying than walking into town and running into a crowd of people that are all magic types with spells banging off the walls so thick you have to duck every ten seconds. I suppose it is frustrating for wannabe wizards who have to chase after teachers but the whole system is being revamped I think?
I'm sure when the VBU comes there will be wannabe Clerics screaming how hard it is to get spells also. I enjoy the fact that the magic to non-magic player ratio is low.
Rekarafi

Post by Rekarafi »

There is not much more to be said then "/sign"

Exactly my thought.
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

Hadrian did I ever ~say~ that the current system is good, it has nice points, but should I remind you that you got a teachable char and you still don't teach, anyone, or you might now and haven't done so for the past years. I simply said whats true..having alternativv chars or just having a mage char as a second char won't get you any attention..ever, true or?
The VBU might still be what..months..years away..we get no information so it could be two months, six months or longer, so if you want someone to teach you untill than you got to follow some "hints".

Furhermore many mages have something else to past the time, make some craft, make some friends, hell most of the time I log in the game to skill i meet someone....and most of the time I try to rp I end up skilling *cough* but anyway, saying a mage can't be played because he has no teacher is silly.
Tanistian_Kanea

Post by Tanistian_Kanea »

Faladron wrote: But why on earth do you people ridicule and bash a new player with more than decent typing and grammar, knowledgable on how to express himself and definately an enrichment to the community?

Ask yourselves this in all honesty: Do I fear loosing the status of "big fish in the pond" once this game would start to attract a bigger crowd and thus try everything I can to keep the status quo where Illarion is a smelly old backwater pond that only some people bother to play because I am one of those that excell over them?
i wouldn't. mind i'm more like the weird mutated bird that only visits on occasion but meh.
Pellandria wrote:Long ridiculous rant
Do you ever realize the consequences of what you write before you write it? or even afterwards for that matter? I am going to give you the same suggestion Alexander Knight has been given about proposals. Write what you want. save it. come back in a few hours and reread before you post.
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

Tanistan ..do you already know the fact that every time you write something about the mage system ..it turns out that you have actually no idea of it, fail to understand even the simplest connections and even after explaining you the stuff again and again you completely fail to process the informations you were told or shall I remind you of this awfully natural magic room idea that would have had no impact on the game and still after days and posts explaining the situation you still kept on hinting towards it.

Its just natural that you would disgrace someone explanation as a rant, if you do not understand the basics of it.

Now I do not even blame you for that, because in Illarion you got to use a system to understand it, lets take my knowledge about the druid system, I know there are 6 different "basic" components, each can be combined to..uhh I think up to 6 different "masses" in the liquied and each herb adds or substracts a certain basic component, so each combination of those six components with the different masses inside of the potion create a different potion. Furthermore I know some possible reactions to the potions as transforming into creatures and races, as well as a manabomb(depleting mana) and a better version of the gynkfire, but that's it, I know no recipes and not what the herbs do, thus I do not know how the druid system really works.

The same is it with you and the mana system and everything around it, you gathered pieces of knowledge here and there, that are basicly to fractured to add to the whole picture, so you add stuff in between them to make you believe you understand the system, but it only results in failed interpretation.
Now I ask you friendly to take a friendly approach towards my posts or just not regard or answer on them, thank you.
Zot

Post by Zot »

I guess everything has been said.