Holy Symbols

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Llama

Holy Symbols

Post by Llama »

All the demons running around and all the priests coming out of the woodwork gave me a good idea.

Its just a group of jewelry items, which do absolutely nothing except look pretty (although when pharse finishes his priest magic system in 3050 it could be useful). Its just something cool to have I guess.

So the idea is that there are

"Symbols of []"

Which are symbols around a chain, made out of something simple - a holy symbol around a copper-coloured chain.

Then there are

"Holy Symbols of []"

Which look just like the other one, except they look golden instead (using a filter) - and need more resources to make

Then, a group for the elder gods only "Relic of []" - which would require pure X and merinium to make. Graphics are same as above except that it glows in the middle.

and finally

"Artifact of the five gods" which would be the single most expensive and rare-resource thing around IG. Perfect as a quest thingy.

Advantages:

More roleplay :)
More stuff to waste money on
Something nice to get in a god-related quest
Give some love to the goldsmiths - right now you need to be a masochist to skill it up.

Disadvantages:

Someone needs to make them. But they should be SIMPLE to make, so I think they wouldn't take too long. *looks at karl*

Discuss.
Kevin Lightdot

Post by Kevin Lightdot »

You already have people running around "I'm immune to demons cause of xyz(Or just because the demons arn't blatantly going to pk someone for obvious reasons) now I'm going to annoy the shit out of them instead of either trying to engage in anything to try and scare em off or run away myself."
Djironnyma

Post by Djironnyma »

I think there is a general mistake going around. Just because something is "holy" it doesn't mean that every daemon/undead/tax-inspector will be scared by and run away.

Indeed i fight fire with water - but if i spitting to a forest fire there nothing happen. Same it is with holy artefacts/grounds. With a simple holy Symbol you could maybe keep a mummy away or scar a very less daemon - but a real daemon would care a shit about and just eat it. Otherwise a great temple, where much followers of a (god) good pray often and a priest hold regular mass in is a save place against nearly any kind of daemon and the most of them would be explode instant if they enter.