Question regarding change for death recuperation

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Faladron

Question regarding change for death recuperation

Post by Faladron »

Is this triggered by monster death and death by other player in the same way?

I.e. after an unsucessful hunt of monster x I'm resting in town.
Someone lures a golem into town, I die again = I'm penalized with higher recuperation time?

Also I believe this rule needs good advertising somewhere (either the newbie boards or some other prominent place).
If it's triggered by monsters you might have some very puzzled newbies that tried to fight monster x more than once after dieing
and dieing repeatedly, getting penalized and not even knowing what's happening.

Even I had to be nudged towards the news and wouldn't have seen the change by myself.

------------------------------------------------------

Kurze Frage ob die neue Erholungszeit und dessen Anstieg bei mehreren Toden gleichermaßen durch Tod durch Monster und Tod durch Spieler ausgelöst werden.
Aereon

Post by Aereon »

I don't get it, what has changed exactly?
Llama

Post by Llama »

Aereon wrote:I don't get it, what has changed exactly?
http://illarion.org/general/us_news.php
Estralis Seborian

Re: Question regarding change for death recuperation

Post by Estralis Seborian »

Faladron wrote:Is this triggered by monster death and death by other player in the same way?
It is not triggered by death, but by resurrection. And the resurrection NPC (known as YELLOW CROSS - colourful pillar) has no idea why you died.

Actually, if a character dies, the penalties are very obvious and I doubt newbies will be that confused about this.

You can be sure that we're constantly working on the whole process of resurrection and that this update won't be the last. In the end, I am 100% sure resurrection will be much, much more convenient than now.
Faladron

Post by Faladron »

Questions answered, thank you!
pharse

Re: Question regarding change for death recuperation

Post by pharse »

Estralis Seborian wrote:
Faladron wrote:Is this triggered by monster death and death by other player in the same way?
It is not triggered by death, but by resurrection. And the resurrection NPC (known as YELLOW CROSS - colourful pillar) has no idea why you died.
Exactly.

It also just raises the time for the attributes and max health to restore. Nothing else changes.
Kranek

Post by Kranek »

Meine erste Reaktion auf die Änderung:
Nice!
Zweite Reaktion:
Verdammt...sind eigentlich ALLE Kreuze vor NPCs (auch Fernkampf/Magier-NPCs) sicher?
Faladron

Post by Faladron »

Okay!

So all we have to do is
stayin' alive.
pharse

Post by pharse »

Well, at least I'm still alive.
Rincewind

Post by Rincewind »

Kranek wrote: Verdammt...sind eigentlich ALLE Kreuze vor NPCs (auch Fernkampf/Magier-NPCs) sicher?
Ich glaube und hab schon erzählt bekommen, das magier und fernkämpfer im Kreuzbereich einfach reinschießen... weiß nicht ob sich da seit dem was geändert hat.

jedenfalls würd ich da aufpassen.
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

Richtig, daher empfiehlt es sich, beim Wiederbeleben den gesunden Monsterverstand nicht außer acht zu lassen; Monster können nur das angreifen, was sie sehen. Wer daher in kürzester Entfernung zum Monster wiederbelebt, der darf sich nicht wundern, wenns nochmal was auf die Rübe gibt.

Monster werden von Kreuzen zurückgeworfen bzw. abgewiesen, daher ist es kein Problem, sich außerhalb der Reichweite eines Monsters wiederzubeleben. Wenn das Monster z.B. im Süden steht, nähert man sich in aller Ruhe von Norden her dem Kreuz anstatt blindlings draufzu zu laufen.

Wie bereits geschrieben: Der derzeitige Zustand ist noch nicht der Endzustand und dieser wird mit Sicherheit jeden zufriedenstellen. Mehr dazu nach dem nächsten Update.
H.Banestone

Post by H.Banestone »

Ooooh! I like this change! Even love it!

Now, is there any ways to also address the keys problems? Roleplaying dependecy on mysterious "builders" who make keys for everyone is kind of... throwing the atmosphere away. (sorry for off topic)
Kranek

Post by Kranek »

H.Banestone wrote:Ooooh! I like this change! Even love it!

Now, is there any ways to also address the keys problems? Roleplaying dependecy on mysterious "builders" who make keys for everyone is kind of... throwing the atmosphere away. (sorry for off topic)
Why? just pretend that Key-making is a mysterious and secret craftmenship...and problem is solved ;)
H.Banestone

Post by H.Banestone »

Aaargh! Hurts... my... brain!!...
maryday

Post by maryday »

Mouinee tooos!*Bangs the head against the wall.*

---
As we have no thief-system, those key problems might be simply solved by OC-restricting the theft of keys,
without the concerning lock-owner (person or group) and/or a seer/GM allowing the posession of the key.
Stealing keys sucks.

---

IMO: No problem with death penalties.
*Wonders if there is some affliction system in work currently.*
Whub be`as a`pnd tas porosoapal bord thingie, uhmm`rm . . .hurgh!?
Latest post: Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:46 am