Illarion Fat Camp Quest Idea

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Orioli

Illarion Fat Camp Quest Idea

Post by Orioli »

Hey I have a really great idea!
Many players have fat characters and in the VBU they will appear fat. Lets do a Quest for The Biggest Illarion Loser and run a small fat camp. Teach proper diet for the race and make them exercise too. Then at the end they can get a reset of their weight and some help making sure they are thin. Maybe even a prize for having lost the most goes to someone. Any GM interested? Any players?~Orioli
Mesha

Post by Mesha »

Players made themselves fat => their problem

If you feel that the fat/not-fat ratio is wrong, please tell us.

Mesha
Llama

Post by Llama »

Mesha wrote:If you feel that the fat/not-fat ratio is wrong, please tell us.
I think the ratio is wrong. Does it take strenght as a factor? Does it take race? Dwarves are denser than elves.

I also wish there was a "Fat" "Not fat" [size=0]American - yes its a joke. Laugh.[/size] thing while making the character.
Orioli

Post by Orioli »

Aww Just looking to introduce a fun little Quest.. :(
Llama

Post by Llama »

Being fat in that time period was actually seen as being a good thing. While you have people dying of hunger, you eat, and eat more than you actually need to. You're rich! Until you died of heart disease at least, but meh.
Mesha

Post by Mesha »

Hadrian_Abela wrote:Being fat in that time period was actually seen as being a good thing. While you have people dying of hunger, you eat, and eat more than you actually need to. You're rich! Until you died of heart disease at least, but meh.
...but meh. People usually died before that anyway.

*fixed*
Orioli

Post by Orioli »

I guess but illarion of course mixes then and now. And a side note is that American's don't necessarily do the kg to lbs conversion correctly and may make their character fat accidently *points to myself* I dont see the problem with making some fun if people wanted to. *sigh*

*gets up after having 'big floppy feet' stomp on her and wanders off into her 'worth-nothing' life again*
Shandariel el Lysanthrai

Post by Shandariel el Lysanthrai »

Sadly there are some failures in the ratio. i made an orcess with lowest height and weight and few strength and stamina. and surprise...she looks fat <_<

So not all players made their chars fat on purpose ;)
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

It's the lowest height like 3 feet?
Juliana D'cheyne

Post by Juliana D'cheyne »

I think ALL orcess look "fat" according to the description, maybe a bug?
orgis

Post by orgis »

Hmm if there was a way to fix seredocs weight to lighten the fat bugger up I'd take it :D didn't mean tomake him fat either :x
Sandro Arcanum

Post by Sandro Arcanum »

orgis wrote:Hmm if there was a way to fix seredocs weight to lighten the fat bugger up I'd take it :D didn't mean tomake him fat either :x
Come on! Serry must be fat! Otherwise he wont be fun anymore
orgis

Post by orgis »

I know, but hes too fast to be a wee pudding :lol:
Velisai

Post by Velisai »

I also wish there was a "Fat" "Not fat" thing while making the character.
Yes, please.
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

So surely taking a 3 foot character in the first place is an absolutely ridiculously stupid thing to do unless you're rping a really young child char.
Orioli

Post by Orioli »

AlexRose wrote:So surely taking a 3 foot character in the first place is an absolutely ridiculously stupid thing to do unless you're rping a really young child char.

:shock: How insensitive.., it's a medical condition, you never heard of dwarfism?! Many perfectly normal people are less than 3 feet you know! :P
Cain Freemont

Post by Cain Freemont »

And what about those sorry few who lost both legs in a tragic accident, or during a war? Poor stumpy people, hobbling painfully around on two thick nubs.
Arvemor

Post by Arvemor »

I don't know how many times I and Morbius have been trying to create a character of the right height and weight.
((How bout now?))
#o Nope, you're still fat, and you're really tall.
((smile!))
#o Just try again, I'll wait in the library.
((This is so gay))

And on it goes...How about instead of kgs and metres, a short, tall average and a skinny, average fat?

EDIT

I just realised I can't type a certain curse word. However, let it be know that "Smile!" is not what is written in our conversations.
HeXiS

Post by HeXiS »

Whipser is not CHUNKY!!! and unless hes 7 foot he never looks any thing but plump... but um.. yeah i gaged his weight by a real person i know who IS 4' even and she not fat... she's petite.. i dunno..i don't really care if hes chunky now he's childlike and thus should be rather plump. at some point he hopes to be tall again. and less Doll sized..lol

any who i have no real comment on good quest bad quest but i do think that there should be a way to see the description before you save should be there..

or maybe a once a year adjustment allowance like what the birth date thing came out.. so you could make adjustments to hight and weight as the years pass. or leave them the same if you're cursed like Whisper.

so maby some script of some kind in the site like "on birthday send email " it's this character's birthday please come confirm or change your weight and height" if theres a way to do that that'd be nifty course you could also have it do that itself if an option were checked so the character grows as it ages and just have the weight be adjusted by the player.. we get older why not taller.

*ok this is longer than i planed*
Alsaya

Post by Alsaya »

Well the problem of most fat chars is, that strength is calculated into the ratio. So either you're fat, normal or athletic with the same height, weight but with different strength attribute

@the usual: Stop spamming already!
PopQuiz

Post by PopQuiz »

Alsaya wrote:Well the problem of most fat chars is, that strength is calculated into the ratio. So either you're fat, normal or athletic with the same height, weight but with different strength attribute

@the usual: Stop spamming already!
I am sorry but I have a High strength attribute. I stand 6 foot and weigh 192 lbs. Clearly a muscular structure should have been observed. Yet I am listed as chubby. My build would, in a human body, equate to a bodybuilder. Therefore I call fail, on the ratio in place.
Llama

Post by Llama »

I have a better idea.

Why not remove the weight entirely. Its not like it makes much of a difference anyway. If I want to create a fat person I will just...

#me is a chubby person, he has flaps of fat dangling over his clothes.

Simple.

There are a few cases where mechanics and roleplay face off against each other. Given that the weight is static, and that:

1. it can be roleplayed
2. Most characters are fat because they misused/misunderstood the weights or the ratios are incorrect.

I propose that its removed.
Olaf Tingvatn

Post by Olaf Tingvatn »

my new orc character is 1,19 and weighs 90 kg...just wondering why a orc is randomly set to 1.10, ors so, and 120 kg.. and yeah the minimum weight for a orc shouldnt be 90 kg. 60-70 kg should be the minimum weight for orcs! >,< and if you feel like being seen as muscular, chop some trees or mine a little :)
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Orioli wrote:
AlexRose wrote:So surely taking a 3 foot character in the first place is an absolutely ridiculously stupid thing to do unless you're rping a really young child char.

:shock: How insensitive.., it's a medical condition, you never heard of dwarfism?! Many perfectly normal people are less than 3 feet you know! :P
Dwarves are another race in illarion.

And dwarves are NOT normal, by definition. They are not mainstream. Over half of the population are not dwarves. They are not normal.
Orioli

Post by Orioli »

AlexRose wrote:
Orioli wrote:

Dwarves are another race in illarion.

And dwarves are NOT normal, by definition. They are not mainstream. Over half of the population are not dwarves. They are not normal.
Do you think you can explain mainstream to me? Does it look like you? Talk like you? Feel and act like you? Maybe that is your mainstream. It isn't the only one.
rakust dorenstkzul

Post by rakust dorenstkzul »

Orioli wrote:Do you think you can explain mainstream to me? Does it look like you? Talk like you? Feel and act like you? Maybe that is your mainstream. It isn't the only one.
You go girl!
Dangron

Post by Dangron »

*claps for Orioli*
Llama

Post by Llama »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOcyYyxqN_g

Why are we discussing dwarfism?

Mainstream means "The most common thing"
Orioli

Post by Orioli »

Hadrian_Abela wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOcyYyxqN_g

Why are we discussing dwarfism?

Mainstream means "The most common thing"
OMG that was so awesome.. Love the Llama!!
Arvemor

Post by Arvemor »

Can we keep talking about the fat thing? Somehow I get the feeling this is why we aren't allowed to use the proposals board anymore.