All time great RP's

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Alexander Knight

All time great RP's

Post by Alexander Knight »

Here you can post some of the people who have kept you playing when you get bored, people who keep you up long into the night and make you smile

Note: This is NOT a "Whose RP did you like today?" topic. this is a mean to tell who's RP you like from when you started playing.
Alexander Knight

*Edited lower down the list.*
Last edited by Alexander Knight on Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Triton

Post by Triton »

Thanks to:

Shara
Guir
Persus
Josy
Annouka
Rowan
Topf
Ashayen
Cassandra
Pellandria
Thorwald
Garon
Magnus
Pranck

and everybody i forgot.
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

In chronological order:

Kevin Lightdot
Emily Xahep
Marie Tolong
Liles
Athian Corulas
Alica Rothman
Jon Childs
Lance Thunnigan
Kazar e'Bordan
Thariel Feuersturm
Marco Fallohide
William Greye
Retlak
Arameh
Aokan Folkbjorn
Alli Zelos
Gildon de Vymont
Avalyon el'Hattarr
Cawdor
Edgtho Hlayn
Szrensor
Dusty Bottoms
Silas Farron
Dominic Fisher
Nerisella Shortankard
Pellandria
Grivijak
Aeridor Isthil
Magnus Magnol
Evan Ross
Aerandi Cuthalion
Kawako Tao
Isabelle Glave
Seregon
Rukka Skullbasher
"Starling"
Roland Ross
Vivian Lutan
Tann Vyri
Kenneth Ladrus

Notable mentions (who didn't have that much interaction with Will but if they did they'd probably be up there):
Soraja Scaramush
Drathe Blue
Jeremy Willowbrook
Faladron Furnir
Fooser
Alkuurg Bloodburner
Stephen Rothman
Gort Greegog
Misjbar Mehialho
Ephraim
Amras Seregon
Drex Thaendrak
Hazral Thorison
Duchan an Infarion
Dain Laiden
Hadrian
Taeryon Silverlight
Edward Cromwell
Verdazar
Christopher Rigden
Blake Thorpe

Sorry if I forgot you :/ . Too many chars.

A shout out to Brelogar too for the best quest char :P
Last edited by AlexRose on Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1d20

Post by 1d20 »

Thorpe your face.
Kevin Lightdot

Post by Kevin Lightdot »

AlexRose wrote:In chronological order:

Kevin Lightdot
Emily Xahep
Liles
Good tiemz
Darkshade

Post by Darkshade »

Alexander Knight- I hated Illarion till the day i met you. No-one i talked to was actually role playing. Although i hadnt talked to many yet. You introduced me to people and to TRUE roleplaying. Your awsome man thanks for helping me stay in illarion even if you didnt realise it.

Cealianna- You really helped develop my char without meeting you in ghost form Ksiksin would just be another lizardess being forced into stupid religeos beliefs by Ssar`ney. XD

Ssar`ney - For intro ducing me to stupid religeos Beliefs of the lizard people. If i hadnt met you i would probably not understand what in the hell the godess is. PRAISE ZE GODDESS!

Squire Tirrend Skye((or if you r not a squire anymore sorry))- Thanx for befriending Barthax! Ksiksin didnt have enough backround till i developed Barthax! and you are the one who really interacts with Barthax! YOU ARE AWSOME DUDE KEEP UP THE AWSOME ROLE PLAYING WORK!
Zha'rashk

Post by Zha'rashk »

Ahahahaha, I can't believe Alex put me on the list xD
Kenneth Ladrus

Post by Kenneth Ladrus »

AlexRose wrote:In chronological order:
Kenneth Ladrus
Awesome times, man. ;)

Here are my best rp-guys whatever (not in any order ;)):
William Elderberry
Pellandria
Siltaris
Munalunder
Ashayen
Dominic Fisher
Dain Laiden
Christopher Ridgen
Johann Brown
Taeryon Silverlight
Julius Rothman
Retlak
Dariya Badami
Katarine von Maibach
Darius Kain
Rowan Daratir
Andril
Ogerawa Kyoichiro

Thanks for great memories guys!
And sorry if I forgot someone!
Q-wert

Post by Q-wert »

Sadly there were only few chars that really inspired me to sit down and improve my rp.
Those were (not really in order):

Gryphius
who did one of the best roleplay and story-writing I have ever seen,

Kadiya
when she was still a bard and wrote great poems/songs,

Ascius,
the most authentic Salk-commander, better than the Prince and his followers,

Graalsh,
the sweet, but not quite successful fanatic lizard missionary,

and Solvarr
as only new one, but am not yet sure about him.

And Dji,
who does cool magic-stuff, more than *fire,fire,boom*.
Kadiya

Post by Kadiya »

Q-wert wrote: Kadiya
when she was still a bard and wrote great poems/songs,
Uh...that was really a long time ago...

..but yeah, it was a great rp-time :)
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

omg I nearly forgot Rankor Deathronk!

And Deuce!
Pterry

Post by Pterry »

One word: Lesska!
Sssari

Post by Sssari »

There's far to many to remember, but I'll try to recount them all, both characters and specific RPs that come to mind. If I miss anyone, I'm sorry, and I'll expand this list as more come back to me...

Any character played by PO Misha, every single one was unique and beyond interesting. Really, I've probably RPed with you more then everyone else combined.
:D

Logrin Parr, another seriously enduring character that's been strangely absent for too long :(
Anyone need but read a certain book in the Bane library to knows what I'm talking about. That character has proven instrumental to the development of Sssari since day one.

Eli Travinus, another great long lived, and forever memorable character that serves as one of those "Early" Characters that I soon met on Illarion. As for one specific RP, there's far too many to choose from, but I have to say that one where he and his wife had a crazy argument at the magic academy had me freakin' out. Also, the RP where Eli was having some pretty crazy dreams down in a basement on Vanima. Funny and revealing!

Fayne, I've always thought that her and Sssari had great chemistry. RPs together always made me smile. Its a shame we don't see her around anymore.

Blake Thorn, I can't really explain why this character is just so damn interesting and fun to rp with. I guess every character needs that rival, that villain, to tempt and use him. Its just been great.

And of course, Oliver Fox, who is quite possibly the best reason I had to keep playing in those first few weeks. A character that kept throwing everyone curve balls. A character that you thought you knew, then became something completely different after some stunning reveal. Brilliantly flawed and multifaceted. WHY DID HE HAVE TO DIE?!!?

As a just plain memorable RP, I have to mention the masked ball. I don't know why, but I felt it was just a neat scene, to see how all the players handled it.

Everyone I missed, you will be added!
Pranck

Post by Pranck »

Darney
Cassandria
Pellandria
Ashayen
Dajamèl (?)
Nerwin
...and everybody i forget.
CJK
Developer

Post by CJK »

Sorry everyone, some names evade my memory at the moment.

Unforgettables
Logrin Parr.
Wish that crazy old guy were still around. :lol:

Fayne Bridgewater/Furnir/Rothman
Need I even go into why? she was awesome! 8)

Dantagon Marescot
For (unknowingly?) shaping Jon almost completely. :P

Joxia Doral
For always being the best friend Jon could want.

Valgor Cralnor
For being a generally awesome person

Tirrend Skye
For having evil banannas of death!!!

Honorable Mentions
Evan Ross
Roland Ross
Dain Laidin
Artimer Fault
Taliss
Luc DePaul
Fooser
Jorokar Sladir
Darius
Mel
Della!
Chris Ridgeon. 8)
Oliver Fox
Olive
Eli Travinus

And many many more that I cant remember the names of.
Last edited by CJK on Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Omg and Igrine Redbeard!
Christopher..Rigden

Post by Christopher..Rigden »

hooray
rakust dorenstkzul

Post by rakust dorenstkzul »

Only one character comes to mind when i think of my favourites, Sssari Trisska Is the one that sticks out, out of all the pro choice reptiles i've seen, he's the best.
Alexander Knight

Re: All time great RP's

Joxia-Always a good time.
Kadiya-Quite sweet when your not setting shit on fire.
Drathe-Always a pleasure and ALWAYS funny.
Seredoc-Though we dont really RP much anymore it was still a good time.
Samara-Really miss this char, was never a dull moment with her humour.
Taliss-One of the first chars I met and really enjoyed you.
Jefferson-What can I say, this char made me keep playing when things god dull. So dark its awesome.
Alvis-Though you are hardly ever about, when you are you always bring that Alvis tention.
William Elderberry-Always a laugh though everytime I've met you I end up eating someones fireball :(
Verdazar-Always a pleasure. Had me up laughing for hours.
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

Not to be difficult, but I have only met three chars in the entire time playing with all my chars that I would have preferred not to have met (and I am not saying which chars :D ). Thanks to all the roleplayers on Illa!
Qeewee

Post by Qeewee »

If I forget someone, I'll probably add them later on

Mark Strongarm
Samara Arannir
Rhoden
Saigwin
Szrenszor
Yvanna
Arabel
Drathe
Murgo
Seredoc
S'rrt
'Anne'
Stefan Elvaris
Krazen
Raina Narethil
Kaidan Firestone
Oxiana
Magnus Magnol

If someone don't find themselves on the list, and feel they should be .. PM me :mrgreen:
Last edited by Qeewee on Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joxia Doral

Post by Joxia Doral »

Dain Laiden
Fladron
Wolf
Mattin
Avalyon
Grakir
Athian
Verdazar
Roland Ross
Behemoth
Blake
Logrin
Magnus
Jorokar
Jon Cane
Garick Draken
Darius
Aelorn
Geralt
Amrothar
The Jarl
Kyre
The Highwayman
All of Aegohls quest chars
All of Revans quest chars
Achae
Fianna
Jefferson
Edward Cromwell
Drathe
Oliver resurected
Sssari
Rogruck
Rugh'toh
Vicious

Im sure there others but these stand out most prominent
Last edited by Joxia Doral on Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Taliss Kazzxs

Post by Taliss Kazzxs »

While playing Taliss I would have to say I had more fun during the rivalry against Dain Laiden than any opponent my chars have ever faced.

There was always an on-edge atmosphere when the guard and the temple encountered one another back then, though at the same time a mutual respect between the players despite the bloody clashes that had us chasing one another from one corner of the map to the other.

Szrenszor and the other members of the early lizard community also spark fond memories.

If I attempt to go any deeper I will certainly be typing all night so i'll leave it at this for now.
HolyKnight

Re:

Post by HolyKnight »

Sssari wrote:Eli Travinus, another great long lived, and forever memorable character that serves as one of those "Early" Characters that I soon met on Illarion. As for one specific RP, there's far too many to choose from, but I have to say that one where he and his wife had a crazy argument at the magic academy had me freakin' out. Also, the RP where Eli was having some pretty crazy dreams down in a basement on Vanima. Funny and revealing!
Damn nostalgia! I lurk in the forums just reading and minding my own business, but such topics always get me reminiscing. Especially when I think about all the wonderful characters I have encountered. You're all special and my feeble brain cannot hope to remember every single name, but there are certainly a handful that were day in, day out classics during the height of my playing days. If any of these characters are still around I promise you younger RPers and POs they will make you better!

I prefer chronology as well:

Mark Strongarm: The best character for a n00b to meet IG IMO. He was patient and kept things simple for my first couple of characters (one of which was a complete flop). He taught me the crafting system while maintaining his RP, provided me jobs/quests to fill my pockets, and informed my character about Gobaith (or Gobiath for many back then). There were many moments spent around the campfire telling stories, searching the island for various items or people, and Dain Laiden rebelling against Kallahorn.

Achae: Second character I ever met who was Mark's mate at the time. She was sweet and generous, and despite my character's obsession with working to get more coins her POs RP was always solid. The depth of that character really made me reconsider the direction I was RPing my character. As a result Eli was created and the PGing fanatic characters were finally deleted.

Ranger: I always enjoyed his crude sense of humor and how he constantly hit on Achae in front of Mark.

Dain Laiden: As aforementioned he was caught up in some drama with the former Knights of Kallahorn. I didn't know the whole story, but his character has always brought a necessary drama to the otherwise Utopian Society I was used to with most characters. I still respect the patience and RPing quality I get every time from this character.

Annouka: When Mark and Achae weren't in Greenbriar I always looked for Annouka. German RPer but she was good with English too. She was absolutely INSANE fun. My favorite RP with her was when she declared herself Queen of Briar. She marched around Troll's Bane recruiting minions and was completely out of her mind.

Kaila Galathil: For all you new additions I feel sorry that you never got a chance to RP with Kaila. Her character depth and RPing ability was contagious as much as it was fun. Without a doubt that character made me a better RPer than I could have ever imagined!

Miru Yukimitsu: Solid player and taught me just how much coin I could earn from the halfling in Greenbriar by just selling shoes. Never had a RP where Miru didn't have me laughing out loud.

Roze: Miru's beloved and a very sweet character. We should have been mages together!

Dantagon Marecot: Seen your character grow over the years and a damn solid character with plenty of depth. Still remember the time Miru, Kaila, you, and me sat at the table in the Fluffy Sheep talking about how we would take over Bane in a hypothetical situation.

Ravel: I might be mistaken on the name but the character was quite the temptress. I thought on several occasions this PO has to write romance novels for a living. I just remember all the male characters in the tavern shifting their legs awkwardly when she would enter.

Azuros: Intelligent character and one of the best RPed elves I have had a chance to meet.

Ogerawa Kyoichiro: Not for his RPing because quite frankly he just plays himself with an avatar, lol. However, we killed many monsters and I learned a lot about PGing with him. We also had countless laughs.

Deuce: I never knew what to expect with Deuce even though he never hurt my character. Eli would just read about Deuce attacking or killing someone and he would be like what?

Dren Da' Ruhk:Last name might be wrong but another character with a darker side and several layers of complexity. Hated burying his character but it was a great RP all in all.

Gildon de Vymont: Wish we got more chances to RP together, but I was tempted several times to create a knight character after we finished RPing.

Ayla: The competitions never ended between our two characters, but I still thinking Eli can drink her under the table :P

Jorokar: Wish I had more chances to RP with that character because it was always solid and fun regardless of the situation.

Fianna Heneghan: Lovable character. Still makes me laugh when I hear the story about her getting robbed. The robber told her to give him everything and well she did just that including her clothes.

Artirius Pendragon: The first Arti I ever meet. What's strange is that for the most part Artirius was a lot like Artimus. I felt like each day I logged in Artirius was coming up with some RIDICULOUS scheme to make coins or build a castle. He called himself Lord and tried to recruit people for about a month or so until I think a golem killed him.

Kurga: All I can do is laugh when I think about her antics and how she pulled the orcs up by the bootstraps and lead them to a bloody war.

Athian: Actually taught my character some practicality when it came to using magic. Stern but can always count on a good RPing experience with him around.

Samantha Meryadeles: A tyrant but a solid RPer in my book. Just as you need bad guys to fuel the drama you also need a person you love to hate, not any easy role to play.

Grivijak: In all honesty Eli avoided this character as much as possible because he scared the crap out of him. He would walk into Bane slay several guards that tried to stop him then stand at his depot talking to Verdazar or some other temple member.

William Elderberry: Yet another character that pressed my character's nerves a time or two but without a doubt a solid character.

Magnus: Bastard plain and simple but god I love RPing with that character!

Duchan an Infarion: Probably my favorite mage of all time. His character was eccentric and hilarious; it really sucked the day his character ceased to exist on Gobaith.

Avalyon el'Hattarr: If you can believe it the first time I met this scary bastard he made me step through a ice flame. Nevertheless he has scared Eli ever since.

Juliana: Another scary character that Eli choses not to cross. Always had a mysterious personality, but Eli was too afraid to ask many questions.

Mattin Dogain: Incredibly fun character and I always got in-depth RP each time we met.

Taliss: On an island most of the time as the only active lizard I ever remember seeing IG on a regular basis. Never a bad RPing experience when Taliss was involved!

Merrilyn Ferly: Dang it, this character needs to comeback he was my absolute favorite halfling. Fun, enjoyable, and never knew what to expect when he stopped PGing to RP :P

Drathe Blue: Never knew fully what to expect from this character, but I could tell he had a darker side. Nevertheless, his PO is an exceptional RPer and I hope one day I get to return and RP with you some more.

Rukka: Nasty orcess but omg funny. I wish to goodness she was still around.

Shenandrea Lorean: Certainly one of the sweetest characters IG and I only wish I could RP with as much depth as she can in both German and English. Splendid character!

Sssari Trisska: Hands down one of the funniest and entertaining characters I've met playing this game. No doubt it has been a process but even from his first day he brought a breath of fresh air to the game. None like him. He can be serious too, don't be fooled, when Misha died I was blown away by his superb RP from start to present.

Artimer Fault: I won't lie he annoyed me a bit when he first started, but the PO's energy and desire for fun eventually gets the best of you. I have seen this character first hand grow into a solid character. It truly makes me smile thinking about how far Artimer has come.

Konrad Knox: Freaking nut case but damn he was a good RPer when he wanted to be.

Altrix: I remember your first days and I have seen you come a long way with your character. Have always had a good time RPing with your character and for me the best was when your poor character was constantly trying to be assassinated.

Joxia Doral: Have also seen your character develop and it has been quite a trip for sure. I know I haven't seen the whole picture but going from humble roots, to a mercenary, to a duchess, and now to a full-fledged Templar to me is quite a story! Have always enjoyed our RPs together.

Taeryon Silverlight: Learning magic from him was interesting to say the least. Before he went crazy and blew up half of Bane I enjoyed his eccentric personality. Not everyday that you watch your mage teacher get absolutely pwned by a massive dragon :P

Starling: Love it when she'd stand next to Eli and start searching through his depot for interesting things. haha

Brer Beothach: Absolutely insane character. The time he formed some guild of bald headed men and went around preaching in Troll's Bane was just incredible.
Sonara Stone

Post by Sonara Stone »

UUugughgugh! So hard.

I'm going to name A FEW. No where near all. So if you don't see your name, it doesn't mean you arn't there :P It just means I was too lazy to keep listing.

In chronological order:

Velisai - The first character I ever remember roleplaying with, you impressed me then and never fail to impress me now. No matter what character I'm playing
S'rrt K'shire - Very likely the only reason I am still playing Illarion today. Thanks for being nice to me when I was a newbie :)
Phibol - Always an interesting character, I have a lot of fond memories.
Drakon - You for making me all nostalgic. Phooey on you. You were really wonderful.
Altrix - For being amazing. Every time I get to RP with you its a pleasure. Sorry Iris didn't turn out like Altrix hoped. xD
Edric - Let me put it this way... I think of Edric and feel sad because he's dead. Even though he's a character. He was that cool.
Seredoc - For being the perfect mixture of craziness and sanity. You never fail to make me laugh.
Alvis - For ruining Iris and turning her into a creep. And for being nothing short of epic. <3
Kaidan - A newer, but brilliant character who is both realistic yet intriguingly different. Always a good time.

If you feel you should be on this list, PM me. Mmmmkay?
Po Will

Post by Po Will »

Rugh'toh, only guy that kept me coming back to the game for a while :)
Sundo Raca

Post by Sundo Raca »

Deuce, Mattin, Jewls, Dain, Kaelyn, Starling, Pheonix, Jefferson, Ikgar, Magnus, Joxia, Brer, Konrad, recently Mlara.

There's been others, but these were all the ones I enjoyed playing with the most and gave me the clearest memories.
Po Will

Post by Po Will »

Gods I forgot Magnus.
Can't say anything bad about anytime I was annoying him, even if he was dragging me about as I 'slept' :lol:
Kugar

Post by Kugar »

Alvis - every time Jefferson and Alvis met I have to say the atmosphere was absolutely epic. This character truly deserves the label 'cool'.
Joxia - First character Jefferson really met. If it wasn't for Joxia he wouldn't be the char he was today I believe.
Wolf - Rping with Wolf was close to being, if not the best times ig for me. Really awesome character, shame he died.
Alexander Knight - being ig with Alexander Knight brought nostalgia for me, as it reminded me of a simpler time when I first started playing Illarion. The way this char was played was just so honest, no bullshit. Just fun and a wanting to emerse fully into the game. Only way I can really describe it was fresh dude.
Athian - when my char first met Athian ever for a requested meeting, he greeted my char in the middle of the desert surrounded in flames... Best. Introduction. Evar.
Taliss - such a kick ass lizard. RIP my friend.
Artimer Fault - An enigma of a char, always acted as a voice of reason when everyone else was talking jargle
Jon Cain - Our chars often had similar goals so got on, plus I liked his sense of humor
Sandro - A real shame that this char had to die, nice aura
Ranwyln - ((cannot remember how it was spelled)) all I can say is '...'

There are many more but these chars are the most memorable overall for me. Cheers.

...Christ I almost forgot Edward Cromwell and Tak'Zel.