All time great RP's

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

wolfsword

Re: All time great RP's

Post by wolfsword »

Mark Strongarm, as someone said above. REALLY helped when I was a noob.
My character learned that strawberries don't grow from trees, but from bushes. :P

S'rrt
Drakon
Seredoc

Mainly them and some others I've forgotten- and everyone else who was in the "Everyone migrate to Greenbriar!"-arc, was the most entertaining month or two/fun I've ever had with a character, ever.

Oh, and Drakon (Again),Idrandal, and Morbius for the times with Olaf and Ranek. Very fun as well :mrgreen:
Flux

Post by Flux »

Since I became a GM I'd say the person who's stood out to me most was Edric Galthor. Always consistent in his role, regardless of the circumstances.
Aegohl

Post by Aegohl »

This may not be 100% on-topic, but one time there was some rp that had gotten way out of hand while I was a GM and every time I tried to fix it on the fly it just got more convoluted and more people got involved and finally I was just like "TIME OUT!" and stopped the rp and separated the one or two players who were actually causing trouble from the many players who were just trying to react and rp and had gotten mixed into the chaos because of the one or two and then I called an ingame OOC meeting at the library of everyone involved so I could tell them a point to rewind their history to and give them some advice about how not to wrap yourself in rp that's gotten stupid because of a hooligan or two in the future. You can imagine that having to do that would put me in quite a negative mood.

But then I went to the library where the OOC meeting was to take place and wullah. Not only was the players involved there waiting patiently for me, every last player that was online and then half a dozen or so more players who weren't online previously but heard about it on their messengers were there in the library giving me their full attention, taking time out of their day to hear what I had to say about roleplaying. My negative mood slipped right off my shoulders.

Whoever those players were get my respect for their fine rp, because being a good rper isn't just about being in-character, it's about playing fair, interacting, and being willing to learn about rp. While it's rare that I play Illarion (as much as I think Illarion has an incredible amount of potential, I still vastly prefer Ultima Online's skill system, magic, and combat. It's certainly not the players that keep me away) I often wish that I could take Illarion players with me when I play, because most rpers elsewhere are banal, backbiting, selfish, and sometimes even downright crooked.
Achae Eanstray

Post by Achae Eanstray »

Aegohl wrote:I often wish that I could take Illarion players with me when I play, because most rpers elsewhere are banal, backbiting, selfish, and sometimes even downright crooked.
That is why you need to play Illa despite the skills! :D
Aegohl

Post by Aegohl »

To be honest, right now I'm playing no mmo's. Although there is a shard that I've offered some story ideas to that will be opening in the coming months that I intend to try out. I really want to get back to my tabletop roots, because I find that a problem that always exists at mmo's is that most players show up with a "and now what?" attitude, even those players with the best of intentions. And it makes sense. But it's not the optimal situation.

Rp is like a potluck. For every person who shows up without a dish to pass, the success or failure of the potluck relies more and more exponentially one what the people who did bring a dish brought. If person A and person B show up with nothing and person C shows up with salad, our potluck lacks a main course and drinks, and it's no fun for anyone.

In a tabletop game that's okay. The GM shows up and says "hey, guys, put your wallets away. I'm buying dinner." and the reward of GMing is the rare case where someone brings a surprise to the table anyhow.

In any case, I'm more and more losing hope in games that run constantly over 24 hours a day because it saps players rping resources without spreading the results over a great enough amount of players. That's to say, I could show up at 8am and rp my tail off and introduce story threads like crazy and then log off at noon and chances are that by 8pm at night most of those story threads I introduced have gotten lost in the mix. It's really rewarding when one of them gets picked up by other players and spread throughout the community, but I often wonder if the reward is equal to the effort put into it. I really think that if it was easier to put together a group of good tabletop players online mmo's that offer actual rp would be obsolete, but meanwhile the existence of online mmo's that offer rp makes it that much more difficult to get people out of their houses and comfort zones to play tabletop (and there's also an abundance of tabletop rpers that are no good and destroy games but that's another topic)

I've considered maybe buying Neverwinter Nights and building an online game that I could run maybe twice a week for two hour sessions that is just pure story and have multiple GM's so that we could switch off and give each other opportunities to rp and so on. But it seems most players expect a consistent environment they can log into at any time these days. Alas. *sigh*
Rugh'toh

Post by Rugh'toh »

Mine.
All mehs bruddahs and sistahs.
All our victims.
Mine.
Arameh.
Mine.

:D
Po Will

Post by Po Will »

Rugh'toh wrote:Mine.
All mehs bruddahs and sistahs.
All our victims.
Mine.
Arameh.
Mine.

:D
Now there's a face I ain't seen in ages :P
Olaf Tingvatn

Post by Olaf Tingvatn »

well, those that i can remember from my first time here.

Joxia: best moment was when she said that she spent the night in bed with a halfling and got a shield of the sky for it..Ram still reminds her of it.

Rugh'Toh: the first time i saw him and the warlord was when they were hunting for someone in trollsbane, and my carpenter character Olaf tried to intervene when they got all angreh on a woman. and too many more good ones to remember. i want Rugh'toh back :( stoopid laif bein all bisseh and staff!

The Warlord(Waaaaghlordeh): well..powergaming buffoon that "killed" my 14 year old orc.....*meaningful stare at the Devs.* remember that "no child abuse thing?" mh..quite. OTHER then that, i really can't remember anything else:P other then it has been the most well played character that i can remember.

Jag: Turga and Jag have always had this strange bond for some reason. from the moment they met they have acted like two squabbling brothers, he has been my characters friend since i started playing as an orc. Also one of the most well played characters that i can remember.

Murgo: can't remember the details, only that he went from being an underling to becoming chief of the northern horde :) "Murgo walks over to the small water hole and looks out over it, Turga and Jag leans forward to see too, then dripping sound followed by water fall sound..Turga and Jag quickly walks away." one of the best memories shortened down ;D one of the most well played characters that i can remember.

basically every orc i have met have had their own personality and their own dialect, and they have been very diverse in aggression and seriousness which makes them all some of the most well played characters that i can remember.

NOW my memory is faltering...Artimer Fault: the smith that Turga considered a friend, mostly because of his tallness and ability to make grade A weapons. if i do not remember wrong that is..

That halfling that married that elfess... my character called him a "liddul wan" for so long his name has slipped my memory.

urgh...completely blank now..but those who have interracted with Ram, Turga, Olaf, Orlog Stiffnose or Snushi over longer periods of time know who you are and should know that you taught me how to be a better roleplayer and basically helped me develop a personality for each of my characters.
Quinasa

Post by Quinasa »

Alexander Knight wrote:Here you can post some of the people who have kept you playing when you get bored, people who keep you up long into the night and make you smile

Note: This is NOT a "Whose RP did you like today?" topic. this is a mean to tell who's RP you like from when you started playing.
The best RP I've ever had as Quinasa is without a doubt with Athian and Aristeaus. They were both there, every step of the way, from my very first week playing the game. The characters helped to define and shape Quinasa far more than her back-story ever could, and the players helped me learn to role play. Some very deserving honorable mentions from that time: Irania, Nilo, Alora Ironforge, Galim, Hagen von Rabenfeld, Gwynnether von Glanwen, Brendan Mason, and Val De Gausse.
The Returner

Post by The Returner »

Badmosche
Damien
Dyluck
Cosmaterra
Galadria
Tialdin (Man that guy hated my character...HATED....so fun times though)
Neonfire/Neonrift...urrr...Neon D:
Gurok (Despite hims having beheaded all but one of my characters)
Veralion
Shi and Sun Long
Roke
Sir Gannon
Aragon
Sir Sirius
Korwin
Kalypse
Cain Freemont
Caranthir
Mishrack

WHERE ARE YOU PEOPLE D:
Katharina Brightrim
Cadomyr

Post by Katharina Brightrim »

Last edited by Katharina Brightrim on Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aegohl

Re:

Post by Aegohl »

Sssari wrote:
Fayne, I've always thought that her and Sssari had great chemistry. RPs together always made me smile. Its a shame we don't see her around anymore.
Fayne can be found in my private IRC chat #rael on darkmyst servers most days idling under the screename Wren. Illarionites are welcome to come by and bug us as it's been dead there forever. Only really Fayney, Fooser, and I hang out there.