Natural Magic Room

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Velisai

Post by Velisai »

@Athian:
First, I didn't propose to nerf mages, but actually stated a few posts earlier that I like them powerful. I merely described why magekiller chars are unpopular. If you think those attributes wouldn't work, why don't you explain where the error in my thought was, instead of just dismissing it?

Then your char being able to take on anyone, is the result of years of work and we all know what he can do, including taking on groups. And I also have no problem with having to work for something. You may not know it, but my char actually has 7 skills in the range of 60%-80% and IC reasons for it. The attributes aren't exactly perfect for any of those, but I can live with that.
Rogan Thorgrim

Post by Rogan Thorgrim »

My opinion has always been this.

Eliminate mages as a class people can choose to create. Keep them in their current form (which allows them to nerf anything in under 5 seconds) and let it be up to the staff to allow certain people to play them. This way, we get a select group of mages who should be good roleplayers and responsible pos.

The most important issue is to limit the number of mages IG. I haven't played for months but last time i was here they were everywhere. The game is much more balanced when the vast majority of players are crafters/fighters.
Kevin Lightdot

Post by Kevin Lightdot »

Rogan Thorgrim wrote:My opinion has always been this.

Eliminate mages as a class people can choose to create. Keep them in their current form (which allows them to nerf anything in under 5 seconds) and let it be up to the staff to allow certain people to play them. This way, we get a select group of mages who should be good roleplayers and responsible pos.

The most important issue is to limit the number of mages IG. I haven't played for months but last time i was here they were everywhere. The game is much more balanced when the vast majority of players are crafters/fighters.
Screw that
Cain Freemont

Post by Cain Freemont »

Kevin Lightdot wrote:
Rogan Thorgrim wrote:My opinion has always been this.

Screw that
Seconded.

I genuinely hope that the almighty VBU addresses the issue here in a manner that allows for more open access to magic, while properly balancing its role in relation to other combative and interactive methods.
HolyKnight

Post by HolyKnight »

I am not opposed to some type of natural teaching rooms where lesser runes can be earned to cast simple spells, but I would not like to see runes for powerful spells coming from NPCs.

As for this crap about mages pwning everything within 5 secs should not be solved by limiting access. It should be solved by making archers effective. Like it should be:

Warrior>Archer>Mage>Warrior (There is your balance and a dynamic this game -needs-)