TOP 5: Bugs, inbalances, missing features-Wishing list 2010

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Estralis Seborian

TOP 5: Bugs, inbalances, missing features-Wishing list 2010

Post by Estralis Seborian »

A new round:

In order to get a clue what spoils the fun in Illarion most, I want you to post your Top 5 of the most annoying bugs, the most inbalanced features and the most missed features. Just post your Top 5, don't start to argue about the opinion of others. To make it readable, try to use the following layout instead of long sentences:

Most annoying bugs
  • Top 1:
  • Top 2:
  • Top 3:
  • Top 4:
  • Top 5:
Most inbalanced features
  • Top 1:
  • Top 2:
  • Top 3:
  • Top 4:
  • Top 5:
Most missed features
  • Top 1:
  • Top 2:
  • Top 3:
  • Top 4:
  • Top 5:
---

Eine neue Runde:

Um herauszufinden, wo der Schuh drückt, würde ich euch bitten, die 5 nervigsten Bugs, die 5 unbalanciertesten Features und die 5 am meisten vermissten Features anzugeben. Schreibt einfach eure Top 5 und vertut keine Zeit darauf die Meinung anderer niederzumachen. Ums lesbar zu halten benutzt doch bitte in etwa das folgende Layout, spart euch lange Sätze, wir wissen ja alle, was gemeint ist.

Die nervigsten Bugs
  • Top 1:
  • Top 2:
  • Top 3:
  • Top 4:
  • Top 5:
Die unbalanciertesten features
  • Top 1:
  • Top 2:
  • Top 3:
  • Top 4:
  • Top 5:
Die am meisten vermißten Features
  • Top 1:
  • Top 2:
  • Top 3:
  • Top 4:
  • Top 5:
Kranek

Post by Kranek »

Bugs:
Eselbug
Taschenbug
Unsichtbarwerden von Chars die über Brücken laufen (passiert mir zumindest dauernd)

Unbalancierte Features:
Riesen Bedarf an Rohstoffen um in einem Handwerk etwas zu erreichen

Am meißten vermisste Features:
Kinderchars nachdem Schwangerschaft und Kleinkindzeit des Chars bereits von den Eltern ausgespielt wurden

---
Falls mir noch was einfällt häng ichs dran!
Juliana D'cheyne

Post by Juliana D'cheyne »

Most annoying bugs
no order:
* Top 1:inability to craft new tailoring items
* Top 2:bag filled bug (freezes when the bag is full)
* Top 3:mouse bug (or some call the "grabber")
* Top 4:donkey disappearing bug
* Top 5:

Most inbalanced features

* Top 1:crafting in general, multiple tools, ease of use and sale.
* Top 2:skill raising (the enormous length of time).
* Top 3:traveling distance to settlements and dungeons.
* Top 4:distance weapon ineffectiveness
* Top 5: (added agreeing with Hadrian: Light system, dark is too dark.

Most missed features

* Top 1:ability to drag monsters *sighs*
* Top 2:crafting at the depot
* Top 3:campfires without worry about fire spreading.
* Top 4:trolls bane (or same) depot in every city along with the city depot.
* Top 5:

Forgive me for adding something that doesn't fit the other categories:

What I would like one day *g*

Single family homes that can be crafted for/items sold and deco'd by the owner.
Last edited by Juliana D'cheyne on Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Llama

Post by Llama »

Most inbalanced features

* Top 1: Bag volume. Bags are used for much more than hauling graveyard loot, they're used to keep depots nice and tidy. You can only put around 150 ingots in one, and very few armour.
* Top 2: Fighters getting all the phat loot and all the money, craftings working their ***es off to produce high-end items which fighters get from the phat loot anyway.
* Top 3: Treasure maps. Need I say more?
* Top 4: Light system - while I love the system (I really do), the darkness could be less dark. Its just irritating at that point. Also you can work around it pretty quickly (by using your video card settings).
ADDED: * Top 0.1: Weight System. Seriously. Before, my character could carry around 30 iron, and 50 coal and still not walk like a grandma. When I used to craft, I used to take 20 ores out, smelt them, and then make the armour/whatever (I hate smelting them, so I only smelt when I need them). Nowadays - my character can carry around 25 iron or 25 ore. When he's crafting, he can only take 15 ores, and that's only if he isn't carrying half made armour - which , if its the case, means I can only carry 13... or 12... or something like that.

Most missed features

* Top 1: A good proposal board system. Keeping most of the community out didn't work, since there are now 2 active threads, and none of which have been replied to by a dev.
-

Not much to complain about.
Triton

Re: TOP 5: Bugs, inbalances, missing features-Wishing list 2

Post by Triton »

Die nervigsten Bugs
  • Top 1: Esel verschwindibus Bug
  • Top 2: Taschen zu voll zum öffnen Bug
  • Top 3: schwarze Diagonalen von fehlenden Tiles
  • Top 4: "?-Tiles", also Tiles mit einem Fragezeichen
  • Top 5: Und der berühmte Hölenboden "ö-Bug"
  • Top 1: Zu schneller Itembruch bei gekauften und neuen Tools
  • Top 2: Die Ankaufs und Verkaufspreise sollten überarbeitet werden
  • Top 1: Bandagen und Blutungen
  • Top 2: Feuerpfeile und Feuer-DoT für Fernkämpfer
  • Top 3: neue Arten von Fischen, eine überarbeitung der Fischerei
  • Top 4: Leere Bücher in der Bibliothek in die man Ingame schreiben kann
King Udan Trollbane

Post by King Udan Trollbane »

most inbalanced: eveyrone I see uses serinjah swords?
Arvemor

Post by Arvemor »

Most annoying bugs
Top 1: When you click out of the illarion window, to say...check the forum...and you were walking at the time-the character just keeps walking in that direction until you relog.

Top 2: Emotes don't work when you speak different languages...perhaps fixed by having a few emote premade/translated e.g. #me waves #me nods #me frowns #me looks at you confusedly #me draws a weapon, so everyone can understand each other, at least a little

Top 3:

Top 4:

Top 5:

Most inbalanced features
Top 1: Slower movement speed for those far away from the server/slower internet connection

Top 2: MAGIC!!!

Top 3: The ranged weapon system

Top 4: Crafting...by the sound of it

Top 5: MAGIC!!!

Most missed features
Top 1: Player-controlled government

Top 2: (This never existed but) mounts, like horses to move faster

Top 3: (This never existed also, but) enemy health bars...or at least emotes to say how close they are to carking it. e.g. Wolf yelps in agony.

Top 4: Enemy...or even allied AI... Being able to hire mercenaries that follow you would be awesome.

Top 5: Dragging enemies would be cool, too.(NPC's not other places-as mentioned earlier)
Last edited by Arvemor on Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dahinar Sharpeye

Post by Dahinar Sharpeye »

Most annoying bugs
  1. Disappearing mule
  2. The filled bag bug
  3. The bug that turns tiles black when jumping
  4. The questionmark found in some locations
Most inbalanced features
  1. Infectivity of distance weapons
  2. Weight, I think it is illogical that things grow heavier when crafting them as they do in some cases
  3. Teaching system for magic
Most missed features
  1. Lights in the towns. I want torches in the torch holders and oil in the oil lamps during the night.
  2. Possibility to make safe fireplaces outside the stationary ones, perhaps with help of stones or something like that
  3. Ability to examine NPC's in order to see what they are wearing and how hurt they are.
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

Arvemor wrote:Most annoying bugs
Top 1: When you click out of the illarion window, to say...check the forum...and you were walking at the time-the character just keeps walking in that direction until you relog.
Just tap your arrowkeys in the direction you autowalk once and the autowalking is shut off.

Most annoying bugs
Top 1: Enemys, who can still attack trougth solid walls with magic

Top 2: Mule disappearing

Top 3: "stuck lighning" happens often in caves, when your screen freezes and you don't see the light walk with the char, but it being stuck in some random place

Most inbalanced features
Top 1: Magic teaching, we got like a few teachers and than you include a system that not only makes any balanced mage char useless, because they can't reach the attributs to teach, but also including a skill requierement making people pwoergame even more.

Top 2: Bags, I got three depots in use to store my stuff, because bags can't hold shit, if I want to have a bag with clothings..I better be carefull not to put too many suits of armors in there or maybe a stack of cherrys, because that fills up a bag in no time, bottom message, have bags with unlimeted space.

Top 3:Building, seriously the cost for buildings is extremly overpriced..and players are forced to waste hours upon hours of playing, going after every possible treasure to raise the money to build a small shed somewhere, let us recycle and tear down unused buildings for building materials, I'm aware of the moneysink feature, but any char, who decides to build something, better says goodbye to rp.

Top 4: Overpowered monster speeds, I know a dragon is supposed to be strong, but could you please allow people to run away from any monster if they want to, if anyone stumbles into a magic weilding monster,without being prepared, he is basicly death, a fast three spells of many monsters whack you up.

Top5:Failrate when it comes to automaticly done crafting as grinding gems or making flour, you allready sit there bored, no use to force the player to click even more.

Top 6: Druid magic, ridicoulusly overpowered in my eyes, potions for about everything, which is great, but leaves magic to the dumb damage dealer, I allready posted my opinion about the coming up magic systems in perspectiv to arcane magic somewhere else.

Most missed features
Top 1: Ability to "change" the appearance of Illarion on your own, maybe include "wallbuilding" sets or hedgeseeds..or something else..so people can construct small things for themself, but give maybe older and responsible chars the ability to "trim" those hedges, maybe townleaders or something.

Top 2: Ability to plant all trees

Top 3:A way to track down chars.

I got nothing now..it comes up some day I'm sure..
Ashayen

Post by Ashayen »

Die nervigsten Bugs
  • Top 1: Taschen-Bug
  • Top 2: Esel reiss aus
  • Top 3: Tapferes Schneiderlein-Bug; neu eingefügte Klamotten immernoch nicht herstellbar
  • Top 4:
  • Top 5:
  • Top 1: Lehrer-Magiesystem
  • Top 2: zu lange Reisen um woanders hinzukommen, bsp. Dungeons - oder einfach die viel zu große Map mit zu wenig gestreuten Dungeons und Monstern an sich. Kann man sehen wie man will.
  • Top 3:
  • Top 4:
  • Top 5:
  • Top 1: Magie nicht zu allgemein gestalten. Graphische Unterschiede zwischen dunkler Magie, Naturmagie usw. Sprich für jede Kategorie eigene Spells.
  • Top 2: Online-liste sollte sichtbar machen in welcher Region sich ein Char gerade befindet
  • Top 3: Einfacheres Auswechseln von Waffen ect, in der Hand. Ewiges drag&drop nervt.
  • Top 4:
  • Top 5:
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

The autowalking is the best feature illarion has, don't turn it off, and dragging enemies was completely abused.

I'm not sure if there's any way to do that anymore since I remade the graveyard but there's probably somewhere in the whole place you can stick a skelly.

Most annoying bugs
The ones in the swamp.

But anyway, all I can comment on is most missed features:

1. Recoloured monsters, and the randomly spawned stronger monsters with special names.
2. New graphics tiles like ice walls, hedges, vines, bamboo floor, purple plasma-type-coloured-magical-thing cave, deep water cave (like a cave but tinges of blue and stuff).
3. New dungeons (Which, given new graphics, I would gladly make several of).
4. New types of elemental swords and the randomly spawned special swords with random titles on the end which have slightly better attributes in some way.
5. New rare materials that can only be gained from specific dungeons fighting special monsters which can be used to make special swords.

I'd just like to say that I like the current map size, but if we had more random graphics like ruins and stuff, exploring could be more interesting than finding yet another barren field.
Galim

Post by Galim »

Most annoying bugs -> Havent enountered much bugs since i returned...so dont know about this

* Top 1:
* Top 2:
* Top 3:
* Top 4:
* Top 5:

Most inbalanced features

* Top 1: Treasure Maps. Yr and Dragon maps are too common. And they shouldnt contain items which can be crafted. No carpenter will ever sell an element wand, since good ones can be found easily in those tresures. Same for other items. Also, there are chars doing those alone, simply luring the monsters away and then grab the treasures, not even fighting the monsters. This way they easily gather 20 - 30 Gold.
* Top 2: Archery. If you are able to hit it nearly doesn't hurt an opponent with consti over 10. And it takes thousands of arrows, throwing stars, bolts to train. Too many for such a useless skill. Skillgain is too slow, arrow use too high.
* Top 3: Magic learning system: The new system demands you to powergame the magic skills to be able to teach some runes. Even those skills which have so few usefull spells that it is a pain in the ass training them. That offers a magic teacher less time for RP, less fun being a teacher, and more forced PGing. It is punishment for those who prefer roleplaying and great for the powergamers who have fun doing so.
* Top 4: Armor durability. Honestly...armors never use up. Buy one, find one, and you have it aslong as you don't die and drop it. Deadly for smithes, who have already a hell of a work to craft a single armor.
* Top 5: Druid and Magic system. Druid get a high amount of different potions, which is great. Magic hasnt much else beside doing damage and healing damage. The other spells miss variety. This makes Mages nearly pure War characters. I wish there would be more spells for magic which DON't have to do with fighting. Like for the druids. Also...give Druids a possibility to get gemdust cheaper...that goblin sells them for too much. New druids HAVE to gather silver like Uncle Scrooge just to be able to make a few potions. Also...please change something with the druid runes...Practicing alchemy is already a pain in the ass due the clicking hell...but then you get runes telling you if someone is ill, poisoned or...got a virus...that are pretty useless runes...illness and viruses are so few in the game mechaning, that you dont need a game mechanic to tell you about them. Also...it makes it difficult to rp sickness. Any druid can look at you and say "You are not sick" since the game mechanic tells him...
* Top 6: Balance of weapons/Armors. There is none. Anything beside two Serinjah or two magical weapons will lose. We have a dozen different swords and axes, but to be able to win you HAVE to use serinjahs, since everything else is too weak/slow in comparison. A dwarven warrior with two dwarven axes wont stand a chance. Same with a warrior in a heavy armor. Dodge is so powerfull that any warrior relying on heavy armor will lose. Everyone is going onto dodge and Serinjaswords. There is no diversity. This limits some rp alot. As a dwarven char or a knight char you can't rely on axes, twohanded swords and heavy armor, since you will always be the looser.

Most missed features

* Top 1: The Books telling you "You are a Grandmaster of...An apprentice of..." and so on...don't know if they are probably still there, never found them.
* Top 2: Being able to throw an onion on the field a character stands on. Is less fun in Onion ball :P
* Top 3: Being able to own as a single person a house or a shack.
* Top 4: Seeing how much a npc enemy is hurt/wounded.
* Top 5: Wooden armor. I can craft wooden greaves...would be cool to be able to craft wooden chestarmor too ^_^
Mr. Cromwell

Post by Mr. Cromwell »

Bugs

- Disappearing mule
- The enemies have been lead away from the spawn by some asshat (Luckily this will be fixed)
- the "bag is full"-bug

IMBA

- Magic teaching - completely broken. There should be a way to learn magic on your own since players cannot be depended on <- Missing feature, too.
- Magic resistance for non mages - currently melee combat is effected by 6 stats already; magic is (afaik) effected by 3 stats. It's bullshit to say/assume that fighters should place stat points in WP to bring the required number of stats which influence fighting to 7 to get any chance of not being raped by the flimsiest magic-wielding monsters. A mage even with the worst melee-stats has much easier time developing resistance to melee attacks than a warrior in a comparable situation.
- Skilling time/fun (Reaching max skills should not be quick like it was in 2001; however it should not be the endless grind that it is now either.)
- Balance between crafting fun/sensibility and endgame fighting rewards. On the other hand crafters should have business; on the other hand, getting a diamond or gold ignot for killing an endgame monster in groupwork is always a bummer.

Missing features

-Targeted enemy health bar. Since running away is a huge pain in the ass, it would be nice to know how much health the hostile NPC has to better judge when to flee or not. It would also make judging when to heal (in groupwork) easier for the mages.
- Ability to puchase books with relevant IG information and carry them on your char (druid books, magic gem books and so and so) as opposed to having to go into set places to read these books
- Inability to learn languages (would need fixed rules)
- Afflictions over skill-loss when dying (never existed, but would make death a more fun affair)
Ashayen wrote:Online-liste sollte sichtbar machen in welcher Region sich ein Char gerade befindet
- Good idea.
HolyKnight

Post by HolyKnight »

Estralis Seborian wrote:
Most annoying bugs
  • Top 1:Depot Full: When depot is full and you try to drag some items from a stack and accidently let go of left click and your items are lost into oblivion. (ex. I have a stack of 250 coal in my full depot and I try to drag 50 from the stack to put in my bag if I accidently drop it within the confines of the depot all 50 coal I was dragging dissappear.)
  • Top 2: Mule Disappearing: when someone elses mule passes by or someone rents a mule near you or just randomly.
  • Top 3: Portal Bug:I think there is a portal bug where if someone makes a portal at about the same you do your portal ends up going where theirs did.
  • Top 4: PoisonNot sure if this bug was fixed but poison not being cured by an antidote potion or SIH YEG effectively. Also, poison in general it is too severe and risky to even mess with NPCs that have it. On the flip side poisoned weapons not really doing anything at all.
  • Top 5: Ghost Difficulties:Not being able to pull or push yourself when you are a ghost.
Most inbalanced features
  • Top 1: Distance Weapons:completely ineffective. Mages should be terrified of archers.
  • Top 2: Crafting:Lack of rare (but obtainable) materials that can be used by crafters to make rare items. On the same note I think the rivers, lakes, and oceans should surely be out of treasure maps.
  • Top 3: Weapons: in general, but I know it is being worked.
  • Top 4: Skilling Time..
  • Top 5: Magic System Imbalances:Adjustments made to the magic system that requires so much skill and proper attributes.
  • Top 6:Wildfire script:
Most missed features
  • Top 1: The Lean: A wall on the outside of Eliza's shop for a lot of people to lean on.
  • Top 2: Scrolls Jump:The spell used to make teleportation scrolls.
  • Top 3: Forging Magic:Crafting magical longswords
  • Top 4: Mining Woes:Availability of ores in relation to how much you can carry.
  • Top 5: Propose to Propose?I miss the proposal board.
Last edited by HolyKnight on Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rekarafi

Post by Rekarafi »

Most annoying bugs

Top 1: Das verschwinden von Eseln

Top 2: Taschen, die einfach mal nich mehr aufgehen, da sie zu voll sind (und ich nach einem Weilchen vergesse, was drin war..)

Top 3: Das häufige Auftreten schwarzer Flächen (i.d.R. 1-Tile-Diagonalen) die selbst auf der Minimap schwarz bleiben

Top 4: Dass man Taschen in Taschen verkaufen kann, ohne dabei eine der beiden Taschen zu verlieren

Top 5: Nichtverwertbarkeit, dennoch Fällbarkeit von einigen Bäumen (z.B. Vanima). Überall liegen Stämme rum..

Edit: Schneider bekamen schön viele neue Sachen, die alle "??" nicht herstellbar sind. Das hilft Schneidern wirklich. Wow, ein Skill up...wow...was is das...geht nich..blah.

Most inbalanced features

Top 1: Magic system...nen Lehrer zu finden is eine knifflige Angelegenheit, wurmt mich auch wenn ich auf gutem Wege bin..

Top 2: Die Meisten rennen mit Serinjahs und z.T. Breitschwertern rum, weil die anderen Waffen nicht annähernd so stark sind.

Top 3: Fernkampfsystem ist sehr unausgeglichen den anderen Kampfsystemen gegenüber.

Top 4: Kleidung, Rüstung ect hält eine gefühlte Ewigkeit, während bei mir Waffen alle 2 Jagdtage zerbrechen...

Top 5: Spinnen (und Skorpione, falls jemals) haben aufgehört, Gift zu droppen...

Top 5,5: Der Halbling vorm Bane-Hospital verkauft keine Gegengifte mehr...find ich schlecht, da es so viele Druiden nicht gibt..

Top 6: Man braucht für 5 Giftpfeile eine Flasche Gift...Ich glaube das ist ein Aprilscherz, der irgendwie nicht mehr rausgenommen wurde, denn Gift ist rar.

Edit: Mag meine Einbildung sein, aber Gift scheint bei NPC's kaum zu wirken...während ich da in einer Zeit 3 Spieler nur durch das Gift fast zum Kreuz geschickt habe besiege ich vielleicht 1 starkes Monster...das kann so nich hinhauen, oder?

Most missed features

Top 1: Ansehen von Monstern/Npc's um ihre Gesundheit zu sehen. Alternativ: Life bars oder Monstergraphiken je nach Verletzungsgrad

Top 2: Das Finden von Schatzkarten beim Fischen mit Klauen statt mit Angeln (eine Echse mit Angel wäre stranges RP, sollen die keine Karten kriegen? Wegen einer 30 Kupfer Angel?)

Top 3: Giftresistenz (Wenn ich nicht irre ist das nicht bei Magieresistenz dabei, falls doch, own this one)

Top 4: (Einer meiner Vorgängerposts den ich gut fand) Möglichkeit des Anheuerns von NPC-Söldnern.

Top 5: Das Schubsen von Monstern. Wenn einen ein Monster in eine Sackgasse drängt hilft nur der Logout, der einfach mal unerwünscht ist.

Top 6: Armbrüste aus Eisen, mehr Dolcharten, mehr Fernwaffen (Wurfdolche, Wurfäxte die mann auch werfen kann, Wurfpfeile ect..)

Addition: Jumping in Illarion! Yay! Man vergleicht Stärke/Agilität/Beides und springt dann 1-3 Tiles anstatt sich 1 Tile über den Boden zu schleifen...
Last edited by Rekarafi on Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Das Auge

Post by Das Auge »

Die nervigsten Bugs

*Eselbug
* Schwarze Karos in Reihen
* Taschenbug

* Handwerkersystem (Giftige Waffen etc aber kein Gift -.- )
* Magiesystem die meisten sagen wohl nein bei einer Meldung
* Rüstung-Waffen Waffen zerbrechen fast ständig Rüstungen ab und zu mal
* Karten man findet nur selten eine Schatzkarte und wenn man eine hat ist es eine einfache die man nciht gebrcauchen kann

* neues Gift
Saril

Post by Saril »

Die nervigsten Bugs

* Top 1: Eselbug (Esel kann durch einfache Türen gedrängt werden)
* Top 2: Taschenbug (Taschen verschwinden)
* Top 3: Instrumentenbug (du hast eine PM wo ich dir sage was ich meine)
* Top 4: Illusionsflammenbug (du hast eine PM wo ich dir sage was ich meine)

* Top 1: Lichtsystem (summierung aller Lichter in unteridischen Berechen, was bei einigen zu Lags führt)

* Top 1: Mehrfachspornbug (der Bug der verursacht hat das man nie wußte wieviele Gegner auf einen warteten. Es war zwar ein Bug aber ein ihrgendwie aufregender)
Kadiya

Post by Kadiya »

I have removed all comments here, before I (and the other devs) losing completly the interest to read this thread.

Please just list your Top's here and stop argue or commenting the post of the others.
Alexander Knight

Post by Alexander Knight »

iokay guys i cba to type cos i just been outside and its snowing and my hands are like ice blocks so i'll copy paste it :)

~Being able to actually buy books and take them with you to read later

~Recoloured monsters, and the randomly spawned stronger monsters with special names.

~New graphics tiles like ice walls, hedges, vines, bamboo floor, purple plasma-type-coloured-magical-thing cave, deep water cave (like a cave but tinges of blue and stuff).

~New dungeons (Which, given new graphics, I would gladly make several of).

~New types of elemental swords and the randomly spawned special swords with random titles on the end which have slightly better attributes in some way.

~Magic teaching - completely broken. There should be a way to learn magic on your own since players cannot be depended on <- Missing feature, too.

~Magic resistance for non mages - currently melee combat is effected by 6 stats already; magic is (afaik) effected by 3 stats. It's bullshit to say/assume that fighters should place stat points in WP to bring the required number of stats which influence fighting to 7 to get any chance of not being raped by the flimsiest magic-wielding monsters. A mage even with the worst melee-stats has much easier time developing resistance to melee attacks than a warrior in a comparable situation.

~Ability to puchase books with relevant IG information and carry them on your char (druid books, magic gem books and so and so) as opposed to having to go into set places to read these books

~Inability to learn languages (would need fixed rules)

~Afflictions over skill-loss when dying (never existed, but would make death a more fun affair)

~Yr and Dragon maps are too common. And they shouldnt contain items which can be crafted. No *

~Treasure Maps. carpenter will ever sell an element wand, since good ones can be found easily in those tresures. Same for other items. Also, there are chars doing those alone, simply luring the monsters away and then grab the treasures, not even fighting the monsters. This way they easily gather 20 - 30 Gold.

~Top 2: Archery. If you are able to hit it nearly doesn't hurt an opponent with consti over 10. And it takes thousands of arrows, throwing stars, bolts to train. Too many for such a useless skill. Skillgain is too slow, arrow use too high.

~Armor durability. Honestly...armors never use up. Buy one, find one, and you have it aslong as you don't die and drop it. Deadly for smithes, who have already a hell of a work to craft a single armor.

~Druid and Magic system. Druid get a high amount of different potions, which is great. Magic hasnt much else beside doing damage and healing damage. The other spells miss variety. This makes Mages nearly pure War characters. I wish there would be more spells for magic which DON't have to do with fighting. Like for the druids. Also...give Druids a possibility to get gemdust cheaper...that goblin sells them for too much. New druids HAVE to gather silver like Uncle Scrooge just to be able to make a few potions. Also...please change something with the druid runes...Practicing alchemy is already a pain in the ass due the clicking hell...but then you get runes telling you if someone is ill, poisoned or...got a virus...that are pretty useless runes...illness and viruses are so few in the game mechaning, that you dont need a game mechanic to tell you about them. Also...it makes it difficult to rp sickness. Any druid can look at you and say "You are not sick" since the game mechanic tells him...

~Balance of weapons/Armors. There is none. Anything beside two Serinjah or two magical weapons will lose. We have a dozen different swords and axes, but to be able to win you HAVE to use serinjahs, since everything else is too weak/slow in comparison. A dwarven warrior with two dwarven axes wont stand a chance. Same with a warrior in a heavy armor. Dodge is so powerfull that any warrior relying on heavy armor will lose. Everyone is going onto dodge and Serinjaswords. There is no diversity. This limits some rp alot. As a dwarven char or a knight char you can't rely on axes, twohanded swords and heavy armor, since you will always be the looser.

~Being able to own as a single person a house or a shack.

~Seeing how much a npc enemy is hurt/wounded.

~Not sure if this bug was fixed but poison not being cured by an antidote potion or SIH YEG effectively. Also, poison in general it is too severe and risky to even mess with NPCs that have it. On the flip side poisoned weapons not really doing anything at all.

~Not being able to pull or push yourself when you are a ghost.
Inability to emote when you get ghosted

~Distance weapons, completely ineffective. Mages should be terrified of archers.

~I miss the proposal board.

Love ya all x
Greisling
Beginner NPC Scripter
Location: Go for more communication between Players and Staff

Post by Greisling »

Kadiya wrote:I have removed all comments here, before I (and the other devs) losing completly the interest to read this thread.
It would be good if someone (player) would make a summary of all the statements in one or two weeks, so that devs don't need to read all the texts :-)

Greisling wrote:Most annoying bugs
Top 1: Serinjah sword as uber weapon
Top 2: Stacking of plates and plants
Top 3: (Un-)Packing the mule is soul-destroying
Top 4: The walking of the mule looks stupid
Top 5: Number of badly scripted NPCs who hardly create nice IG atmosphere

Most inbalanced features
Top 1: Magic system
Top 2: Crafting system
Top 3: Money system (including treasure maps)
Top 4: Fighting system
Top 5: Balance of weapons and armors
TOP 6: Balance between Magic, druid, crafting, fighting, money system

Most missed features
Top 1: Game design balance
Top 2: Lesser towns
Top 3: -
Top 4: -
Top 5:-
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

One tiny request: If you list a bug in your top list that is obviously unknown to the staff, could you submit it to mantis, please?

http://mantis.illarion.org

I read many bugs I never heard of... :oops:
Faladron

Post by Faladron »

Die nervigsten Bugs
  • Top 1: Esel Verschwinden
  • Top 2: Volle Taschen crashen das Spiel
  • Top 3: Schwarze Felder nachdem man sich selbst "geschubst hat"
  • Top 4: Durchblättern von Büchern "hängt" (durch Klicken ist es nicht mehr möglich Seiten weiterzublättern, auch mit Mausrad stockend)
  • Top 5:
  • Top 1: Skillgain Allgemein, Skillcap bestraft Rollenspieler
  • Top 2: Handwerkssystem (Items herstellen): Kaum Gewinnspanne, Zeit und Arbeitsintensiv ohne wirklich lohnenswert zu sein
  • Top 3: Handwerksystem (Rohstoffe abbauen): Zeitaufwand steht in keiner Relation zum Ergebnis (Schürfen im Besonderen)
  • Top 4: Kampfsystem, "Ein Ausrüstungsset sie zu knechten sie alle zu finden..."
  • Top 5: Monster-Loot (Schatzkarten, Drop handwerklich hergestellter Items, manche Monster nicht "lohnenswert" gejagt zu werden, dafür werden andere gecampt)
  • Top 6: Magie lernen
  • Top 1: Mehr Dungeons, mehr Monster, mehr Inhalte auf der Karte und / oder Verkleinerung um Spieler wieder an Schlüsselpunkten zu konzentrieren
  • Top 2: Leistbarer Wohnraum für Charaktere ("Eigenes Haus" große Motivation für viele Charaktere, Moneysink durch Erhebung von Miete? Miete (und Untervermietung) größerer Objekte durch Gilden, teilweise Automatisierung dieses Systems um Baumeister zu entlasten (Wenn Miete nichtmehr gezahlt / Mieter inaktiv wird, steht Objekt leer bis andere Gilde/Charakter es von einem NPC anmietet)
  • Top 3: Leichteres Item-Management, einfacheres Depot-Handling (Kisten zur besseren Ordnung, leichteres/schnelleres Drag&Drop, einfacheres Suchen im Depot (Scrollen))
  • Top 4: Vereinheitlichte intuitivere Maus/Keyboard Befehle für Interaktion mit der Umwelt (Werkzeugbenutzung, Static Tools etc. Insbesondere Wassereimer füllen)
  • Top 5: Ein Account für Spiel, Forum und Bugtracker
Orioli

Post by Orioli »

Most annoying bugs
Top 1: donkey disappearing bug

Top 2: moving.. when toggle window.. makes you lock as moving, until relog

Top 3: tiles black when jump or slide/stuck lighting, when it doesn't walk with character

Top 4: distance and poisin weapons ineffective (or too effective as in magic poisin)

Top 5: bag filled bug (freezes when the bag is full)

Most inbalanced features
Top 1: Magic teaching - completely broken. Should be able to learn magic on your own.

Top 2: chance of owning homes and ability to change and decorate them

Top 3: crafting, ease of use/no multiple option(click click click..), and chance of sale

Top 4: Food production and ability to get healthy items

Top 5: Light system (too dark and towns should have constant street lighting)

Most missed features
Top 1: ability to cook without intense power gaming

Top 2: ability to drag monsters or self as a ghost(also to speak as a ghost)

Top 3: ability to move things in bag while working (crafting is click intense enough)

Top 4: stink emotes when working and not bathing (smell like cow dung) loved that!

Top 5: enemy health bars (never existed, but wish it did) Most desired wish:(Being able to actually get books and take them with you / more books needed)
Thrym

Post by Thrym »

Most annoying bugs
Top 1: Bag full bug.
Top 2: Map rip bug.
Top 3:
Top 4:
Top 5:

Most inbalanced features
Top 1: Magic system -- too long, much powergaming, all meant for pwning in combat.
Top 2: Distance fighting system -- too ineffective.
Top 3: Melee fighting system -- one setup to rule them all...
Top 4: Alchemy system. Despite what some may think about alchemists having "a potion for everything" which, by the engine, might seem true, they also do not make 95% of the potions that they potentially could. The reason for this is that they are so annoyingly hard/long to make that they are not considered worth it -- especially for one-time/short length use. Also, in order to learn any of this 95% that they will never make, they must sacrifice skill levels. They're not nearly as powerful as they might seem in theory.
Top 5:

Most missed features
Top 1: The skill books like Galim spoke of! I missed getting told that I'm a sub-par warrior (never could fight those rotworms... have to be grandmaster at LEAST! ^_^).
Top 2: Druid system (It never existed, but it would be nice to have one... you know, like more classic RPGs do). We have an alchemy/potion system instead, making what should have been magical nothing more than a science craft, and making other characters constantly ask my druid "What potions can you make!?1/!1!?" upon meeting him.
Top 3: Druid runes being useful. At least 50% of them have no use whatsoever, and more non-examining ones would be nice for replacing them (leave the attributes one! We all love that >:]). If you -must- keep the useless ones (like measuring sickness, intoxication, etc) just combine them into one, and save some space for something actually wanted.
Top 4: Alchemy skills actually being used for anything. The only one that seems useful is the skill "alchemy" which only gives you extra runes as you drag shift click and repeat a billion times, and even then many runes are not useful. The other alchemy "skills" seem to have absolutely no effect on anything whatsoever. Making (interesting) potions has absolutely nothing do to with your IG skill level, but instead is based on waiting around for herbs to come into season/hoping to god that you find a decent quality rare herb/correctly combining the list of herbs you waited 2 R/L months for.
Top 5:
Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho »

Most inbalanced features

* Top 1: Skill gain balance: Too much time for too little gain, this may be magnified by 2/3
* Top 2: Weapon/Armor Balance: Including ranged weaponry.
* Top 3: Crafting Balance
* Top 4: Time between Areas of Interest
* Top 5: ?
Friedwulfa

Post by Friedwulfa »

Estralis Seborian wrote: Die nervigsten Bugs
  • Top 1: Eselbug
  • Top 2: das "dunkle" Teil vorm Tor von SB
  • Top 3: teilweise sehr ruckelndes laufen "unterirdisch"
  • Top 4:
  • Top 5:
  • Top 1: Magie, wobei es gegen einzelne Magier erträglich ist wenn man viele Freunde hat ;)
  • Top 2: Fernkampf!
  • Top 3: Craftingaufwand im Vergleich zum Lootertrag wenn man "dickere" mobs killt
  • Top 4: Kampf eigentlich generell, aber das ist ja bekannt und kann vernachlässigt werden
  • Top 5: Schatzkarten, der Sprung von zu leicht bis zu schwer erscheint mir zu apruppt
  • Top 1: Giftresistenz
  • Top 2: Kampftaktiken (blocken/normaler Kampf/Berserker zB)
  • Top 3: Lehrbare Handels-NPCs (als Stadtchefin will ich den HändlerNPCs sagen können was sie kaufen/verkaufen dürfen)
  • Top 4: Ein Map-editor der jedem zugänglich ist und wenn man was gemappt hat, sollte ein GM via "OK-Klick" das schnellstmöglich einfügen können
  • Top 5: Selbsteditierbare Autoemotes für Magier und gerne auch Kämpfer um og Kampftaktiken deutlich zu machen
2 Kleinigkeiten noch am Rande die ich nicht einordnen konnte.

1) Warum lässt man das "alte" Gift nicht im Game solang man keine andere Lösung gefunden hat? So viele Leute sind genervt davon und mit, zumindest erscheint es so, minimalem Aufwand wären einige viel zufriedener.

2) Kann man nicht eine Möglichkeit finden, magische Gegenstände herstellbar zu machen? Da wäre doch die Möglichkeit die Elementare mehr zu nutzen und die reinen Elemente als Craft-item dazu zu packen.
Grokk

Post by Grokk »

Imbalanced features/missing features/whatever
  • Top 1: Thinly spread population - one or two large settlements would be plenty
  • Top 2: Skill system
  • Top 3: Magic teaching
  • Top 4: Weapon/armour/combat diversity
  • Top 5: Lack of planned quests/storylines
wilf

Post by wilf »

Die nervigsten Bugs

* Top 1: Taschen-Bug
* Top 2: Der Esel^^
* Top 3: ich weis nich ob es ein Bug ist aber: Du willst was in die Truhe tun, was neben dir aufm Boden liegt: "du kannst nicht soviel tragen" (( es dann nachher im 20ger Schritten einräum...-.-))
* Top 4:
* Top 5:

* Top 1:magiesystem (ich weis, ein klassiker^^)
* Top 2: Das Schützen system... gaanz ehrlich... ich habe neulich hasen gejagt... von insgesamt gut 550 Pfeilen habe ich nur noch 135... oder so... und mehr als 300 Pfeile verlust zu machen um insgesamt 90 Hasenfleisch zu haben?!
* Top 3:
* Top 4:
* Top 5:

* Top 1: Wie Vigalf sagte... Kinderfeature
* Top 2: Gnomenwerkstadt^^
* Top 3: is zwar kein Engine Feature aber... Besseres RP
* Top 4:
* Top 5:
Rhianna Morgan

Post by Rhianna Morgan »

Die nervigsten Bugs

*TOP 1: Depot bis auf einen Slot voll, ich will irgendwas rausnehmen, *Du kannst nicht soviel tragen* => Alles futsch.
*TOP 2: Das Eselchen
*TOP 3: Tapferes Schneiderlein ^^ (ich mag den Namen)
*TOP 4: Das mit den überfüllten und daher gesperrten Taschen
*TOP 5: ehm, vier langen denk ich

Die unbalanciertesten Features

*TOP 1: Magie (ja, ein Klassiker, aber wirklich wahr)
*TOP 2: Fernkampfwaffen sind megaschwach, wozu benutzen Jäger überhaupt noch Bögen wenn es Schwerter eh mehr bringen?
*TOP 3: Skillsystem... Das treibt mich irgendwann noch in den Wahnsinn
*TOP 4: Ghosten nimmt Skill, woraufhin das ohnehin nervige Skillen erst recht Zeit für RP nimmt
*TOP 5: Das momentane Kampfsystem dass sich ja bald - hoffentlich sehr zum besseren - ändern dürfte

*TOP 1: Kinderchars!!!
*TOP 2: Ausbau der Wildnis, um Chars wie stadthassende Waldläufer auch wirklich mal rpen zu können. Also Depots und vll den einstmals vorgeschlagenen "Arbeitsstumpf" an die vorhandenen Lagerplätze für mehr Spass ausserhalb der Siedlungen!
*TOP 3: Lösung für das Proposal-Board-Problem die die Community nicht derart ausgrenzt
*TOP 4: Irgendeine Lösung so dass Sonderrassenspieler eine faire Questchance kriegen ihre Chars in ne andre Rasse zu überführen und weiterzuspielen! (Natürlich mit gewissen Attributsänderungen, alles in einem sinnvollen Rahmen, und vll um Dramaqueenrp zu vermeiden, sollte jeder Spieler der sowas vorhat einen Aufsatz verfassen müssen so wie damals bei der Bewerbung... aber bitte, denkt nomal drüber nach...)
*TOP 4: Jetzt werd ich bissl spinnert aber Reittiere wären in ferner Zukunft wirklich sooooooooooo toll ^^
RayJ

Top five

Post by RayJ »

annoying -#1 vanishing mule
#2 overfull bag
Tired of
#1 people that complain of a large map, with all kinds of other forms of transportation

Inbalanced-#1 is magic, and how it is taught, but everyone knows this, so why wait to fix?
#2 since I am fairly new, this may be wrong, but crafting is very unequal, .. candles , risk to be attacked, two tools, one static,no fail...
oil , one tool, one static, no fail
torch , three tool, one static, and fail.
all sell about the same price

Am new so no missed but would much rather have random encounters while traveling, than paper dolling