where's the builder?

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Alexander Knight

where's the builder?

Post by Alexander Knight »

Well the topic's what the title is... Does the builder ever really come on anymore? If not is there any possibility of getting someone to stand in for him? More that 1 builder wouldnt be a bad thing would it?
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

In urgent cases, contact GM Mesha. In non urgent cases, be patient.
Alexander Knight

Post by Alexander Knight »

I'm now questioning dear sir just saying THEY NEED BUILDERS,
Lets face it he's never online, Not having a dig as i'm sure he's got a reason butwe as players shouldnt have to suffer, maybe even appoint someone with knowledge in the area who know's what their doing
1d20

Post by 1d20 »

For once, even though I think Lenny is 1337, I agree with Alex. :(
Revan

Post by Revan »

Alexander Knight wrote:...we as players shouldnt have to suffer, maybe even appoint someone with knowledge in the area who know's what their doing
Appointing someone to be a builder is -not- simple. There is a framework behind this game that requires considerable effort and "time", not to mention responsibility. Obviously the VBU is occupying a majority of that time, and the staff is busy with their own specific responsibilities. The builder requires a lot of access to this game and choosing one will not come lightly. As long as I have been here, Lennier has been the builder and if he takes a few months off for vacation the game will be here when he gets back. In the broad spectrum of things a few months without building isn't a bad thing. Especially, when there is a huge update coming in the future.

Please take heed to Estralis' words and let us have patience. Just think since the builder is on vacation when he comes back or a new one is established you can have a larger house.
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

I hope that VBU atleast cures cancer, give birth to the choosen child and ends worldhunger..

Really..you cannot let everything go to waste to get the VBU running, when it might still take months to finish, because in the time you bring out the VBU there might be too few people to enjoy it...that said I do not want to cast a doubt over the scripters and graphics work and anything else, its simply something like "Lets have anarchie for a year and than etablish the worlds best geoverment evar" Ohh what you say..some men burning your wives and raping your churches, well my good sir you better wait for that awesome new goverment !
Laying all the eggs in one basket, specially because lennier oversees gm complain aswell, always is a mistake, we should have learned that as Bror left the game and everyone tried to figure stuff out.
Kranek

Post by Kranek »

Telling a new person how to handle the map-loading thing will take months.
The VBU will introduce easier ways to upload things in some months...so: any good reason to teach someone a system that will get obsolet in as soon as he finishes learning it?
Caynwyn

Post by Caynwyn »

No one is getting paid to make the players "happy", all work is volunteer. I am surprised that there is as much volunteers as there are and am willing to wait.
Alsaya

Post by Alsaya »

Pellandria, are you really comparing Illarion to a government? Never thought we have such a huge impact on anyones real life.

Anyways, Lennier will be back when he finished his diploma thesis, I don't think anyone can blame him to work on it and ignoring Illarion for a few months. RL always comes first in the Staff (otherwise you burn out real quick).

So Estralis already said it all, concerning the map stuff.