Wiki update

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Alexander Knight

Wiki update

Post by Alexander Knight »

Hey guys just browsing through and noticed a few things on Wiki are some what dated.

Was just wondering if it was possible to get a few people to help update it and fill in the missing gaps (Obviously leaving out the weapon values till after the VBU).
Alexander Knight

Its mostly items that need updating and filling in http://illarion.org/community/wiki/index.php/Monsters (The links to the drops)

And is there anyway i can get the weapon images to fill them in?
Alexander Knight

And before anyone asks i'm doing this because we are on the dawn of the VBU and my guess is that our char database is going to grow considerably with paper dolling so we might aswell get some players to help out to take a bit of stress off the dev's and do something for new players
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Um.. I thought in another thread someone said it's coming out late next year?
Alexander Knight

:O What? I thought they were doing it for the new year? new year, new system and all that
Blay

Post by Blay »

Alexander Knight wrote:for the new year?
it'll maybe come DURING the next year, but not at the beginning of the year
Alexander Knight

Rowan Daratir wrote:
Alexander Knight wrote:for the new year?
it'll maybe come DURING the next year, but not at the beginning of the year
You know my whole christmas is ruined :|
Rekarafi

Post by Rekarafi »

Well, maybe santa clause could help making the update if you say pleeeeeeeeeaaaase :mrgreen:
Rhianna Morgan

Post by Rhianna Morgan »

Illa ruins your christmas??? Get a RL then ^^

I so can't wait any more before it is finally the 24th, finally no more tests at university, finally back at my family's... *counts days*
Alexander Knight

Rhianna Morgan wrote:Illa ruins your christmas??? Get a RL then ^^

I so can't wait any more before it is finally the 24th, finally no more tests at university, finally back at my family's... *counts days*
Well honestly i aint really a christmas person, more exciting about my gf getting excited
Llama

Post by Llama »

Alexander Knight wrote:And before anyone asks i'm doing this because we are on the dawn of the VBU
The VBU is SCHEDULED to come out towards early-mid 2010. It is not coming out tomorrow, or the day after. There is a ton of work to be done.
Alexander Knight

Hadrian_Abela wrote:
Alexander Knight wrote:And before anyone asks i'm doing this because we are on the dawn of the VBU
The VBU is SCHEDULED to come out towards early-mid 2010. It is not coming out tomorrow, or the day after. There is a ton of work to be done.
Okay so we still got time to do the wiki, screenshots and video then
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

.. >_>

The game client is updating. Why feel the need to bring a load of media at the same time? Surely if we bring out media around the time of the VBU it should be demonstrating NEW stuff.

You seem to be under the false impression that suddenly everyone in the world will pay attention to illarion on the day the update comes out.
Alexander Knight

AlexRose wrote:.. >_>

The game client is updating. Why feel the need to bring a load of media at the same time? Surely if we bring out media around the time of the VBU it should be demonstrating NEW stuff.

You seem to be under the false impression that suddenly everyone in the world will pay attention to illarion on the day the update comes out.
But you admit that we will get more players? and if we all group together and just fill in a few things which are in the old and new client which may inspire and help a handful of players keep playing Illarion i honestly think thats a fair trade. I aint talking nothing major just perhaps a description of the weapons

E.G http://illarion.org/community/wiki/inde ... re_Weapons

http://illarion.org/community/wiki/inde ... ng_Weapons

http://illarion.org/community/wiki/inde ... &redlink=1

http://illarion.org/community/wiki/index.php/Items
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

I don't think we'll get more players visiting the domain in the first place. I think we'll get more players who see the new screenshots and decide to register, and more people who'll stay active after registration. Getting screenshots of the old client won't change the amount of people who decide to register, and really, who looks at a wiki before playing the game? 95% of the people who come here won't even look at the rules, let alone the wiki. I imagine less still will look at the weapons section. So, although at some point it would be nice to have those things done, sure, I don't personally think it's in any way urgent or ever will be.
Alexander Knight

AlexRose wrote:I don't think we'll get more players visiting the domain in the first place. I think we'll get more players who see the new screenshots and decide to register, and more people who'll stay active after registration. Getting screenshots of the old client won't change the amount of people who decide to register, and really, who looks at a wiki before playing the game? 95% of the people who come here won't even look at the rules, let alone the wiki. I imagine less still will look at the weapons section. So, although at some point it would be nice to have those things done, sure, I don't personally think it's in any way urgent or ever will be.
Well thats your opinion mate, cis i know one of the main reasons i still plays is because of the well thought out/planned history and the information side. I am still finding things i didnt know on wiki.
Just thought that if we were to fill out all the blanks and re-write the bad articles people would appriciate.
It aint a fact whether or not i will do it, more of a fact that i need help because i will do it even if it takes me the best part of a month but as older players i thought you could put in your knowledge
Alexander Knight

Okay guys... need ya help.
http://illarion.org/community/wiki/inde ... _of__items

I only tried to upload and store the pics and it messed with the lay out.

If someone can try and explain to stop it from happening from the other pages And i need someone to help me rename
Llama

Post by Llama »

Fun fact: The 'power' of weapons and armour is going to get changed with the VBU. So its very useless to stay messing around with item lists, since all of that will be invalidated - since you seem to be aiming at post-VBU.
Alexander Knight

Thats why i'm leaving the power empty, i just used 1 of them as a template and aint edited it yet
Vern Kron

Post by Vern Kron »

Also:

PLEASE STOP DOUBLE POSTING.
We have an edit feature. USE IT.

Thanks.
Alexander Knight

But does it class as a new comment if i edit it?
Vern Kron

Post by Vern Kron »

Does that really matter? And I think so, if you are the last poster.
Alexander Knight

Okay cheers but back to subject, can someone tell me where i went wrong?
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Well first of all, you edited the wiki.
Kranek

Post by Kranek »

AlexRose wrote:Well first of all, you edited the wiki.
Yep. Is there any way to restore the old page?
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Yeah you go in history at the top and revert to old version.
Alexander Knight

But i was trying to edit it. I put in a table (I used the one on slashing as a template) and then it went weird
Alsaya

Post by Alsaya »

If you have no experience or clue of the wiki syntax just leave it be. It makes more work for others to clean up after you or if you really want to help, make a wiki tutorial first.
Alexander Knight

But Alsaya i cant find anyone else willing to help :(
I dont mind putting in all the work if they just tell me what to do
Alsaya

Post by Alsaya »

No one is going to tell you what to do. You said, that you want to update some wiki articles than you do it. If you have no clue of the wiki syntax than make a tutorial or use google. If you can't find the answer after you looked in the wiki tutorial and tried google you can send me a pm and I will try to help. This only concerns the syntax though not the content.