Destroying the races

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Kranek

Post by Kranek »

@Alex: It's not possible with the new client.
Nalzaxx

Post by Nalzaxx »

By the Gods people.

Does it kill you to show a little gratitude?

The devs have, and still do, work incredibly hard on this project to completely revamp illarion and make it a significantly better game in almost every single aspect.

And all you can do is bitch about the fact you can't play fairies anymore?

What the smile is wrong with you people?
orgis

Post by orgis »

they like fairy dust? :lol:
Tanistian_Kanea

Post by Tanistian_Kanea »

mesha has already offered to do quests to get rid of said characters. what i don't understand is why we can't do a quest that instead of getting rid of the characters, we are instead turned into something else. I am extremely glad they have offered to transfer the skills, but i think it would be great roleplay to have a fairy turned human or something. i do not believe someone has yet explained this problem to me.
Rhianna Morgan

Post by Rhianna Morgan »

I feel exactly like you do, honestly, but I am afraid we will have to just let it be *sniff* and let them do paperdolling instead.

Perhaps one far away day they will reimplement fairies and gnomes and goblins... And up to then we won't have any chance to talk our way through with it. Nitram said it already, they won't allow switched chars (from fairy to human etc) so I guess well, we don't have much of a choice anyways...

Just enjoy your christmas holiday, your paperdolling, and create a new char *sighs*
Tanistian_Kanea

yes but all he gave for an explanation is it would be weird. if the devs&gm's have a good reason why a few characters could not change race at the end of a quest, than say so, give it. otherwise it is sounding very much like it is simply our way or the highway, on something not technically difficult to carry out, in fact, i would imagine it requires less work to change a characters race, then it does to create a new character and upload all the stats.

edit: let me also make it clear that i am also annoyed, that the devs/gm's did not tell us this was going to happen, but instead we found out from someone else asking question about what will happen to these races. whoever made this decision should have been the ones to tell us. it seems to me like something slipped you didn't want to get out just yet.

edit: and it frustrates me that i have to dig for explanations and that you have no intention whatsoever of changing your mind or compromising.
Rhianna Morgan

Post by Rhianna Morgan »

Maybe that is because they have not fully figured out what to do with these races instead, so they wanted some more time to think about it, figure something out, but well it got out beforehand, so now they were forced to make some kind of choice... :(
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

Don't cry Tanistian.

You were not informed YET. And just because someone was asking NOW you got this information. This update is still months away and within a descent time before, when everything is clear how its handled, you would have been informed.

Current state is that we won't do enormous work of implementing paperdolling for 3 additional races that are played in total by a count of players you can nearly count at the fingers of two hands. Not because its not possible, but because it too much work resulting in far too less effect. Thats just the way it is. And now, even if we would consider this, it would be also not possible just to use the current sprites for this races on. I won't say now why it is so, but it is this way.

Now why don't the races just get changed in a quest. Simple: The attributes are entirely out of order and there is NO good explanation why a fairy suddenly becomes a orc. And even if we could explain this change some way it still would result that the changed characters get all times of physical and psychical problems at living in their "new" body. And that will result in strange, confusing and at the end worse roleplay, we are not going to support.

And this is a decision.
Tanistian_Kanea wrote:i would imagine it requires less work to change a characters race, then it does to create a new character and upload all the stats.
Surely you are right. But in order to support the players in really having 2 different characters we not only change the race, we also change the character ID and allow changing all attributes.

Nitram
Tanistian_Kanea

Nitram wrote:Don't cry Tanistian.

You were not informed YET. And just because someone was asking NOW you got this information. This update is still months away and within a descent time before, when everything is clear how its handled, you would have been informed.
so i was right, someone let the information slip you didn't want out
Tanistian_Kanea wrote:it seems to me like something slipped you didn't want to get out just yet.
Nitram wrote:Current state is that we won't do enormous work of implementing paperdolling for 3 additional races that are played in total by a count of players you can nearly count at the fingers of two hands. Not because its not possible, but because it too much work resulting in far too less effect. Thats just the way it is. And now, even if we would consider this, it would be also not possible just to use the current sprites for this races on. I won't say now why it is so, but it is this way.
i believe i said a number of posts ago that I understand it would be to much work to paperdoll these as doing the male fairy would only benefit me.
Tanistian_Kanea wrote:though i can understand leaving out these races from paper dolling, to few people play them. (i play one of the 6 fairies and the only male one, and i haven't been ig much of the last few months because of college, which means paper dolling the male fairy avatar would benefit only me)
Nitram wrote:Now why don't the races just get changed in a quest. Simple: The attributes are entirely out of order and there is NO good explanation why a fairy suddenly becomes a orc. And even if we could explain this change some way it still would result that the changed characters get all times of physical and psychical problems at living in their "new" body. And that will result in strange, confusing and at the end worse roleplay, we are not going to support.

And this is a decision.
you don't think we can do it so your not risking it. and as for how the mind of a fairy ends up in a human body there are numerous different methods one could use. in this it is a matter of opinion.
Tanistian_Kanea wrote:but i think it would be great roleplay to have a fairy turned human or something
Nitram wrote:
Tanistian_Kanea wrote:i would imagine it requires less work to change a characters race, then it does to create a new character and upload all the stats.
Surely you are right.But in order to support the players in really having 2 different characters we not only change the race, we also change the character ID and allow changing all attributes.

Nitram
To sum up, I was right, I was right, "Because you said so and you don't think we could handle it" and i was right. for the record. because you said so, and you don't think we could handle it, is a bad reason, which is what i suspected.
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

Its a good reason for me.

And if you think otherwise its bad but not really important. If you want to give your voice any value you should at least play Illarion. But the way it is now, all the things your are writing are basically "Oh no! They want to delete my entirely inactive character!!! I have to do anything (but playing) against this in order to keep them in this inactive way!"

Nitram
Rhianna Morgan

Post by Rhianna Morgan »

Tanistian_Kanea wrote:you don't think we can do it so your not risking it. and as for how the mind of a fairy ends up in a human body there are numerous different methods one could use. in this it is a matter of opinion.
I am not all for this post above me because I think Tani got a bit lost with his temper, but I have to agree with him at this point. It sounds harsh and bitter, but he is absolutely right here. You don't think we can do it, and so you just assume it would be best to forbid to do it, instead of letting us try. I have no problem writing another essay to be allowed to change my fairy, I will write you half a novel if I have to do so ^^.

I just feel that you don't trust us enough to let us do some good rp, because you BELIEVE that we are not capable of it, as you said yourself, *It would turn out as bad rp anyways*...

Why can't we at least give it a try? I mean, how many fairies are there? Eleven, right? So why not let those POs who want to change their chars write an essay, you tell us how long you want it to be, all of us do so as a homework, and the ones who were good enough in explaining what they would rp if they got the chance, are allowed to switch races?

I think it would be great fun, and Mesha for sure would help us performing a wonderful quest, involving not only the special races POs, but many more...

But first of all, we have to ask for a little bit of your trust, and that goes to all the staff. If you don't trust us players any more, then why exactly do you do so much to help this game? Why don't you spend all this time of yours doing something else?

Okay that were my two cents, better my four cents because it was quite a lot of talking ^^...

I hope you can show us as much respect as explaining to us why you don't trust us that much.
Blay

Post by Blay »

Why is there still a need to discuss this? You've heard the reasons.

Furthermore...
Nitram wrote:this is a decision.
Nitram
Developer

Post by Nitram »

Word.

Everything was said and the opinions are taken into consideration.

State of the thing is:
  • The special races are removed
  • The existing characters of this races are transfered to the other races, to new characters, that have nothing to do with the former special race character
Lock.