Attn: Crafters - Opinions wanted

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

orgis

Post by orgis »

you may sell your produce at that if ya want, just think of all the poor folk who will be running about in rags soon enough though :lol:
Llama

Post by Llama »

Dear everyone

If you continue to fill the thread with economics discussion, I will simply skim over it. If I skim over it, there is a good chance of missing a suggestion or two burried under the text.

So for everyone's sake, if the economy is in trouble, put it on another thread, and save this thread for mechanic-related information.

Regards

Llama
Dahinar Sharpeye

Post by Dahinar Sharpeye »

It is possible to make the plates stackable, they are quite annoying since you cant stack them.
Rekarafi

Post by Rekarafi »

Wait for the VBU.
Anon of D'Athen

Post by Anon of D'Athen »

A simple proposal really, and not having much to do with mechanics but something that's bothered me for ages.
change the name of things like 'chain shirt' or 'chain leggings' to 'mail hauberk' and 'mail leggings'. chain mail is simply a ugly sounding miss-terming of, well, modern games. Mail is the Latin term for 'net' and hence the naming of the armour. 'Chain mail' is redundant and annoying. More accurate naming, though not necessary, its a nice bit of candy for people who know the terminology.

Thank ye',

Anon
Phib

Post by Phib »

I don't post often... only on OT.. but as my PO is a miner... coal, and iron rule the smithing industry... i just supply it... but can we have more ways to use gems? i know where to get rid of raw blustones for coin.. but maybe more importance for topaz, rubies, ems, amies, etc....

maybe making goldsmithing easier.. but with the required smithing skill and the right tools... just to put these stones to use... the North mine produces plenty raw blackstone... but they are my basic practice gems because no one wants them.... maybe i missed a key trade but just wanted to say a word. Thanks

Phibol
Mesha

Post by Mesha »

Phib wrote:I don't post often... only on OT.. but as my PO is a miner... coal, and iron rule the smithing industry... i just supply it... but can we have more ways to use gems? i know where to get rid of raw blustones for coin.. but maybe more importance for topaz, rubies, ems, amies, etc....

maybe making goldsmithing easier.. but with the required smithing skill and the right tools... just to put these stones to use... the North mine produces plenty raw blackstone... but they are my basic practice gems because no one wants them.... maybe i missed a key trade but just wanted to say a word. Thanks

Phibol
Goldsmithing will be looked at, as your points are very valid. I believe Hadrian has his mind set on some larger changes to goldsmithing to fix these kind of problems.
Thurik Goldenhand

Post by Thurik Goldenhand »

Goldsmiths should be able to smith finesmithing hammers.
Rekarafi

Post by Rekarafi »

That smith's are doing.

Fishers dont fish fishing rods, do they?
Thurik Goldenhand

Post by Thurik Goldenhand »

I still think goldsmiths should be able to smith their own fine smithing hammer. Isn't it made out of copper anyway?
Thrym

Post by Thrym »

Is it possible to have life roots obtained by a method other than one that is highly frowned upon by the people that would use it? (I.e. have it not only be obtained by ripping up huge trees... for one root)
Magdha Tiefenerz

Post by Magdha Tiefenerz »

Gathering or producing a certain item should only stop to increase your appropriate skill level, if the maximum skill level attainable by gathering or producing the item gives you a fair amount of success. I think 80-90% should be a good criteria.

Example:

Gathering berries with the maximum attainable skill level by collecting berries is just annoying because of the low success rate. Clicking the tool again and again to get just some berries is no fun.
Baylamon

Post by Baylamon »

I like the crafting system and I agree with total overview, given by Magda.

The main point I dislike is the mass production of anything, to gain skill.

My idea here is to have some items, nobody really need and you can not sell them to a NPC but what takes a lot of time to make them. Something like art.
- Since there is not a need of material within each step the amount of material could be limited
- The crafter could fail and loose all work at any step
- the final quality says something about the skill of the crafter

Having a lot of steps would help to allow RP and at the final end ... maybe people just like to own a masterpiece without function.

It could something like
- carved figures with ornamented socket
1st Step make a socket with slicer, 2nd step carve a figure and mount
- smithed flower
1st step the stalk, 2nd step the rose
- a parfum for alchemist
1st step extracting of ingedience, 2nd step destillation of parfum
- a ball dress
1st step weaving a special material 2nd sewing it

By the way,
I remember my time as apprentice in locksmith. At the 1st beginning we filed some days on a simpel rectangular solid (50x50x30) just to get a feeling for rectangulars, tools and material. Loocking back after years ... it wasn't a lost time.
Kranek

Post by Kranek »

Erstmal auf deutsch, ich übersetz es später ins englische:

Warum bei allen Göttern wiegen Sachen mehr nachdem ich sie bearbeitet habe?? Ich kann 50 rohe Steine tragen und hau die auseinander, muss dann aber unterbrechen weil die plötzlich mehr wiegen wenn sie zerhauen sind als im rohen Zustand. Is mir auch bei Eisenbarren aufgefallen...
Rekarafi

Post by Rekarafi »

Jau, ziemlich seltsame Sache.

Rohe Steine -> Kiesel und behauene Steine

Da ab und zu etwas Staub zu Boden fällt, oder Brocken einfach nicht zu benutzen sind, sollten die weniger oder zumindest gleichviel wiegen (also 5 Kiesel und 1 behauener Stein) als ein roher Stein.

Und vielleicht das Gewicht von Eisenbarren senken. Dass ich nur 20 tragen kann ist seltsam, früher bin ich mit 50 herumgerannt O.o
Vern Kron

Post by Vern Kron »

@Baylamon

I agree with you for the most part. I do love to rp my crafting, but no one (or very few) seem to care. Especially now. But in any case, you can continue to rp working after the item is complete. Don't think that just because the annoying sound has faded away, you have to stop. :P Thats my reasoning on not making it last so long.