Proposal Forum

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

pharse

Post by pharse »

You can't say that "the old way" would work now as well as then. I don't know what has changed, but something has changed for sure, perhaps it's another player base.

As it is now, this seems to me a good solution, for now, until the VBU. Then we'll see.
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

Just as a sidenote concerning Pellandria's issue of volume and weight: Of course this caught the attention of, in this case, a GM, was worked on and the result improved the situation. Said GM cannot recall any proposal concerning this, at least nothing substantial. The last update - weight and volume of items was redone from scratch for all(!) items - yielded that an ordinary character can carry a bag full of ordinary items (volume limit~=capacity of the character). Before, one usually hit the volume limit long before one was encumbered. And many values of weight and volume were utter nonsense, such as a shield having ten times the volume of a plate mail. But as it seems, nobody noticed this for years...?

The use of bags to manage a depot is a nice side purpose of bags, but bags are ment to be carried around. The depot itself has unlimited volume and weight capacity and hence, is only limited by the number of slots. But anyway, this is about the proposal board: as written in the news entry, the devs and GMs still care for proposals. They'll gladly discuss any reasonable suggestion and, as soon as there is time, implement it. The way the proposal board was used, as "brain toilet", did not help the game at all.

I think this discussion comes to an end. Let us all 'swallow' the decision of the Illarion e.V., calm down for some weeks and then, in special when we all beheld the gloryness of the big update, let's see what useful way we can find to let the players contribute to the development process. The old way did not work at all.
Llama

Post by Llama »

Allright, look at the last 10 proposals before the board was 'closed'

How many were good, bad, crap?

And how many of the 'good' were made by members of the society/helpers?

ADDED: Let me help

Goblin Warriors - Minor change [Unnnecessary]
Thread [Good - Made by me]
Increase the skill gain on mages [Good, but already known]
AE vs BE [Thread started by GM]
The vanishing "PO" [Universally Panned]
Whats with the weather? [No real suggestion]
Merchandise [??? - Made by me]
Myspace/Facebook [Crap]
Ghosted
Mmm, food is good for you [Turned into large discussion - made by me]
Prizes for promotion [Crap]
Free Food vs. Cooking [Good? ]
Misspelling [Unnecessary]
Fill the towns of illarion with more players!! [Hahahaha]
Bandages [Good- Made by me]
Monster genau ansehen [Dunno, you tell me.]
Weight gain [crap]
House items [crap]
Pets [crap]
Copy and paste [Good idea - but unnecessary - already known]
Starting Skills [Good]
A few suggestions [???]
The Armour Problem [??? - Mine]
Liazrd sprites [Crap]
Map marker [Good idea - But unnecessary - already known]
The Bandit makes a quick grab... [Complaint - Mine]
Lichtsystem [You tell me]
Evolution [Crap]

So, proposals board is a collection of good ideas?
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

Hadrian_Abela wrote:Monster genau ansehen [Unnecessary as I was told, already in work. No details provided]
Lichtsystem [33% good, but almost all replies were useless]
Pellandria

Post by Pellandria »

Even if I go off topic here..
@Estralis: While I, of course, like changes as that it still remains a problem that the dedpot itself just has around 100 slots..which is really not enough if you bake, cook or do any other ressources intensiv craft or you want to build something than you are spreading your possesions out to about every depot you can to atleast keep some kind of space in your "main" depot.

Couldn't we get the chests back or maybe introduce a new item the "storage" bag, maybe can be tailored with decent skill takes about 5 time the ressources and offers storage around well may 7 times bigger than the usual bag.
Llama

Post by Llama »

*nicks Pellandria's idea*

I'll put a proposal about this later ;)
Arvemor

Post by Arvemor »

Hadrian_Abela wrote:Allright, look at the last 10 proposals before the board was 'closed'

Myspace/Facebook [Crap]
Ouch.
Mesha

Post by Mesha »

I think this discussion comes to an end. Let us all 'swallow' the decision of the Illarion e.V., calm down for some weeks and then, in special when we all beheld the gloryness of the big update, let's see what useful way we can find to let the players contribute to the development process. The old way did not work at all.
All has been said.