The vanishing "PO"

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

RayJ

The vanishing "PO"

Post by RayJ »

"Players of" should atleast have to reach the cross, or a bed, or some neutral place before quiting. I hate talking to someone, then watching them vanish
Aldan Vian

Post by Aldan Vian »

And..what happens when we're fighting things in the crypt and we're far below the ground, when we suddenly have to leave? We stay loged in and wait for the things to kill us?
Kenneth Ladrus

Post by Kenneth Ladrus »

Seems like you have nice partners, quitting in conversations. Never happened to me before, whoever, what if you have to leave suddenly or something?
Blay

Post by Blay »

So you want to force the players to stay online until they reached a "logoff" place?
uh..no
Juliana D'cheyne

Post by Juliana D'cheyne »

No one that I have RP'd with has "disappeared" out of the blue UNLESS they are kicked offline which happens at least once a day to someone :wink: . Typically when that happens, I wait until they get back ig knowing the PO is trying to, after awhile I figure they were unable to and go somewhere else but at least give them a good 15 minutes.

If I know I can't stay ig with any kind of certainty, at least to RP I have to leave and even an ooc (( sorry, got to go )) in emergency, I don't RP with anyone... the advantages of "training" or PGing sometimes is when you don't know how long you can stay ig.

Seems like you have nice partners, quitting in conversations
I agree, don't think I would continue to RP with someone that leaves without any RP or even a quick ooc *shrugs* . I don't think forcing someone to go to a particular place to log is the answer however.
1d20

Post by 1d20 »

Oh hell no.
Kranek

Post by Kranek »

No.

Was even proposed in the past and got rejected. will be rejected again
Olive

Post by Olive »

some of us have children, these chliden cause us to have to log off at a moemnts notice to go deal withtheir bad behaviors

*thumbs down*