Myspace/Facebook

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Arvemor

Myspace/Facebook

Post by Arvemor »

Does Illarion have a myspace, or facebook?
Be a good, free advertisement!
Kranek

Post by Kranek »

Difficult.
Would need time from the GMs which would be at a better use here...
Arvemor

Post by Arvemor »

Hmmm...well, I'll bet there is someone here that really knows facebook/myspace etc. perhaps that wouldn't mind investing time?
Anyway, open for discussion I guess.
Kranek

Post by Kranek »

*looks around* i could help, maybe with the german one, though i dont have the time to run it...
Keikan Hiru

Post by Keikan Hiru »

Call me old fashioned, but you are not official members of Illarion and thus should not create something like a Illarion facebook page.
You are not representing the game or the team behind it.

Submitting reviews or list entries is one thing, creating a "the Illarion page of Facebook" is something completely different.
You'd better spend your time by adding a section dedicated to Illarion into your own Facebook/MySpace/VZ profile and create awareness this way.
Other ways might include creating a group, a ring, a peer-group or however it is called in your social network, or simply creating a old fashined fan web page (especialy if you have a high google rank).
Arvemor

Post by Arvemor »

I'm not offering to make it...
I was hoping someone else might step forward. And I'm sure noone would mind if Kranek did it while working with gm's.
1d20

Post by 1d20 »

Arvenor, if you want to make it, don't listen to Keikan because his post was really unintelligent.

I'd say go for it and make it, "official" member or not, way to make interested new players welcome Keikan.

Eventually if a staff member asks you for access to it then give it to them, but until someone wants to do it, you're just offering free advertisement and shouldn't think twice about it really. It's nice of you.
Llama

Post by Llama »

I never really saw the point of Facebook to promote stuff like that at all.

While I do think its a nice idea, making something like that might be illegal due to copyrights. Though illarion is a free-to-play game, it still has copyrights stuck to it.
Estralis Seborian

Post by Estralis Seborian »

Though illarion is a free-to-play game, it still has copyrights stuck to it.
Exactly. If you want to do something "official", ask the "official" Illarion comitee for approbation. If you want to do something like a fanpage, feel free to do so.

If you just want to propose that somebody else does something, there is currently no manpower for such a thing. Whenever there is manpower, we'll remember this proposal.

@MoonDust: Neither was Keikan's post unintelligent nor can anybody do whatever he likes.