Your first time in Gobiath..

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Joxia Doral

Post by Joxia Doral »

How was it? ~ I was a bit put off by the 'clone world' of all chars looking exactly alike. I found things intersting enough to keep coming back though.

Were there a lot of people online? ~ I cant remeber really, exactly, but at the right time of day, Trolls Bane was literally bustling, daily when I first started playing.

Did you meet any people? ~ Yes I did, and they made me feel very welcome. Who? ~ The first 3 I remember meeting were Logrin Parr, Phibol, and Faladron and in that first week Dain Laiden who made a serious impression on my char :wink:Where? ~ Trolls Bane of course!

What did you first do? ~ went exploring the Copper mountains area just outside of Bane and barely escaped first sighting of golem :P

What 'class' was your first char? ~ Hrm...average I guess...? Did he/she stray on this path, or did they become a master at that? ~ Thought about becoming a cook at first...but meh...definately strayed and STILL trying to master something.

What race was the character? ~ Human.

What town did you 'settle' in/start in (For some chars) and did you like it there? Were there many people there? ~ I believe these were answered above.

How long did you survive until you were clouded? ~ Yeesh, second day I think...I know for sure in the first week...cant be certain if it was a wolf or madness mummies.
Orioli

Post by Orioli »

How was it?
I was amazed and tried/explored everything I could think of doing

Were there a lot of people online?
yes

Did you meet any people? Who? Where?
I met a lot of people, Chester Copperpot and Leva where the first, in Trollsbane obviously.

What did you first do?
wandered around clicking things and asking questions
It was my first time in a role-play-online experience *uber noob!*
erm well I had done the text style before, the forum type

What 'class' was your first char? Did he/she stray on this path, or did they become a master at that?
Priest, strayed

What race was the character?
human

What town did you 'settle' in/start in (For some chars) and did you like it there? Varshikar/Trollsbane, I liked every place I went to, I was very happy with Illarion
Were there many people there? usually someone always around
I also spent a lot of time at the Eldan Monastary

How long did you survive until you were clouded?
almost a month, possibly a mummy got me
Ezor Edwickton

Post by Ezor Edwickton »

How was it?
Slight learning curve. I never 'role played' before illarion. Loved it though. There wasn't anything like it back then and as far as I know, there still isn't.

More then there are now.

According to my old log the first people i met were Cherria, Arkrem, and Allerus the giver. And in keeping up with Illarion tradition of giving newbies free stuff Allerus game me a bunch of things. It was all in Trollsbane in front of Eliza's shop (where everyone used to hand out). There was not really any other place to live in back then. Notherot (as it was called back then) had deamons wondering around.

What did you first do?
Introduce myself to others. Rp poorly.

What 'class' was your first char? Did he/she stray on this path, or did they become a master at that?
I think i created this character with a fighter in mind, though not strictly. I liked the idea of a game where you could just do anything really. And yes, i kept with that somewhat. Made a lousy fighter though.

Human.

What town did you 'settle' in/start in (For some chars) and did you like it there? Were there many people there?
Trollbane.

Probably until my first time with fighting mummies. Which resided literally right outside the north gates at the time.

I miss the old times. Even the town seemed laid out better back then, in my opinion. Maybe it's just because that what I'm used to.
Colin Smalls

Post by Colin Smalls »

How was it? Awesome, at least the first time. I went to the tavern, where some human mocked my name (for like the first month ig I was known as Colin Smells, quite funny).

Were there a lot of people online? Yeah, loads. It was during a big bust up between Dain and co and the KOG. I followed the knights around, and tried to fake not being new.

Did you meet any people? Who? Where? Dain, Talliss, Dantagon, Jorokar, Deuce, Athian, Dominic (who tried to pk me) Konrad, Ayla, also some random people who doubtless noone here will remember.

What did you first do? After the knight stuff I went on a gnoll expedition with Konrad. He taught me a bunch of ig stuff via rp, which I found very cool.

What 'class' was your first char? Did he/she stray on this path, or did they become a master at that? I had no idea what I was doing in character creation, and chose stats based of RP. He's technically a battlemage, but since he never found anyone to teach him he's ended up being a reasonable fighter/jack of all trades type.

What race was the character? Human.

What town did you 'settle' in/start in (For some chars) and did you like it there? Were there many people there? I settled in Trollsbane. I'd say I was lucky, since I happened to join Illarion during a crazy day, and was therefore hooked right from the start. Otherwise I might've just logged out and never thought about the game again.

How long did you survive until you were clouded? Colin has never been clouded.
Arvemor

Post by Arvemor »

How was it?
Heh, scary and pixellated. I got off the boat with my human "mage", wandered inadvertently into a forest, got chased by wolves, with them following me all the way into town, I ran into a building, shut the door behind me, then realised the wolf was still there. Died. Wandered around as a ghost, then gave up on that character.

Were there a lot of people online? Don't think so...I didn't find any anyway. I was so surprised when I logged in as Krazen the next day, and I accidentally stepped in someone's herb patch whilst they harvested. I thought he was an npc, up until he cleared his throat.

Did you meet any people? Who? Where? The first person I think I met was...no. I don't remember. But the next is Don...Met in a bar, and he took me out to kill some things.

What did you first do? Wiith the mage, I died. With Krazen, I think I got in trouble for cutting down trees in town. Rhoden told him off multiple times, which led to Krazen attempting to light Bane...and surrounding areas several times.

What 'class' was your first char? Krazen is just as mentally challenged as when I first made him.

What race was the character? A greenskin ob course! Hur! Yoo fink meh beh anyfin' else!?

What town did you 'settle' in/start in (For some chars) and did you like it there? Krazen stayed in Troll's Bane most of the time. It was pretty awesome, but I got super excited when I got welcomed into the orc cave. Not many people there though, so I let KRazen get along with human's fairly well.

How long did you survive until you were clouded? Knowing Krazen...probably not very long. Krazen has been clouded so many times it's not funny.[/code]
Aegohl

Re: Your first time in Gobiath..

Post by Aegohl »

How was it?

It sucked.

One. Me.

I met mummies.

What did you first do?

I walked up to the mummies and tried to talk, but as NPC monsters they were not in a mood to talk back and so they chased me to the cross and killed me, then reskilled me 17 times until I logged out.

My character was an elderly dwarf who hung out with Galim and Alora Ironforge.

Dwarf... with an eyepatch.

What town did you 'settle' in/start in (For some chars) and did you like it there? Were there many people there?

I tried to get into Silverbrand, but I missed the day to apply, so I gave up on the character.

Etc.

Nearly five seconds.
Dyluck

Post by Dyluck »

How was it?
  • -You start in a spot inside the library surrounded by many closely cluttered bookshelves.
    -The bookshelves are blocking your view of your own sprite.
    -Bookshelves block your first step north and south.
    -Isometric view means when you press your arrow keys you don't know which way you just tried to walk.
    -Bookshelves block 2 out of 4 possible directions on 2 out of every 3 walkable tiles in the room.
    -Lag attempts to impede your progress.
    -Random chat appears on your screen from people upstairs and outside whom you cannot see.
    -You finally make it through the maze and get outside, thereby passing Illarion's first and hardest "application system" ever.
Were there a lot of people online? Suprisingly, I think there may have been 10 to 20.

Did you meet any people? Who? Where? I remember a dwarf named "shape", not capitalized I think. He was smithing/training at the depot next to the Mummy Ruins. That was the popular place to be, before that depot was taken away, and the best spot became outside Eliza's shop for many years. He offered to make me the best weapon and armour in the game. I said OK.

What did you first do? "can you #i? thx"

Probably wander around and die, and then got directions from a random stranger to the Yellow Cross, which was next to the depot and Mummy Ruins, where I probably then met "shape" and the others hanging out there.

What 'class' was your first char? Did he/she stray on this path, or did they become a master at that? I wanted to be a knight. Dyluck was a knight in Secret Of Mana. I picked up the "pen" spellbook dropped from mummies and accidently read it. I was now involuntarily a mage. Okayyyyy then.

Did I master being a mage? Yeah. Yes I did. You could say that. That's one way of putting it.

What race was the character? Human... probably German.

What town did you 'settle' in/start in (For some chars) and did you like it there? Were there many people there? There was only 1 town and it didn't have a name, but a discussion to name it was starting on the boards, unbeknownst to me at the time.

How long did you survive until you were clouded? Can't remember, but like I said, it probably happened pretty soon.

Etc. I had a list of numbers on paper of people who PKed me so that I could get revenge after I became stronger.
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

Aegohl wrote:How was it?

It sucked.

One. Me.

I met mummies.

What did you first do?

I walked up to the mummies and tried to talk, but as NPC monsters they were not in a mood to talk back and so they chased me to the cross and killed me, then reskilled me 17 times until I logged out.

My character was an elderly dwarf who hung out with Galim and Alora Ironforge.

Dwarf... with an eyepatch.

I tried to get into Silverbrand, but I missed the day to apply, so I gave up on the character.

Etc.

Nearly five seconds.
I love the varying levels of exaggeration on the previous page and the current one (this is a necro'd thread and you already gave an account ages ago :P).