Hello everyone!

Everything about Illarion that fits nowhere else. / Alles über Illarion was inhaltlich in kein anderes Board passt.

Moderator: Gamemasters

Charles Kingblood

Hello everyone!

Post by Charles Kingblood »

New guy here. Thought I'd drop by and introduce myself. I've read quite a bit on the forums and the wiki. from what i've read most of you have been around for quite some time and alot has changed apparently. from the perspective of a new guy i'll tell you things i've noticed from the point of view of a new guy that.

The world of illarion is well laid out. At first it is quite a bit to remember, my biggest problem thus far really is navigation. I really do wish i knew german and if im approached with german in game its a little awkward i don't want to break character and i also don't want to totally ignore them either.

I like the playing the game itsself and i like RPing , but i can see how a lot of others might feel awkward at first, during the creation process of the character when you are thinking of a story and description you get an idea of how you'll play and interact with others. however if you plan on making a warrior that can handle himself in battle you get involved in an RP that involves a fight and you...well can't do much. Newer players like myself that have interest in RPing, might not care TOO much about being an UBER warrior but if a story called for it (like a warrior or guard protecting a farmer from being pursued on his way into a city) would at least like to be able to handle ourselves. while skills maybe nonspecificly rated like by colors and i've mostly seen them described in percentages, it does take a bit to find your boundaries.

I've not tried a craftsman yet but i figure from what i've read, next to the average number of people on at a time from what i've seen it'd be very difficult to make money without taking on multiple crafts, like blacksmithing would need carpentry as swords may hurt your hands with no handles i think hehe. Also in order to advance in your skill you must actually use it, and when using it where would you sell your goods if no player is currently in need and vendors don't buy many things. so either you'd have to know somebody it seems or you'll have a seriously hard time making money. on that note do npcs buy higher level equipment, like the better things a blacksmith could make?

As i said some things are still a bit confusing but im sure i'll get it all figured out in time.
wolfsword

Post by wolfsword »

Welcome! I hope you stay here forever and ever (Though by joining you already handed us your soul, :twisted: ) and.. love that you took the time to read through all the stuff.

If you happen to be hungry, thirsty, etc, or wanting information in game, ask for a little hobbit named Samuel :wink: He's in and around Greenbriar and Troll's Bane mostly. *Cough* >_>
Alexander Knight

Post by Alexander Knight »

Yay fresh blood :)
If you need any help dont be shy to PM anyone, we are very helpful (Dont PM moondust :D)

If you need anything ig or out fell free to pm/dove me
Triton

Post by Triton »

Hey. nice to see you here..
Erm be nice then the most will be nice in remember.

;)
Damien

Post by Damien »

Welcome, and have fun ! =)
Sonara Stone

Post by Sonara Stone »

wolfsword wrote: (Though by joining you already handed us your soul, :twisted: )
(Its true.. You are now another victim of the Illarion monster. It eats your free time.)

Anyways, welcome to illarion! I do very much so hope you like it here. If you need anything you can PM (Private Message) Me, or wolfsword, or Alexander, or really anyone who seems to know what there talking about.
orgis

Post by orgis »

Sonara Stone wrote: If you need anything you can PM (Private Message) Me, or wolfsword, or Alexander, or really anyone who seems to know what there talking about.
then why did you say alex? :P only joking hehe :twisted:
Triton

Post by Triton »

You know the answer. ^^ :)
Alexander Knight

Post by Alexander Knight »

orgis wrote:
Sonara Stone wrote: If you need anything you can PM (Private Message) Me, or wolfsword, or Alexander, or really anyone who seems to know what there talking about.
I'll kick your ass stumpy!!
Llama

Post by Llama »

Greetings

Hope you enjoy your stay here.
We need more good roleplayers ;) and more importantly, we need more players willing to learn.

If ye have any questions, feel free to ask.

Regards

Me
1d20

Post by 1d20 »

Alexander Knight wrote:(Dont PM moondust :D)
If you're not a douchebag, and you don't seem like one, then don't worry and feel free to PM me. C:

Also, don't worry about German. It's considered another language ICly too. So if someone approaches your character with German, simply act out a #me eyes the person and shakes his head confusedly. "No speak old!"

Or something like that.

Just remember German is "Old Language" and English is "New Language" in-game.
orgis

Post by orgis »

Alexander Knight wrote:
orgis wrote:
I'll kick your ass stumpy!!
couldn't help it :lol:
AlexRose

Post by AlexRose »

MoonDust wrote:
Alexander Knight wrote:(Dont PM moondust :D)
If you're not a douchebag, and you don't seem like one, then don't worry and feel free to PM me. C:

Also, don't worry about German. It's considered another language ICly too. So if someone approaches your character with German, simply act out a #me eyes the person and shakes his head confusedly. "No speak old!"

Or something like that.

Just remember German is "Old Language" and English is "New Language" in-game.
Don't PM moondust.

It's better in the longrun.

Also, welcome to the forum :D

If you like randomness and big debates over little things, you'll fit right in here :P
Juliana D'cheyne

Post by Juliana D'cheyne »

Welcome, crafting is like any of the other professions... more skill usually the more copper earned. Feel free to ask for help in game too. A good resource is the wiki btw.
Olaf Tingvatn

Post by Olaf Tingvatn »

'ellou'ellou'ellou! yeah..your soul=ours now..trust me ive tried quiting/taking long breaks and come crawling back everytime.. enjoy your stay, which of course is to the end of time and/or your life.
Drakon Gerwulf
Developer

Post by Drakon Gerwulf »

Welcome to you, I hope you like it here and most of all be patience and don't be afraid to ask questions if need. There are a lot of helpful folks who will be glad to help.
dwarvesarecool

Post by dwarvesarecool »

Actually it ain't hard to find handles fer smithin. I'm a newbie dwarven blacksmith and I have around 150 handles of all kinds, bought rather cheaply from 2 different carpenters I know. I could have another 100 in a flash If I didn't already have a lifetime supply of em. The fact that their only quite good or good matters not to me, but if yer tryin' to make real high end stuff, fer good players you know, then use the best ya got. : )
Aldan Vian

Post by Aldan Vian »

Yes, another soul...Our power grows by the day... :twisted:

Anyway...Welcome! If you need to learn to learn fighting go find a certain lizard on a certain elven island. ;)
Llama

Post by Llama »

Aldan Vian wrote: If you need to learn to learn fighting go find a certain lizard on a certain elven island. ;)
And poke him with a stick.

You'll learn fighting pretty quick ;)
Olive

Post by Olive »

just dont poke the lady lizard with a stick, she bites, hard
Aldan Vian

Post by Aldan Vian »

Hadrian_Abela wrote:
Aldan Vian wrote: If you need to learn to learn fighting go find a certain lizard on a certain elven island. ;)
And poke him with a stick.

You'll learn fighting pretty quick ;)
Thats not a good idea...it ends badly...
olive wrote: Just don't poke the lizard lady
*shakes with fear*
dwarvesarecool

Post by dwarvesarecool »

Welcome, Dain Ironfoot, meet ya ingame a few times. Glad to see someone playin' a paladin with actual paladin attributes, instead of maxed con. agi. and str.